Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

New Shades
11-10-2019, 07:41 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2019 07:41 AM by Arwen Swordthain.)
New Shades
I was lucky enough to get 2 of the new shades on the same fur yesterday, posting a picture of them here so people can see, with Blush for comparison.

The cats are set up in my cattery at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/St...101/152/38 if anyone wants to pop in for a look at them live.

[Image: 02151be5880589bd90de040d69ac8b91.png]

Picture settings are Render Glow 3, Nam's optimal Skin 2 set to midday.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Barry Ballyhoo , HappyDaize Resident , Ellen Ireland , Songdog Woolley , Priestess Firanelli , Julinah Resident , Flair Daxeline , Jelly Supply
11-10-2019, 08:12 AM
RE: New Shades
Thank you for placing them out where we can all come take a look in SL.

I'm liking the Sparkle shade -- it's similar to Blush but appears to have some glow without being full bright.

Radiant definitely has a lot of specular shine and/or materials going on thought, which tends to make it look very 'plastic'.

I'm attaching a couple more screenshots, taken using other windlight settings -- one is a bright daylight, the other near sunset/dusk (which tends to wash everything in a reddish hue)…

[Image: 6QwDBgK.jpg]

[Image: 2AF71z7.jpg]
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Songdog Woolley , Julinah Resident , Arwen Swordthain , Jelly Supply
11-18-2019, 05:52 PM
I've never had to pay attention to the shade before when testing starters, so I was a bit slow to do so. So far I've gotten 2 kittens showing Blush and 1 showing Twinkle, which prompts me to mention the following reminder for anyone else who also isn't used to testing for shade:

If, while testing your starters, you get back Glitter, Porcelain, Twinkle, Flash, or Blush shade, the kitten is definitely hiding one of the new shades, as these 5 shades are all retired, and there are no old not-retired shades more recessive than Glitter.
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Julinah Resident , Arwen Swordthain , Jelly Supply
11-19-2019, 07:21 AM
My current dilemma is whether to continue looking for shades in cats that are otherwise fully tested.

Forum Based Charts

11-19-2019, 01:41 PM
My current dilemma is trying to see what's behind the Radiant I pulled from two starters. It could just be a second kitty with Radiant...and I could breed those kitties out for weeks and weeks without pulling anything else. But all it takes is that one time to see that something else is indeed hiding there. I'm hoping it's something else for the sheer fact we can place something as more recessive than Radiant. But I don't know who has what yet between mom and dad. Working on backbreeding on both, though. Smile If mom has the different hider, it will be easier lol. But if it's dad, it might take a little bit. Especially since he also hides the new Pixie Tufted Ears. Jackpot kitty making things more complex haha.
11-22-2019, 03:52 AM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2019 03:54 AM by Arwen Swordthain.)
(11-19-2019 01:41 PM)AryaElentari Resident Wrote:  My current dilemma is trying to see what's behind the Radiant I pulled from two starters. It could just be a second kitty with Radiant...and I could breed those kitties out for weeks and weeks without pulling anything else. But all it takes is that one time to see that something else is indeed hiding there. I'm hoping it's something else for the sheer fact we can place something as more recessive than Radiant. But I don't know who has what yet between mom and dad. Working on backbreeding on both, though. Smile If mom has the different hider, it will be easier lol. But if it's dad, it might take a little bit. Especially since he also hides the new Pixie Tufted Ears. Jackpot kitty making things more complex haha.

I'm doing it the same way I deal with any recessives, breeding the starter with something more dominant to create a hider or pair of hiders. It remains the fastest way to check each starter, as you say the special could be pure or could hide another, without knowing what each starter hides what you may never know. I got lucky with the two boys and have a girl hider backbreeding already, the females are being a little more difficult, if I get really lucky the Radiant and Sparkle are in the Mums and both Dads hide something else, can't see me being that lucky though.

Forum Based Charts

11-24-2019, 02:59 AM
My Radiant & Sparkle popped a brilliant in the Patch II so heres some more comparison photos including the blush. Cats are set out still in my cattery if anyone wants to look.

Render Glow set to 3 in all pictures

Nams Optimal Skin 2 WL settings
[Image: b0a9256eaf227d03a984c91377857e3d.png]

Standard Sunrise
[Image: f0ff43b21d26c2f9dae7d01e7d1d70a0.png]

Standard Midday
[Image: bc53589501fddf04fc5ac463e78ee63b.png]

Standard Sunset
[Image: 94d4bef47430d1d51beea376d31628d0.png]

Standard Midnight
[Image: 802cfe5e7ee4d38c7cdcc4586930432d.png]

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: Julinah Resident , Ivy Norsk , HappyDaize Resident , Songdog Woolley , AstridSolace Resident , Sara Franco
11-24-2019, 05:28 AM
@Arwen.. Thanks for the great work Smile
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)