Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

EXPLANATION FROM LL ABOUT THIS WEEKEND'S ISSUES
05-28-2019, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2019 09:42 PM by Callie Cline.)
Heart EXPLANATION FROM LL ABOUT THIS WEEKEND'S ISSUES
hi everyone!

Patch Linden immediately replied to me this morning (i had written him over the weekend but he was on vacation) and told me they'd jump on our ticket immediately.

he got back to me and told me that they had NO issues over the weekend and that support would reach back out to gather more details.

so Kyle Linden wrote me inworld and asked me some questions and after looking into things he explained what happened and how it fixed itself this morning.

thought you'd all like to know what it was and why it affected only 1.60 cats on certain sims, etc.

SL until this morning had 2 versions of their code which ran on different servers. One version of code broke this weekend and affected any sim on the servers with that code. they have been moving all the servers to the new code over the past few months which explains why our cats have had some glitches here and there. Our KittyCatS! sim was on the older versions, and some of you who also were on sims with old code had 1.60 cats affected (not all with 1.60 cats were affected as some were on sims with the newer code.)

This morning they restarted the entire grid and it's now ALL on the same version of Second life software.

This is why it started fixing itself when the sim changed over to the new version and why people suddenly started seeing their boxes load. it was a connectivity issue among other things.

Note: This is their speculation of what may have happened and they said not to quote them as until they did a proper investigation they'd not know for sure but seems to be a reasonable explanation given what we and others reported. soooo there you go!

So we're so happy that it's all fixed and we can get you all back to having your kitties working as well as possible!

thank you for your patience and understanding. it was a trying LONG days and nights but thankfully we had some fun too and i'll be sending a little gift out later for you all.

thank you!! you are truly the best community ever. your kindness and patience and ability to be understanding to people frustrated is so appreciated.

xo,
callie
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: AstridSolace Resident , chris1974 Yatsenko , LadyBlackDiamond2013 Resident , TerrorMisu Resident , Keila Forager , Ellen Ireland , Luckylady Llewellyn , Shamu077 Resident , Bibbitt Borel , Fifi Wickentower , Eleanor8 Resident , Sannctuary Resident , Tawnni Tigerpaw , Etierre Bonde , Jelly Supply , Saxoni Fenstalker , Aubreygrace Starlight , Priestess Firanelli , Maxwell Grantly , VeetMesser Resident , lieutenant Wheatcliffe , Mareep18 Resident , Nalacruxia Resident
05-28-2019, 12:02 PM
RE: EXPLANATION FROM LL ABOUT THIS WEEKEND'S ISSUES
(05-28-2019 11:27 AM)Callie Cline Wrote:  hi everyone!

Patch Linden immediately replied to me this morning (i had written him over the weekend but he was on vacation) and told me they'd jump on our ticket immediately.

he got back to me and told me that they had NO issues over the weekend and that support would reach back out to gather more details.

so Kyle Linden wrote me inworld and asked me some questions and after looking into things he explained what happened and how it fixed itself this morning.

thought you'd all like to know what it was and why it affected only 1.60 cats on certain sims, etc.

SL until this morning had 2 versions running on various servers. One broke this weekend. Our KittyCatS! sim was on one of the versions, and some of you who were affected with 1.60 cats were also affected (not all with 1.60 cats were affected)

This morning they restarted the entire grid and it's now ALL on the same version of Second life software.

This is why it started fixing itself when the sim changed over to the new version and why people suddenly started seeing their boxes load. it was a connectivity issue among other things.

Note: This is their speculation of what may have happened and they said not to quote them as until they did a proper investigation they'd not know for sure but seems to be a reasonable explanation given what we and others reported. soooo there you go!

So we're so happy that it's all fixed and we can get you all back to having your kitties working as well as possible!

thank you for your patience and understanding. it was a trying LONG days and nights but thankfully we had some fun too and i'll be sending a little gift out later for you all.

thank you!! you are truly the best community ever. your kindness and patience and ability to be understanding to people frustrated is so appreciated.

xo,
callie

Really awesome to see, on my part... that Fuzzbutt, after being completely mucked and dysfunctional, restored wholly without ticket-support! Was tending to Innsmouth things when his menu popping up completely unexpectedly, so I headed over to his bed spot and literally watched him as a mini-cube-thing sitting on his bed... and reshaped into big basic prim-blobs, then textures, and decided to see if he'd turn 2D - which he did... and switched back, to see him back to his old self, napping peacefully (probably exhausted?)...
 Thanks given by: Ellen Ireland , Luckylady Llewellyn , Fifi Wickentower , Eleanor8 Resident , Sannctuary Resident , Arwen Swordthain , Etierre Bonde , VeetMesser Resident , Mareep18 Resident
05-28-2019, 08:40 PM
Interesting that it wasn't posted on the grid status and that it was only your site. I breed several other breedables and everything was up during the weekend. It may have been more believable had you actually posted your im from the Linden Labs, but I really believe you shut down for the holiday. I really don't care what you do. i just do not like to be lied to.
 Thanks given by: Mareep18 Resident
05-28-2019, 09:38 PM
(05-28-2019 08:40 PM)auxilialaucour Resident Wrote:  Interesting that it wasn't posted on the grid status and that it was only your site. I breed several other breedables and everything was up during the weekend. It may have been more believable had you actually posted your im from the Linden Labs, but I really believe you shut down for the holiday. I really don't care what you do. i just do not like to be lied to.

Kittycats did not "shut down for the holiday." The staff gave up their holiday plans, worked 24/7 fixing cats and answering tickets. Anyone who was in chat for even 10 minutes over the weekend knows that.
 Thanks given by: Cailet Enchantment , Fifi Wickentower , Arwen Swordthain , Etierre Bonde , Saxoni Fenstalker , Autumn Ehrenkranz , Ivy Norsk , Aubreygrace Starlight , VeetMesser Resident , Eleanor8 Resident , lieutenant Wheatcliffe , Mareep18 Resident
05-28-2019, 09:39 PM
(05-28-2019 08:40 PM)auxilialaucour Resident Wrote:  Interesting that it wasn't posted on the grid status and that it was only your site. I breed several other breedables and everything was up during the weekend. It may have been more believable had you actually posted your im from the Linden Labs, but I really believe you shut down for the holiday. I really don't care what you do. i just do not like to be lied to.

hi, i appreciate the opportunity to clarify so perhaps you understand more the situation.

we didn't take the weekend off or shut down at all. we closed our sim because the vendors were taking lindens and NOT delivering the product. we don't hand deliver, it's done via scripted vendors that failed. there's no reason to "shut down" the sim. only to save customers from having more of a hassle of non deliveries. hope that clarifies that part for you.

as far as other breedables, all scripted items in sl are different. code they do affects different scripted items in different ways it's why our version 1.60 cats were affected but not any of the other versions which there are far more of. other scripted things like vendors in shops, rental boxes, etc on the sims on the older code were also not working.

it all depended on the coded item and what sim it was on.

we have always provided support on every holiday including christmas, easter. etc. yesterday was no exception.

the reason Linden Lab did not post anything is because they were closed and THEY took off for the holiday, (sunday and monday, as indicated on their blog) so there was no way for them to post as they didn't even know of the situation until this morning when Patch wrote me back and Kyle saw our ticket and wrote me to inquire more.

When I spoke to Kyle Linden and he told me what i wrote above was the "reasonable" explanation and he would have to have his team look into it to know exactly what it was that caused us and others to have their product fail.

if you were around this morning then you would have seen as soon as sims began restarting, cats started working that were on those sims which were 1.60.

Linden Lab did their planned maintenance today which is what put everyone on the SAME code which is what fixed our issue. (as the older code in their estimation apparently broke on Sunday morning)

additionally this issue did not affect second life as a whole just some things like our version 1.60 cats which were on sims with the older code and casper vendors and other scripted items on sims running on older code sims.

if we had shut down for the weekend, then we'd not have been around to deal with hundreds of tickets and make more work for ourselves and show up to do that work when we were supposedly gone? i'm not following that logic.

thanks for the opportunity to clarify and i hope this clarifies the issue for you.

sincerely,
callie cline
 Thanks given by: BethTech Resident , Fenris Ash , Junie Nova , Cailet Enchantment , CosimaBattle Resident , Fifi Wickentower , Eleanor8 Resident , Tawnni Tigerpaw , Arwen Swordthain , Fennet Resident , Ryanna Enfield , Ellen Ireland , Etierre Bonde , Saxoni Fenstalker , Autumn Ehrenkranz , Aubreygrace Starlight , Kaiku Littlepaws , Shamu077 Resident , VeetMesser Resident , lieutenant Wheatcliffe , Mareep18 Resident
05-28-2019, 09:44 PM
(05-28-2019 09:39 PM)Callie Cline Wrote:  if we had shut down for the weekend, then we'd not have been around to deal with hundreds of tickets and make more work for ourselves and show up to do that work when we were supposedly gone? i'm not following that logic.

thanks for the opportunity to clarify and i hope this clarifies the issue for you.

sincerely,
callie cline

Callie, you are a really classy human to spend the time writing a polite response to this person who absolutely didn't deserve one.

Thanks again to you and all of the staff who worked around the clock all weekend; those of us who watched you run yourselves ragged trying to find work arounds and GO INDIVIDUALLY TO PEOPLE'S LAND TO REZ FOOD FOR THEM and other actions absolutely beyond the call of duty will not soon forget it.
 Thanks given by: Fenris Ash , Junie Nova , Cailet Enchantment , Fifi Wickentower , Eleanor8 Resident , Ivy Norsk , Tawnni Tigerpaw , Fennet Resident , Ryanna Enfield , Etierre Bonde , Autumn Ehrenkranz , VeetMesser Resident , lieutenant Wheatcliffe , Mareep18 Resident
05-28-2019, 11:10 PM
(05-28-2019 09:44 PM)ShannonSpoonhunter Resident Wrote:  
(05-28-2019 09:39 PM)Callie Cline Wrote:  if we had shut down for the weekend, then we'd not have been around to deal with hundreds of tickets and make more work for ourselves and show up to do that work when we were supposedly gone? i'm not following that logic.

sincerely,
callie cline

Callie, you are a really classy human to spend the time writing a polite response to this person who absolutely didn't deserve one.

Thanks again to you and all of the staff who worked around the clock all weekend; those of us who watched you run yourselves ragged trying to find work arounds and GO INDIVIDUALLY TO PEOPLE'S LAND TO REZ FOOD FOR THEM and other actions absolutely beyond the call of duty will not soon forget it.

Indeed! I waited till the last minute to request hand delivered food, and as it turned out the problem was fixed before my food ran out, so I did not have to add to the workload.

But have you considered making cat food available via the Marketplace? Or would have that been "broken" too?
 Thanks given by: Fennet Resident , Etierre Bonde , Mareep18 Resident
05-29-2019, 04:28 AM
Thumbs Up RE: EXPLANATION FROM LL ABOUT THIS WEEKEND'S ISSUES
I’m probably not saying anything that hasn’t already been said, but when I found out the KittyCatS team were going to people’s land to deliver food, well that blew me away. I’ve known for years the excellent customer service KittyCatS provide us with, and the Memorial Day Blowout has only served as yet another reminder of it.

I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to Callie, Kitten Longmeadow, and the KittyCatS team for all that they’ve done to support us through this weekend’s problems. I know I speak for more than myself when I say it’s good to know we have you there when things start turning to custard.

[/align]
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Tawnni Tigerpaw , Arwen Swordthain , Fennet Resident , Ellen Ireland , ShannonSpoonhunter Resident , Autumn Ehrenkranz , VeetMesser Resident , Eleanor8 Resident , lieutenant Wheatcliffe , Mareep18 Resident
05-29-2019, 02:12 PM
Thanks so much for hand delivering food. The problem was fixed before mine ran out, but I appreciate all the effort you put into keeping us from getting hysterical.

[Image: kittycats%2Bsignature5.jpg]
 Thanks given by: lieutenant Wheatcliffe , Mareep18 Resident
05-29-2019, 05:29 PM
Thank YOU, you did go the EXTRA MILE. You and the entired KittyCats Team.
You even made a sort of event where people got to ride MEGAS it was my first time riding a Mega Cat as I don't own one yet and everyone was so friendly.
I started Kittycats a long time ago and had to leave SL, came back months ago and you guys are still AMAZING.

Don't ever change x
 Thanks given by: ShannonSpoonhunter Resident , Ellen Ireland , Autumn Ehrenkranz , lieutenant Wheatcliffe , Mareep18 Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)