Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

SL issues - Sunday, May 26
05-26-2019, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2019 08:25 PM by Kitten Longmeadow.)
SL issues - Sunday, May 26
Hi all! We're experiencing issues in SL right now that are affecting the following:

*Breeding cats (boxes will not load)
*Birthing boxes (kittens will not load or will load as a torus)
*In-store purchases (vendors will not deliver)
*Dock purchases (K$ is not added to your account)
*Cattery purchases (items are not added to your account)
*Cat retrievals from Cattery (will not rez on the Dock)
*Switching prim states (cats and boxes will fail to load)
*Support retrievals (our retrieval tools will not work)

Although this seems like a lot, we've dealt with these issues before. We're hoping SL will fix the problems quickly but this is a holiday weekend here in the US so it might take longer than normal.

In the meantime, please hold off on making purchases, breeding cats, birthing boxes, changing cats/boxes from one prim state to another, and retrieving from the Cattery.

Our store is also closed right now to prevent people from making purchases that they will not receive and thus losing money. We will re-open as soon as possible!

If you need to file a ticket for a broken cat/box or a missed purchase, please do so. We will try to answer them as soon as possible. In the case of lost purchases we will send you a gift card to re-make your purchases once our store is re-opened.

We know this is frustrating and inconvenient, and we appreciate you all bearing with us while we weather this storm. You guys are the best community in SL and we appreciate you so much! Smile

There's a sucker born every minute, and the stray cats know where we all live!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Hayati Osumi , Jelly Supply , ladywench58 Resident , chris1974 Yatsenko , Sannctuary Resident , MsKitriana Resident , Melinda Jensen , AstridSolace Resident , Aubreygrace Starlight , Luckylady Llewellyn
05-27-2019, 09:04 AM
RE: SL issues - Sunday, May 26
Is this going to cause issues with breeding pairs that are on automatic repartnering?
05-27-2019, 11:39 AM
(05-27-2019 09:04 AM)Hayati Osumi Wrote:  Is this going to cause issues with breeding pairs that are on automatic repartnering?

If it does hun just file a support ticket. I am sure KC will take care of it. =)
05-27-2019, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2019 01:52 PM by Bondette Aftermath.)
I'd like to take a moment to thank KittyCats staff and especially the online csr's.
The collective 'we' get upset when there are problems and your csr's recognize this and the angst in chat - they handle it exceptionally well.
Good job Smile I'll be needing food soon but if I don't get it no worried, my faith is with Support.
 Thanks given by: Sannctuary Resident , ArikTheRed Resident , Luckylady Llewellyn
05-27-2019, 02:00 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2019 02:00 PM by Etierre Bonde.)
Any word on the progress of getting the server issues resolved? I hope it all works out, would hate to lose KC as I've enjoyed them, and the KC friends I've made, so much for the last 7yrs. <3
05-27-2019, 04:59 PM
(05-27-2019 02:00 PM)Etierre Bonde Wrote:  Any word on the progress of getting the server issues resolved? I hope it all works out, would hate to lose KC as I've enjoyed them, and the KC friends I've made, so much for the last 7yrs. <3

From what I was told the issues are on SL's side of things, and unfortunately Linden Labs is on break for the memorial day holiday. So it is unlikely to get fixed until sometime tomorrow when LL staff return to work.
05-27-2019, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2019 07:41 PM by ArikTheRed Resident.)
One thing noted... Sunday night I brought Fuzzbutt back home to Innsmouth from his week a Sci Fi Con 2019. He rezzed as a stretched torus/donut, frozen in place for a time, then "Loading... Do not take into inventory..." sort of message appearing when I clicked on the torus. After a time the torus began to move about at the rezz spot. Could not see any floating text except the warning text. I decided to leave him there, and returned this morning to see that he was gone, but showing intermittently on Area Search, seeming to be somewhere on the move as a normal kitty would be. I located him via Parcel Settings - Scripts and couldn't see him where he ought to be until seeing he was visible on Area Search. I zoomed in on him that way, and he was a dinky, I mean really dinky, cluster of gray cubes. I brought him to where he (the cube-Fuzz) was close to me and walked back to the home-spot. He followed. I decided to continue to let him be and logged off. I came back this morning and found "cube-Fuzz" on his nap pillow, appearing as before, motionless. So, seemed to be following scripted behavior, but still a dinky textless cube-thing.

I logged into Cosmo this morning and fetched the KittyTrek cats, and rezzed them at their home with no difficulties. One of the KittyCats chat folks had asked what version Fuzz was and I recall him being 1.6-ish. The KittyTrek cats are all v1.58. Per that person, all of her cats that were having issues are v1.6x, not earlier 1.5x, which would appear to be consistent. That said, it would imply that because the effect is possibly "version based", that the issue lies in KittyCatS scripting moreso than SecondLife.

Image of cubist Fuzz for consideration... The small grayish blocky-blob in front of the "normal size" green itty, Darnesha.

[Image: 47943529866_1da20b9501_b.jpg]
 Thanks given by: Bondette Aftermath , Fennet Resident
05-27-2019, 08:14 PM
Fuzzbutt

I've heard the name lots in chat but have long wondered who this elusive Fuzzbutt was. I thought it was a developer who went unshaven.
Imagine my surprise.
 Thanks given by: ArikTheRed Resident
05-27-2019, 10:27 PM
(05-27-2019 08:14 PM)Bondette Aftermath Wrote:  Fuzzbutt

I've heard the name lots in chat but have long wondered who this elusive Fuzzbutt was. I thought it was a developer who went unshaven.
Imagine my surprise.

An everyday "Fuzzbutt around town" photo for Bondette...

[Image: 44038922795_34bab11938_b.jpg]
 Thanks given by: Fennet Resident
05-28-2019, 03:11 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2019 03:12 AM by Fennet Resident.)
(05-27-2019 07:39 PM)ArikTheRed Resident Wrote:  One thing noted... Sunday night I brought Fuzzbutt back home to Innsmouth from his week a Sci Fi Con 2019. He rezzed as a stretched torus/donut, frozen in place for a time, then "Loading... Do not take into inventory..." sort of message appearing when I clicked on the torus. After a time the torus began to move about at the rezz spot. Could not see any floating text except the warning text. I decided to leave him there, and returned this morning to see that he was gone, but showing intermittently on Area Search, seeming to be somewhere on the move as a normal kitty would be. I located him via Parcel Settings - Scripts and couldn't see him where he ought to be until seeing he was visible on Area Search. I zoomed in on him that way, and he was a dinky, I mean really dinky, cluster of gray cubes.

Oh, no! Poor Fuzz!

[Image: kittycats%2Bsignature5.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)