Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

New Text Suggestion
05-14-2019, 06:40 AM
New Text Suggestion
I would like to suggest a new line in the "text" fields. I *love* seeing/using the name field to keep notes on "this hides this, dad was this" type thing...but i also would like to just name it "joe" or "jane". I realize pedigree has a section for notes, but if you pass the kitty, as far as i know, those notes don't pass. If I have a kitty running around, i don't "need" it's name to be "5T(9T,GStar) OE Unity Brik M"...but having a field under (between the name and the age, i think) to me would be awesome. Can turn it on for sales, and off for other times. Even for sales, it would show up when the person clicks on it, and gets the stats, so it's not "necessary" to have it on even for sales.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: ShannonSpoonhunter Resident , TeeJay Torok
05-31-2020, 03:56 PM
RE: New Text Suggestion
Yessssss! Plus to be able to change the name with hidden traits after the cat has gone to Menagerie. I find having that info in the profile box very helpful instead of bouncing between pages.
Tried to post a pic...gave up :-P
Find all posts by this user
06-01-2020, 07:27 AM
RE: New Text Suggestion
The main reason people use those funky abbreviations is Area Search and the way-short name limit.

To my mind, the entire issue could be solved with a check-box option on the cat. If checked, append the traits to the name. "Joe" the becomes "Joe, Russian Black, Forest (Mysterious Small), ..." and Area Search becomes much more useful.

It might be nice to add a trait count, but since every cat has (presently) 9 traits, and the ones which do and don't count are a bit fluid, that's probably not going to happen.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)