Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Winter sim is open -- fun KC vignettes -- vote for your fav cat scenes too
12-11-2018, 01:39 AM
Winter sim is open -- fun KC vignettes -- vote for your fav cat scenes too
Kittycats Winter sim is now open! Come and vote for your favorite displays. You can vote for as many as you like. KC did a wonderful job decorating the sim too, lot sof fun vignettes.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/So.../58/179/22

[Image: 319c484d6022a69ce136efe8d1403cc1.gif]

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident , Sannctuary Resident , Ellen Ireland , lieutenant Wheatcliffe , DarkenedCharli Resident
12-11-2018, 06:28 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2018 07:40 AM by MsMagick Resident.)
Welcome to The House of Bast!
Kayla, the Pratchett quote in your signature is the purrfect introduction to my display!

Welcome to The House of Bast!

The theme this year is "Wild Winter!" All the sand made me think of Egypt, so I decided to depict some of my wildest cats - toygers and tigers - celebrating in honor of Bast!

Bast was a goddess of protection and blessings, and the goddess of cats in ancient Egypt. She was a protectress of women and children, and was sometimes depicted with a litter of kittens at her feet. She was also the goddess of music, dance, and pleasure, and her festivals were filled with music, dancing and wine. Worshippers played instruments - including drums, tambourines and sistrums - and went singing and dancing through the streets, as well as celebrating at her temple. (You might want to on turn on - or off - your sounds near my display.)

Sekhmet is also included in my display because sometimes the two are seen as aspects of the same Goddess - and besides, this is really a celebration of ALL Cats!

Thou art the Great Cat, the avenger of the Gods, and the judge of words,
and the president of the sovereign chiefs and the governor of the holy Circle;
thou art indeed…the Great Cat.

~ Inscription on the Royal Tombs at Thebes

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4994]

I have to admit that every time I think of the theme I also keep hearing "One Wild Night" by Bon Jovi in my head:

It's a hot night, the natives are restless
We're sweating by the light of the moon
There's a voodoo mojo brewing at the go-go
That could knock a witch off her broom

We slither on in and shed our skin
Make our way into the bump and the grind
So I'm passing by, she gives me the eye
So I stop to give her a light

One wild night (blinded by the moonlight)
One wild night (24 hours of midnight)
One wild night (I stepped into the twilight zone
And she left my heart with vertigo)
One wild, one wild, one wild,
One Wild Night!

Come join the party!
&
May all your Holidays/Holly Days/Holy Days, be Happy!

So, My Fellow Participants,

What was your inspiration?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Kayla Woodrunner , Sannctuary Resident , Ellen Ireland , lieutenant Wheatcliffe , DarkenedCharli Resident
12-22-2018, 11:40 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2019 01:06 AM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
RE: Welcome to The House of Bast!
I saw it and voted for you already, MsMagick. I love the Egyptian Bastet goddess. She's so cool.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
 Thanks given by: Sannctuary Resident , Ellen Ireland , lieutenant Wheatcliffe
12-28-2018, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2018 11:20 AM by Sannctuary Resident.)
RE: Winter sim is open -- Wonka Xmas Greetings
Thanks, Kayla for this Thread, and the cool sim theme and your decor display is wonderful MsMagik.
I am impressed and delighted with the creative and technical work and diversity throughout the Wild Winter themed Displays.

Mine is number 28 'A Wonka Christmas Greeting'

When Kitten said that the Winter Decor theme would be tropical rather than snowy, I related well; being from Australia where its a very Hot time of Year.

Yet my choice of theme Was initially Born from my Luck when my 2018 Devil Doll delivered a Golden Ticket KittyCat. It was such a buzz I wanted to feature this breed in the display
and based it on the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Movie.
An interesting movie layered in meaning and analogies. Not all idyllic and fun yet punctuated with reality and the sinister.

Willy Wonka a famous yet disillusioned recluse who wants to find an heir to his very secret and closely guarded sweets Empire devises a competition In the hope of finding the right child to give his beloved Enterprise to.
The winners of the Competition will Meet Willy Wonka and be granted a Private Group Tour to see inside this Unique Candy and Chocolate Factory. -----

Golden Tickets were placed in only 5 of the millions of Chocolate Wonka Bars shipped worldwide. The Hunt begins until All 5 tickets are found!

"Inside this Room, all of my dreams become realities and some of my realities become dreams." - Quote - Willy Wonka

My Display presents a scene inside the factory on the Tour. Its' fantastic land of plenty with a chocolate river where everything is edible and is perfectly run and balanced where Wonka tests the children to find 'A Worthy Child' something he personally doesn't believe he will find and almost fails to find one whose worth is being evaluated solely on the imposed rigid expectation of their behavior as good or bad. All had misbehaved. But one returned to challenge that belief.

This was my inspiration ~*
children, After all, are children and are innately whole beings ultimately capable with encouragement and guidance to accept themselves. learn to make positive use of their talents; To realize their own worth but not defined by a superimposed morality which solely determines their Value for them.

The Christmas Tree in my Decor scene is my salute to a time of year when Perfect behaviour is not the sole criterion for being rewarded or belonging. Christmas is a time to celebrate humanity despite our mistakes and for children just being children, perfectly evolving.

Any others wanting to share the inspiration for their Entry? would love to see.
 Thanks given by: Ellen Ireland , lieutenant Wheatcliffe , Kayla Woodrunner , DarkenedCharli Resident
12-29-2018, 02:56 PM
RE: Winter sim is open -- fun KC vignettes -- vote for your fav cat scenes too
Sannie, your Willy Wonka display is wonderful, and much better seen animated in person!
 Thanks given by: Sannctuary Resident , Kayla Woodrunner
01-02-2019, 01:05 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2019 01:05 AM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
RE: Winter sim is open -- Wonka Xmas Greetings
It is very cute Sannctuary. I thought you might like a moving gif for posterity

[Image: fb127a0931b19ac508750ed9820c72b5.gif]

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
 Thanks given by: DarkenedCharli Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)