Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Too Confused! About the Special Kitties breeding rules
03-30-2012, 11:24 AM
RE: Too Confused! About the Special Kitties breeding rules
(03-29-2012 09:58 PM)KittyCatS Wrote:  However, as mentioned before , you can fill a ticket with all the details, and we will do our best to correct your situation individually.

Thanks, KittyCatS - but I do not wish to get rid of the only clover-cat I have, of course! :O
I like the clover eyes, I am happy about my clover-eyed kitty, and hope to breed the eyes out - but that doesn't change that I feel slightly fooled because I put quite a bit of wasted effort into trying to breed ANOTHER clover cat with my "nicer" cats, as mentioned - and yes, that was by using alts, an idea hastily picked up after people started posting their numerous clovers Wink

-Since you posted when and how both I, Tad's wife AND Tad's wife's alts had clover-cats, you can probably also see how many more kittens I had via alts during that weekend (I didn't count myself, but I guess around 15?), and how many of those actually had NO chance at all of breeding clover, since they show Odyssey Rainbow. I believe more or less all my Odyssey Rainbow Kitties bred during that time, and at first, I was rather puzzled that I (as Saga) had a clover-cat in first try, while my alts just couldn't get one, no matter how I tried. Later, I began suspecting what has now been confirmed - that many of these cats actually stood no chance at all, due to their recessive eyes. I even talked to a friend I trust about this suspicion - but did not mention it in public at all, as perhaps some would take a slight suspicion from me a bit too seriously... Wink

I understand why you made it work like you did - it would have made no sense at all if Clover is dominant to Odyssey Rainbow, and yet could be the hidden trait in a Odyssey Rainbow kitty... But what I am saying is that this method of introducing a new eye might not be the best. You did not make equal chances for all - you favoured those that breed dominant eye traits, and let some people re-arrange and delay breeding in their very best cats for absolutely nothing... They had no chance, they just didn't know it, and all their effort was for nothing.

This idea was interesting (and it made for some interesting workarounds in breeding and use of friends, alts etc., lol!) but considering that without our knowledge, some cats simply had no chance to begin with, I would not recommend doing it exactly this way again. -And I am saying this while I STILL very much appreciate that you didn't overrule common sense and normal genetics... I hope it makes sense ;-)

I am trying to think of a way it could work better, without anyone feeling cheated of their chances to breed out whatever lucky trait you wish to introduce in the future... But I can't see any better way actually, unless introducing what Tad called a "True Recessive" this way... But that would create a whole new bunch of problems, I guess. Maybe the old idea of not messing with existing cats' genetics was not that bad, after all ;-)

Saga
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Too Confused! About the Special Kitties breeding rules - Saga Felix - 03-30-2012 11:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)