Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

New Fur Tiger! - Huckleberry
01-04-2019, 12:00 PM
RE: New Fur Tiger! - Huckleberry
I'm planning to start some placement investigation on this fur ask, but I am finishing up a couple of other projects first (and, honestly, I'm traiting a couple of these guys up, first)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2019, 09:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2019 10:04 PM by ShannonSpoonhunter Resident.)
Tiger Huckleberry dominant to Balinese Flame Lynx.

Barrie is a Bali Seal Lynx who hides Bali Flame Lynx (proved also by this pedigree)

Justyna is a Tiger Huckleberry who hides Burmilla Chocolate Silver Shaded or better.

They've had two kittens. One of them is a Bali Flame Lynx, and one of them is a Huckleberry. The Flame Lynx kitten must have Justyna's hidden, because Bali Flame Lynx is dominant to Burmilla Chocolate Silver Shaded (or whatever more recessive that Justyna might be hiding), and because the same pairing also produced a Huckleberry kitten, meaning Huckleberry can't be recessive to the Bali Flame Lynx, which is Barrie's hidden, or we'd never see it from this pair.

I don't know yet what the Huckleberry kitten is hiding, but it's either Bali Seal Lynx or Bali Flame Lynx, meaning that Huckleberry is at least dominant to Bali Flame Lynx.

[Image: c5702fbb548b280412e340b68e379ae8.png]

[Image: 58b453b925a658522d19feec7c29a7eb.png]
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain , Songdog Woolley
01-08-2019, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2019 10:08 PM by Ivy Norsk.)
Okay Ladies and Gents, this proof is a fun one. I think it's good and Shannon has indeed proved that Tiger Huckleberry is dominant to Bali Flame.
This is a complicated proof. Here is my version of the explanation:

We have a mom, Justyna, who is direct from the starter: Tiger Huckleberry hiding Burmilla CSS or Burm Lilac (or better).
We have a dad, Barrie, who’s is showing Bali Seal and who is hiding Bali Flame. We can see that he’s hiding Bali Flame from pedigree one because he produced a Bali Flame kitten (with Jusyna) and the Flame could have come from nowhere else but him.

But the same pairing, Barrie and Justyna, also produced a Huckleberry showing cat.

So there are 4 combinations that these cats could throw.
•So one scenerio is that they both throw hidden, Barrie throws Bali Flame and this produces Bali Flame over Burmilla CSS (or Burmilla Lilac Shaded or whatever it is that Justyna is hiding).
•If Barrie throws Bali Seal, and Justyna throws the Css, we’d see the Bali Seal.
•If Barrie throws Bali Seal, and Justyna throws the Huckleberry, and Huckleberry is dominant to both Seal and Flame we we would not see the Seal. And that COULD be what we are seeing here: that Huckle is dominant to Bali Flame AND Bali Seal. Maybe.

But at minimum we have the 4th combination:
•If Barrie threw Bali Flame and Justyna threw Huckle and Huckle is recessive to Seal, but is dominant to Flame it would cover the Flame. If it were recessive to Bali Flame, we’d never see Tiger Huckleberry as a showing fur with this set of parents. It must be covering either the Bali Seal or the Bali Flame or it never would have shown in any of the throws.

Ergo, the fact that it appears as a shown offspring of this pair means that it must be dominant AT LEAST to the Bali Flame.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: ShannonSpoonhunter Resident , Arwen Swordthain , Songdog Woolley , Kat2075 Resident
01-09-2019, 01:53 AM
Thank you Shannon for the proofs and Ivy for your explaination. I look forward to seeing what the HuckleBerry actually hides or if the parents manage to produce a Bali Seal Smile

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
01-26-2019, 12:03 AM
Tiger! - Huckleberry is recessive to American Shorthair - Brown & White Patch.

[Image: a6878b3f11d698cdabb8aab284948ac9.png]

JV 5 B made a Tiger! - Huckleberry when bred with a Burmilla - Lilac mate.

When bred with a Brown & White Patch mate the kitten shows the Brown & White Patch fur - so Tiger! - Huckleberry must be recessive to it.

[Image: 82038cdee4cc05c4a71a2c52d9bebe38.png]

Heart Eleanor
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Arwen Swordthain , Songdog Woolley , Kat2075 Resident
01-26-2019, 01:23 AM
Test cat number 2 that I'd set up to help place the fur also delivered tonight.

This one made a Tiger! - Huckleberry, so will need to breed the kitten to see what fur is hidden underneath it.

Nathan 15 B made a Tiger! - Huckleberry when bred with a Burmilla - Lilac

[Image: 7510c5d1b211cb91429b8bdee1b50721.png]

He also made a Tiger! - Huckleberry when bred with a Australian Mist - Light Chocolate Marble, however we don't know as yet what fur the Aussie - LCM passed - and there is Toyger-Caramel lurking in the background.

The kitten has been unpacked and I will test her to check the hidden fur.

[Image: 3b58903d1f20d784bb5fc212155986fe.png]

[Image: 0b6a256ace8aa6479d042f87e7ae31b2.png]

Heart Eleanor
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain , Songdog Woolley , Kat2075 Resident
01-26-2019, 08:26 AM
Thanks Eleanor, if the Light Chocolate Marble hides thats certainly going to narrow the range considerably Smile

Forum Based Charts

01-29-2019, 10:05 PM
I think this is proof Huckleberry Tiger is Recessive to Chateau Cat - Cocoa & White No.2
[Image: 7e6137e48892ca4ef5e10677e839343a.png]
[Image: b144f00b1625aaa73c0b20a2804ba188.png]

https://tinyurl.com/Shop-Quality-KittyCats
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain , Eleanor8 Resident , Songdog Woolley , Kat2075 Resident
01-30-2019, 03:03 AM
It certainly is. Congrats on the proof Smile

Forum Based Charts

02-15-2019, 11:30 AM
Tiger! - Huckleberry is recessive to Abyssinian - Lilac.

[Image: a943c83f8bf9091a95229f113375ba79.png]

[Image: a0d00858613d0cc30f3e4f3ddf6622ee.png]

Heart Eleanor
 Thanks given by: Kat2075 Resident , Ivy Norsk , ShannonSpoonhunter Resident , Arwen Swordthain , Evolving Yin

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)