Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

RE: New fur Tiger Purple Kiwi
08-08-2019, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2019 08:21 AM by Ares6609 Titian.)
RE: RE: New fur Tiger Purple Kiwi
I want to keep you all updated on the progress of my testing. I never thought one round would draw a definitive conclusion, I had always intended to continue testing until the results were repeatable and indisputable. I did repeat the test however I did drop the Pandie Fawn from the second round. I will re add it for the third. I also only opened the 3 I will open the round one Pandie fawn today and get that one started. Round #2 results are as Follows:

As Always I would love any advice or direction I could get. I think for round 3 I will go back to the same pairings as round 1 and see if the results differ.

Follow up, This is the current pairings for the round offspring. I have paired them each with a Bengal Black to pull their hidden.

I will open the pandie fawn and any others that are recommended today and get them paired with a Bengal Black to maintain constancy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Arwen Swordthain
08-08-2019, 12:03 PM
With these types of tests repeatable results are only ever indicative, because purity of parents is either in doubt or clearly not pure then hids will always need to be pulled to obtain the indisputable evidence. My Dusty Slate v Golden Ticket test produced 2 of each over the test run plus some Toyger Caramels when both threw their hids, I tested the first Dusty Slate and got Toyger Caramel as hid, other tests I had running meant I never bothered with opening anymore because the test fell outside the test range.
As you can see from your second round of testing the cats have thrown out differing furs meaning any of them could be the right ones its hard to tell. Unless you have unlimited space to open cats I'd suggest concentraing on pulling hids from the first round babies before opening any of the second round ones.
Unfortunately theres no way to short cut this process, if you are lucky you can get a test result in 1 month from opening parents if and only if the first box provides the answer on its first breed, often it can take 2 or 3 months and more than one test box popped to get a result. Just ask Ivy about that last remaining Genesis fur and how long and how many cats she has tested trying to place it.
Good Luck, I hope you get some definitive results from the first round babies that help to narrow the range for you.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Ares6609 Titian
08-08-2019, 12:14 PM
I have to admit I've taken breaks on testing the Coco 2 placement. Smile
Like right now after the last round of failures, I took the remaining cat with the wrong hidden and have been putting ody magic eyes on Coco 2s.
So it's not like it's been unremitting failure for, what 2 years? It's been months of failure, take a break, make more test boxes, and have those fail, and you know play with gen cats for awhile.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Ares6609 Titian , Arwen Swordthain
08-08-2019, 01:58 PM
Then that is what I will do, Open the Pandie Fawn and breed it to pull the hidden. And thank you both, I feel better. I looked at round 2 and wondered what I was doing wrong. Smile
08-09-2019, 01:55 AM
(08-08-2019 01:58 PM)Ares6609 Titian Wrote:  Then that is what I will do, Open the Pandie Fawn and breed it to pull the hidden. And thank you both, I feel better. I looked at round 2 and wondered what I was doing wrong. Smile

You aren't doing anything wrong, quite the opposite, repeated breeding of the test couples and getting differing results each time is perfectly normal and down to the fact that just like RL the cats are quite contrary Big Grin
It doesn't take long to get out of hand if you open too many though so slow and methodical ensures results eventually.
Incidentally, reuse of cats once you have discovered their hids can be useful in speeding things along.

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: Ellen Ireland , Ares6609 Titian
08-15-2019, 11:19 PM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2019 11:39 PM by Ares6609 Titian.)
Hello everyone. Sorry this is a day later, but I was not feeling well last night and the results showed nothing new. Round 3 was just as odd as the first 2. But here is what I got.

So like I said No help LOL But thankfully Ivy had me open the kittens from round 1, which I did and so far have 1 kitten, the others are a few days behind.

So if I understand this correctly, this kinda the fact that the American Short hair was hiding behind the Purple Kiwi proves that the purple Kiwi is Dominant to the American SH Tawny & White. The others a few days behind and I will update you when that is done.

and in case anyone wanted to double check, because I know I did.

I wish I could go back further. But I did have this Bengal's parents and the only thing I ever pulled from them was a few Siamese - Chocolate Tortie

Mom - https://gyazo.com/bfcb52db4d64c53edd81b39ffc93718e
Dad - https://gyazo.com/be5e5299a02e1eec16db0ff6255cce77
08-16-2019, 01:02 AM
(08-15-2019 11:19 PM)Ares6609 Titian Wrote:  So if I understand this correctly, this kinda the fact that the American Short hair was hiding behind the Purple Kiwi proves that the purple Kiwi is Dominant to the American SH Tawny & White. The others a few days behind and I will update you when that is done.

and in case anyone wanted to double check, because I know I did.

I wish I could go back further. But I did have this Bengal's parents and the only thing I ever pulled from them was a few Siamese - Chocolate Tortie

Mom - https://gyazo.com/bfcb52db4d64c53edd81b39ffc93718e
Dad - https://gyazo.com/be5e5299a02e1eec16db0ff6255cce77

Ok so the Bengal Blacks pedigree is completely irrelevant since its recessive to everything in the Test range. Its purity doesn't make any difference since anything it hides will also be recessive.
The only chart that matters is the one that shows a Bengal Black pulling American Shorthair Tawny & White. Since Bengal Black is already known to be recessive to both furs the Tawny & White was hidden under the Purple Kiwi so you have proved that Tiger! - Purple Kiwi is indeed dominant to American Shorthair - Tawny & White.
Because of this the only furs you need to test against now are the Pandie - Fawn and the Balinese - Seal Lynx. Heres hoping your Bali Seal from round 1 passes Purple Kiwi when it breeds and you place the fur Smile

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: Ares6609 Titian , ShannonSpoonhunter Resident
08-16-2019, 01:36 AM
Awesome and thank you, I will keep that in mind next time.

The Balinese Seal Lynx is at 11 days and 65% and the Pandie Fawn is 7 days, so I will post the results as soon as I get them. Thank you again this is a great learning experience.
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain
08-16-2019, 05:38 AM
(08-16-2019 01:36 AM)Ares6609 Titian Wrote:  Awesome and thank you, I will keep that in mind next time.

The Balinese Seal Lynx is at 11 days and 65% and the Pandie Fawn is 7 days, so I will post the results as soon as I get them. Thank you again this is a great learning experience.

Keeping my fingers crossed that Bali Seal passes the Purple Kiwi.
Awesome work Ares Smile

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: Ares6609 Titian
09-08-2019, 01:45 PM
OK I know it has been a while but these cats are so stubborn. I currently have something to post at least. It wont be big news I am sure we have all guessed it but I pulled a Purple Kiwi kitten from under a Pandie Fawn.

So That confirms that Purple Kiwi is recessive to Pandie Fawn.

The Bali Seal Lynx are a tough bunch, I have yet to pull or get a purple kiwi from them. I have gotten some hidden furs but none are the purple kiwi. I even pulled the hider from the bengal black. I have aadded a few Burmilla Lilac shaded to pull the hiders from some of the offspring. I will keep you posted.
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain , Songdog Woolley , ShannonSpoonhunter Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)