Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Anyone Else Having HUD Issues (Since about 8/21)?
08-25-2018, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2018 10:54 AM by MsMagick Resident.)
Anyone Else Having HUD Issues (Since about 8/21)?
NOTE:
This is NOT "I don't know how to submit a ticket".
This IS "I think there is something going on at a Linden Labs level that is sometimes affecting HUDs, especially breedable HUDs and/or when using them on SIMs with breedables."

I noticed issues with my KC HUD not displaying properly right after last Tuesday's restart. Then at a Papillon auction that night, all of us were having issues with our HUDs having HUGE delays or just not working - both Papillon HUDS and Auctioneer HUDs - to the point that the auction had to be canceled. Other KittyCat breeders who were at the Papillon auction said they were having issues too, and had thought it was just them, so I'm wondering who is being affected and under what circumstances.

I'm using the legacy "KittyCatS Control HUD 1.49 - colorful large dark". It's taking a long time to find all my cats, counting them up one by one, and is not sorting properly for Energy, etc. I tried to show my pairs and it wasn't showing any of the pairs together. I don't think it's just the KC HUD, but something with SL because the {Papillon} HUDs are also having long delays (taking a minute or more to show something that is usually instantaneous, etc.) and auctioneer friends are also having issues with their auction HUDs. As far as I can tell, it all started after the restarts on Tuesday.

A bunch of us are having issues, but I don't what to report exactly. It seems like it might be a scripts issue - maybe?

It's definitely happening on multiple SIMs. It does seem that reducing scripts, might help, especially, taking off other HUDs.
But my KC HUD that's doing it was actually rezing cats (going in & out of low prim mode) too fast only a couple weeks ago, on the same SIM with more cats.

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2018, 02:35 PM
RE: Anyone Else Having HUD Issues (Since about 8/21)?
Updating to the 1.50 version might help.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Emilia Darkwatch
08-25-2018, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2018 10:25 AM by MsMagick Resident.)
Thanks. I just updated, but Nope - same issues with the KittyCatS Control HUD 1.50 - colorful large dark

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
08-26-2018, 04:44 AM
I would suggest filing a support ticket about the issues you are experiencing. I think that would be noticed faster than here

Angel "I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through" - Jules Verne Angel
08-26-2018, 07:17 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2018 07:19 AM by Tad Carlucci.)
When you have problems like you've described, above:

First, if you're running Windows, log out and re-boot your computer.

If that did not solve your problem, open your web browser and check your Cattery and a few Pedigree pages. If, as you said, others are also exhibiting issues, I think you'll have problems, in general, getting web sites to load as quickly as they should.

You see, much of what you see when looking at many modern HUDs is nothing more than a (usually secret) web page which your Second Life viewer is displaying As-If it were on the surface of the in-world item. So issues with them are usually on your end or with your connection to the Internet. So filing a ticket with the SL vendor or Linden labs is unlikely to have an effect, but checking your systems and contacting your service provider might.
08-26-2018, 09:46 AM
Ms uses the legacy HUD though, not the web driven one.

Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident
08-27-2018, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2018 11:00 AM by MsMagick Resident.)
Tad - I restarted, looked at my Cattery without any issues, etc. multiple times before posting this. And I use the old-style KC HUD that does NOT use a webpage to display the info, partly because of the potential security issues with the web page style HUD. Also, some of the HUDs being affected are auctioneer HUDs , which don't have any reason to access the web, even for data purposes, AND they weren't being worn by me. Please see the NOTE I added to my original post above.

UPDATE: My geek-girl, & the owner of my home SIM, says that we are going back and forth between everything being slowed down by scripts and everything being slowed by physics (which KittyCats use - it's why they go downhill - if they can - when they move), and the everything has been seriously screwed up since the last restart. She submitted a ticket this weekend and has asked for a restart of the SIM, but this is happening on multiple SIMs and with multiple HUDs... and not just mine. I'm wondering if LL has changed something with the handling of scripts so that areas with a lot of them running - like breedables - are getting hit.

(08-26-2018 07:17 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  When you have problems like you've described, above:

First, if you're running Windows, log out and re-boot your computer.

If that did not solve your problem, open your web browser and check your Cattery and a few Pedigree pages. If, as you said, others are also exhibiting issues, I think you'll have problems, in general, getting web sites to load as quickly as they should.

You see, much of what you see when looking at many modern HUDs is nothing more than a (usually secret) web page which your Second Life viewer is displaying As-If it were on the surface of the in-world item. So issues with them are usually on your end or with your connection to the Internet. So filing a ticket with the SL vendor or Linden labs is unlikely to have an effect, but checking your systems and contacting your service provider might.

The Magick Cattery

08-31-2018, 10:45 PM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2018 10:51 PM by MsMagick Resident.)
Just to follow up:

They actually skipped the normal Tuesday SIM restart on our home SIM to investigate the issues, and didn't do the restart until Thursday. The Lindens also gave my geek-girl a list of items that were causing physics issues on the SIM. I've had movement off on my cats, and they weren't on the list, but another resident's Firestorm kitty was, along with where she lives, as well as other items with physics and the items they were interacting with, and some of those have been picked up. Since the reset, my KCs HUD is behaving again and my cats aren't walking through molasses anymore, and life is SOOO much better now!
Did I mention the KCs HUD rocks!!!

My Papillon HUDs are also doing better since the SIM resets... not sure yet regarding of the current status for the previously impacted auctioneers and auctions.

The Magick Cattery

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)