Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Mistake On Current Spreadsheet for Furs
08-09-2018, 06:11 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2018 06:13 PM by Marishka Moody.)
Mistake On Current Spreadsheet for Furs
Hi Arwen,

I was looking on your Furs spreadsheets just doing a check on dominancy/recessiveness of two furs I am working on.

One of the furs I was checking on is Australian Mist - Lilac Marble, I found it's entry in column A line 28.

Then I found an entry for Australian Mist - Lilac, in Column B line 69.

So now I am confused as to which entry is the true entry, I am thinking the one in column A would be the true entry but I could be wrong.

Please can you fix the mistake to stop any confusion.

MarishaTussaud
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2018, 06:43 PM
RE: Mistake On Current Spreadsheet for Furs
the mention of Austrailian Mist Lilac in column B is noting that Tiger Turquoise is recessive to it. Column A is for furs that are placed, Columns B-E are working columns to narrow down placement of new furs as people find clues. I hope that helps Smile
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain
08-09-2018, 07:29 PM
(08-09-2018 06:43 PM)Peaches Latrell Wrote:  the mention of Austrailian Mist Lilac in column B is noting that Tiger Turquoise is recessive to it. Column A is for furs that are placed, Columns B-E are working columns to narrow down placement of new furs as people find clues. I hope that helps Smile
Hi Peaches,

Thank you Peaches for the reply, wouldn't it be just as easy to place the Turquoise in Column B but say under the AM Lilac to denote that its recessive to the AM Lilac Marble. Showing it in two different areas could make people think that the AM Lilac Marble is still unplaced.

If it could be confusing to a breeder of my age, dont you think it could be very confusing to a new breeder?

Rheaven Tussaud Smile
08-09-2018, 07:50 PM
The Turquoise IS placed under the Aussie lilac line to denote that it is recessive to the Aussie Lilac. The extra information is listed in the working column I'm sure because we are juggling multiple pieces of information about the Turquoise fur and its relative position to different furs.

Listing extra information in the working column was a practice also used at Saga, and was used extensively during the push to place the Genesis furs, as we had lots of relative pieces of information on those furs, and simply listing the info underneath the charts often caused it to be missed. The specific thing that was often missed was once we had a new piece of information it would often affect the placement of not only one but several other traits. Somebody would have to come along and point out that, since we'd proved thus-and-such, that Also proved that-other-thing, before the charts would become coherent.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain
08-09-2018, 08:05 PM
Hey There Ivy,

I do understand what you are saying Ivy, I dont think I ever saw two listings for one trait in the columns in Saga, of course I could be wrong, as far as I can remember Saga would write a little about a trait to be placed, at the bottom of the ladder info.

It was only a suggestion, but one thing to remember, not everyone who reads the spreadsheets have the same amount of knowledge as those of veteran breeders and what's very easy for us to understand may not make sense to them.

I am glad that you, Arwen and Peaches are keeping the traits in order, and it is very much appreciated.

Rheaven Tussaud
08-09-2018, 08:35 PM
hey Rheaven Smile I don't do any work on the charts other than posting my pedigrees in the forums. I was just over here looking at the new ears and saw Marishka's question and tried to help explain. Apologies if I did so in a way that made me sound as if I have any authority in the matter, I absolutely do not Smile

You guys are very experienced breeders so I agree that if you found it confusing then that warrants a discussion. Personally, I do find the way they are listed helpful and don't have any suggestions to make them better.

Peaches
08-10-2018, 06:13 AM
Hey Peaches,

I generally find that the less complicated things are the easier they are to understand, that's what I liked about the format of the Saga charts.

The new dominant/recessive spreadsheets are very good, though as with everything else that is good, they can always be improved upon and I know in time they will be.

I appreciate all the staff who do maintain them, they are doing an awesome job, and it's a job I know I wouldn't like to take on. The staff work long hours to perfect it and dont get many thanks for maintaining them.

Rheaven Tussaud.

Thanks given by: Peaches Latrell
08-10-2018, 06:43 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2018 06:45 AM by Reven Rosca.)
There is no mistake regarding Australian Mist Lilac Marble in the sheet.
Australian Mist Lilac Marble is correctly listing as the 28th most dominant non Genesis fur in coloumn A.

Coloumn B is the working coloumn for Tiger! - Turquoise (rec Australian Mist - Lilac Marble & Tiger! BubbleGum dom Tonkinese - Blue Mink)

The testing range for Tiger Turquoise is wide, and the text in this box includes the proves in both ends to make it easier to read. Here you can see the proven range with one glimpse, whereas you would have to scroll both up and down to see this properly.

When the range narrows and is easily seen, the extra text is dropped, as is the case for Tiger Chartreuse, Tiger Lavender and Aby S&P.
Once two traits' ranges no longer overlap, they will be placed in the same coloumn, as is the case with Tiger Chartreuse and Tiger Lavender.

This format has been used consistently since the forum charts went public the 14th November 2016, and has been well received since then. This format was since adopted by the now defunct Saga Charts.

Please edit the title of this thread to something that isn't misleading. It will be much appreciated.

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: Peaches Latrell , Arwen Swordthain
08-19-2018, 11:49 AM
To ease confusion I have now frozen the top line of each page that states which are placed and which are working columns. All notes on furs and eyes will continue to be in the shaded working box as they have been since the charts went live. All other issues have been addressed by others so I feel no need to comment further.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)