Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Collectables - Permapet or Managerie????
10-02-2018, 11:54 PM
Collectables - Permapet or Managerie????
Hello All,

I'm just wondering what people do with their collectable cats. Do you make them into permapets and keep them in your cattery or do you place them in the managerie? After 7 days do the Managerie cats disappear from your screen so you cant see what you have anymore or can you still view them after 7 days?

I have the KittyCats 7th Birthday cats and the SL15B cat and would like to collect more cats in the furture but not sure how to store them.

Thank you in advance xxx

Tudor Rose Kittys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2018, 01:37 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2018 01:38 AM by Tad Carlucci.)
RE: Collectables - Permapet or Managerie????
After the 7 days in the Menagerie, the cats are gone forever.

The best place to store cats is in the Cattery. This is another way of saying, store them in the master database where they can never get lost.

Unfortunately, mixing your current stock with archived stock is not possible.

So, the best recommendation is to pass your archive stock to an Alt, and use the Cattery. That way you can feed your current stock without having to also feed your archived stock. And your Alt can discard the annoying "You're out of food" reminder. The only problem is the hassle of working around the Cattery's flaws by passing cats back and forth can be difficult if you can't have both avatars logged into Second Life at the same time.

Some people simply store the cats in inventory. This works fine, but means they can get lost or accidentally deleted. Luckily KittyCatS is quite good about replacing misplaced cats. If you're going to do this, you'll want to become proficient at finding the UUID for lost cats.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: BessTudor Resident
10-03-2018, 01:39 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2018 01:43 AM by Arwen Swordthain.)
Once you send a cat to the menagerie you have 7 days to retrieve it or it is gone forever. Its not a storage place thats why you get K$ for sending a cat.
A lot of people permapet collectible cats or keep in the online cattery. Personally I pop mine into inventory until I can permapet them, because I keep live cats in my online cattery and don't want to feed the collection cats once I'm done testing them, but also don't want to menagerie them. They come out everytime theres an update to keep them updated and back they go again.
Its a matter of personal choice but if you want to keep them absolutely do not menagerie them. If you aren't using the online cattery for live cats that require feeding thats as good a place as any, you can choose whether or not to keep feeding them in there, they will of course get sick after 3 days but if you intend to permapet at a later date that doesn't really matter too much.
I see Tad replied same time as I did and would just say an alt is a good place for purchased Collectibles if you have one, however free ones like the SL15B and 7th Birthday ones are No Transfer until they are permapetted.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: BessTudor Resident , Ellen Ireland
10-03-2018, 06:30 AM
Thank you so much Tad & Arwen xxxx

Tudor Rose Kittys
10-10-2018, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2018 02:50 PM by MsMagick Resident.)
NOTE: Re: What Tad said, you can't pass the cats that you got free from KittyCats to anyone else unless you PermaPet them first, so that defeats the purpose of what you're asking for those cats.

I do have food in my Cattery, and I tried the passing the Collectibles that I had bought or bred to an alt, but it just got confusing. "Where DID I put that 2016 Halloween cat?" I finally started just naming them what they are (unless I KNEW I'd remember the what I named them) and keeping them in inventory. If you have the ID #, KittyCats will replace any lost or damaged cats, although I've never lost one from my inventory. *knock on cyber wood*

I have bought sick collectibles from others uber cheap and then PermaPetted them myself - either to keep or to resell. So I keep mine until I PermaPet them and/or resell them. I also sometimes sell the passable ones while they are still breedable.

Except for the free Winter Holidays cats, there isn't the market for most of the free cats to resell them, but I do occasionally see people asking for them, and I've also used one of mine on a display. I just gave that one a Get Well vitamin since I wanted it right away, but only needed it for a few weeks and didn't need to PermaPet it.

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: BessTudor Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)