Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

New fur! Tiger Lavender
09-05-2018, 09:42 PM
RE: New fur! Tiger Lavender
(09-05-2018 08:07 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  Angharad has a lavender tiger which is almost certainly hiding tonkinese blue mink - which almost certainly places lavender above tonk blue mink.

Reposting the pedigree:
[Image: e9c5a04ba1392369677abb43a1040b34.png]

She just has to pull the hidden on that cat, and the discussion in the case of that pedigree was whether it was tonk blue mink pure or could there be any burmilla CSS in the line. Any fur recessive to burmilla CSS should work to show which fur is hiding. With the new proof that lavender is dominant to Burmilla CSS (which we expected if we really think it's dominant to Tonk Blue Mink), it means that Angharad could use a Burmilla CSS to pull and not have the waters be muddied on the pedigree. And yet, because there's a chance that her lavender hides Burm CSS (though that chance seems very small) I think it's still best if Angharad pulls with a fur recessive to Burmilla CSS, like Toyger Tawny or below.

Will do.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2018, 04:09 PM
(09-05-2018 06:22 PM)ShannonSpoonhunter Resident Wrote:  Arwen, I may be misunderstanding your answer, but I don't think that's what she's asking? I think her question was, now that this particular proof was completed by someone else, what fur should she try next in order to be the most helpful to the placement effort. (Did I read that right, Angharad?)

Sorry. I thought she was asking what to pair to the Lavender hiding Blue Mink. At this point any other tests are pretty pointless since the Blue Mink is most likely pure based on timelines. Until she gets a result on that I have ceased all my Lavender tests.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
09-06-2018, 05:02 PM
(09-06-2018 04:09 PM)Arwen Swordthain Wrote:  
(09-05-2018 06:22 PM)ShannonSpoonhunter Resident Wrote:  Arwen, I may be misunderstanding your answer, but I don't think that's what she's asking? I think her question was, now that this particular proof was completed by someone else, what fur should she try next in order to be the most helpful to the placement effort. (Did I read that right, Angharad?)

Sorry. I thought she was asking what to pair to the Lavender hiding Blue Mink. At this point any other tests are pretty pointless since the Blue Mink is most likely pure based on timelines. Until she gets a result on that I have ceased all my Lavender tests.

That little girl is at 33% love and will be bred to a Toyger Tawny to fix this definitively as soon as she reaches 100% love. Using it throw some Soul Whisper eyes into the mix.
 Thanks given by: ShannonSpoonhunter Resident , Arwen Swordthain
09-10-2018, 02:45 PM
Here is the pedigree on the offspring of the Lavender Tiger to Tonkinese Blue Mink that we have been waiting for.

[Image: 6a41540c134af60fde8e9a01a19f8db9.png]
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain , Songdog Woolley , Eleanor8 Resident
09-10-2018, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2018 03:06 PM by Arwen Swordthain.)
This proof places Tiger! - Lavender between Toyger - Silver and Tonkinese - Blue Mink
Congrats Angharad Smile

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)