Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Good grief! I now have 100 breeding pairs!
05-30-2018, 05:36 AM
Shocked Good grief! I now have 100 breeding pairs!
How did this happen? I could swear I only had something like 25 breeding pairs in February! How did I become this addicted? These KittyCats are just too irresistible!
Huh

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Mirsoul Resident , Songdog Woolley , deadlycreature1 Resident , Arwen Swordthain , New2017 Resident , Jelly Supply , Evolving Yin , Eleanor8 Resident , kathy0831 Resident , Fennet Resident , Olgita Ruby
05-30-2018, 06:08 AM
RE: Good grief! I now have 100 breeding pairs!
(05-30-2018 05:36 AM)Ellen Ireland Wrote:  How did this happen? I could swear I only had something like 25 breeding pairs in February! How did I become this addicted? These KittyCats are just too irresistible!
Huh

LOL Ellen...I was in that same boat a few years ago. It is a struggle to keep mine under 30 pair (I started with 20 LOL So I am creeping up).

Owner CatTales KittyCats Market
KittyCats Breeder and Auctioneer
Breed what you love and sell what you can bear to part with
 Thanks given by: Ellen Ireland , Evolving Yin
05-30-2018, 07:24 AM
You obviously need to learn what I call "creative counting".

"How many 20-packs should I get?"

"How many did you use last month?"

"5"

"5! That's, like, 100 cats! You said you were doing better."

"I am!"

"How many cats do you have?"

"I only have 21 females and 23 males in the cattery!"

"So, 44? What about in-world?"

"I don't have any at my shop and only three or four at the cart."

"So 48? Is that all your live cats?"

"Well, there's the ones out for sale."

"How many is that? And where? You said you only have three or four at the shop."

"Those are the ones out for display. I don't count the others because they're out for sale."

"You're at your shop? Can you count, please?"

"14"

"Does that include the ones out for display?"

"No."

"18. So 66, total. But you said you're using 5 20-packs a month? Where's rest of the food going?"

"Well, I might have one or two in inventory. Let me check. ... Oh, no, what's that doing there? I must have forgotten to put it back out when I was redecorating."

"OK. How many?"

"Hang on, I need some vitamins to fix things ..."

Well, maybe she'll do better next month.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Mirsoul Resident , Ellen Ireland , Arwen Swordthain , Jelly Supply
05-30-2018, 07:52 AM
(05-30-2018 07:24 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  You obviously need to learn what I call "creative counting".

"How many 20-packs should I get?"

"How many did you use last month?"

"5"

"5! That's, like, 100 cats! You said you were doing better."

"I am!"

"How many cats do you have?"

"I only have 21 females and 23 males in the cattery!"

"So, 44? What about in-world?"

"I don't have any at my shop and only three or four at the cart."

"So 48? Is that all your live cats?"

"Well, there's the ones out for sale."

"How many is that? And where? You said you only have three or four at the shop."

"Those are the ones out for display. I don't count the others because they're out for sale."

"You're at your shop? Can you count, please?"

"14"

"Does that include the ones out for display?"

"No."

"18. So 66, total. But you said you're using 5 20-packs a month? Where's rest of the food going?"

"Well, I might have one or two in inventory. Let me check. ... Oh, no, what's that doing there? I must have forgotten to put it back out when I was redecorating."

"OK. How many?"

"Hang on, I need some vitamins to fix things ..."

Well, maybe she'll do better next month.

Big Grin
05-30-2018, 05:49 PM
(05-30-2018 07:24 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  you're using 5 20-packs a month?

I just did the math on how much that costs. How much of that can a breeder expect to make back through sales? I suppose it depends on the market trends and the cat traits but what's the reasonable expectation?
05-30-2018, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2018 10:30 PM by LibGwen Resident.)
Hard to say. Sales come in runs. There's a dry spell in which *maybe* you sell a few. Then a period during which a whole bunch sell. Then another dry spell. And so on.
 Thanks given by: Tad Carlucci , Arwen Swordthain , Eleanor8 Resident , Songdog Woolley
05-30-2018, 11:42 PM
My rule-of-thumb?

Count your expenses. Ignore any sales. If you can't afford the result from your entertainment budget, either raise the budget or lower the expenses. If you're depending upon income from sales, you're going to be disappointed. It's better to expect none and be pleasantly surprised should some occur.

While Charm does sometimes use the proceeds to purchase food and can have a month where it costs nothing for KittyCatS, it's better to budget it as all expense and she can use the unexpected money for additional hair, skins, bodies and clothing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain , Morgan Trevellion , Jelly Supply , AstridSolace Resident , Evolving Yin , Eleanor8 Resident , Saxoni Fenstalker , Fennet Resident , BessTudor Resident
05-31-2018, 02:08 PM
Pfft who needs needs too look good when you have a 100 kitties to cuddle ? hehe
One day I will only have a reasonable amount of cats , for now ...well I just also need
to see what this pair will do ..opens another box or so Smile
 Thanks given by: Ellen Ireland , kathy0831 Resident , Evolving Yin , Fennet Resident
05-31-2018, 10:38 PM
(05-30-2018 05:36 AM)Ellen Ireland Wrote:  How did this happen? I could swear I only had something like 25 breeding pairs in February! How did I become this addicted? These KittyCats are just too irresistible!
Huh

Sorry but I had a bit of a chuckle! Oh my gosh I did the same thing a few years ago. You just kinda "slip" into it. I am pretty sure those cats can Hypnotize us!! Tongue
 Thanks given by: Mirsoul Resident , Ellen Ireland , Evolving Yin , kathy0831 Resident
06-01-2018, 07:05 AM
(05-31-2018 02:08 PM)New2017 Resident Wrote:  Pfft who needs needs too look good when you have a 100 kitties to cuddle ? hehe
One day I will only have a reasonable amount of cats , for now ...well I just also need
to see what this pair will do ..opens another box or so Smile

LOL good point New! (peeks into cattery at all the boxes...sighs)

Owner CatTales KittyCats Market
KittyCats Breeder and Auctioneer
Breed what you love and sell what you can bear to part with
 Thanks given by: New2017 Resident , kathy0831 Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)