Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

SUGGESTION: Pacific Tsunami Fundraising Cat?
03-13-2011, 05:25 PM
SUGGESTION: Pacific Tsunami Fundraising Cat?
OK, I'd like to make a suggestion to the Kittycats team.

I'm sure, like myself, you've all been horrified and awestruck by the scenes of total destruction impacting Japan at the moment. Words fail when you are confronted by such scenes of devastation.

Living in the UK I'm too far away to feel that I can make a real difference, but making a donation in someway would surely help. I am fully aware that Japan is not an impoverished community, BUT the damage that has been done will go above and beyond what they can repair financially. The people will carry thses scars for a long time, just like the generation of survivors of the atomic bomb blasts. For Japanese citizens, it must feel like another WW2 scenario.

With that in mind, and knowing how wonderful the Kittycats team are, I wanted to make a suggestion. Cats are an intrinsic part of Japanese culture, so why not release a special edition Pacific Tsunami Fundraising Cat? You only have to look on the internet to see the popularity of Maru-Chan to know that the Japanese are a nation of cat lovers, and seeing as we all are too I'm sure we'd all rush out and buy one, or two..or three!

I had two ideas: a white oriental style cat with a red circle on it's body somewhere, and a 'Maneki-Neko' style cat.

I know this is completely out of the blue, but wondered if this idea was feasible because I am sure we'd all buy these limited edition cats in droves knowing that the proceeds would be going somewhere that so desperately needs help. We know that such schemes work; look at all the money raised by Amaretto with the Breast Cancer Horses.

What do you think?

Here are some ideas: http://www.flickr.com/photos/onnoknuvers/430925483/
But of course you can just google search for images...

Crazy cat woman in RL & SL!
Kittycattin'
Kittycats Arcade
The Kitty Witchery
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Madison Morlim , Surprise Serendipity
03-13-2011, 07:29 PM
RE: SUGGESTION: Pacific Tsunami Fundraising Cat?
I think that is a fabulous idea!
03-13-2011, 09:43 PM
Oh! I'd buy one in an instant! I always loved the Japanese cats and would be more than happy to donate to the cause. Smile

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-18-2011, 09:12 AM
i think its a good idea hon
03-18-2011, 02:29 PM
I think its an awesome idea! Id buy bunches and i know im not the only one. Japan needs every little bit of help atm.
03-18-2011, 03:44 PM
GREAT, GREAT idea! I would buy one....or more Big Grin

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
03-20-2011, 07:43 PM
That sounds like a wonderful idea! You never know what the KittyCats team will come up with next.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)