Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Suggestion to have a limited release of old collector cats
03-22-2018, 07:32 AM
RE: Suggestion to have a limited release of old collector cats
Older and/or rarer items are usually more expensive and I must be honest and say I do not want my older cats to be devalued by this kind of idea. There are lots of things in life (and second life too!) I cannot afford or would not pay thousands of Lindens for so instead I just find something else I am happy with and is affordable to me =) The collector cats I bought long ago when the original collections, I had no idea could be worth quite a lot now and it was not my reason for buying them, I just bought them because I thought they were cute or could maybe pass a new trait if I bred them. So how I see it is it's a bit of a bonus for me being with KittyCatS from close to the start of their business when it was relatively small, kinda like somekind of loyalty bonus LOL. But yeah, I am sorry, I don't want my cats and those of others to get devalued to next to nothing by this kind of idea ^.^
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: TerrorMisu Resident
03-22-2018, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2018 04:28 PM by Illuminatra Resident.)
Hi Song!

I know this isn't the response you probably want to hear, but there's a few collectors that have museums filled with collector's cats. I like to visit them to have a look at the older kitties - because like you, I don't have a lot of the older collectibles & I never will.

I know there's a big collector building a museum as we speak & it's going to be fantastic when it is finished. Maybe when it's finished you can go and visit. It's not the same as owning the cats, but seeing them in their full glory is fabulous as well!

In the meantime, I hope you're able to find some nice older collector cats.

Aᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴇʀ @ Cʜᴀᴛᴇᴀᴜ Iʟʟᴜᴍɪɴᴀᴛʀᴀ - KɪᴛᴛʏCᴀᴛS! Aᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴs
 Thanks given by: Minx Diabolito , Priestess Firanelli
03-23-2018, 06:01 PM
Hi everyone,

We would never re-release the collection cats. Want to reassure everyone on that. Smile They were sold for a limited time as collections and we understand people buy them to save and "collect" just like any other collectible items.

We understand those who find out about KittyCatS later would not be able to get them, and yet that is the same with any limited edition collectible.

2.0 with different designs is a possibility where/when inspiration strikes.

So no worries ok? Smile

hope that helps!
callie
 Thanks given by: Nenya Eun , HikariItsumo Resident , 999ShadowCat999 Resident , TerrorMisu Resident , Songdog Woolley , katsiaryne Resident , DasEbilOne Resident , FancyCatspaw Resident , AstridSolace Resident , Saxoni Fenstalker
03-23-2018, 11:47 PM
(03-19-2018 02:24 AM)Song Indigo Wrote:  Just a suggestion:

I'd love to see a limited release of old collector cats, maybe once a year because I can't afford many of these older kitties from the first years of Kittycats which private breeders put up for sale. I'd LOVE the Devil and Vampire kitties, the snow royals, frankenkitties, etc to keep forever - but I can never afford them at current prices. I understand their rarity now is why they're so expensive, but for us newer kitty owners who are on a budget and weren't around when these kitties were released, owning one is a distant dream. *Kitty envy*.

I would especially like the idea that we could get special sizes on the older cats from before there were sizes!
 Thanks given by: katsiaryne Resident
05-11-2018, 08:34 PM
As someone who spends a lot of time and linden on searching out old collectible kitties, let me just say that you *can* occasionally find those very cats listed, vampire, franken kitties, devil dolls for somewhat reasonable prices. I have seen all of the above at auctions for semi-affordable prices, I have bought old, sick live ones for decent-ish prices and sometimes, I have gotten outright STEALS by being in the right time at the right place, talking to an owner and barganing.

I would never want to see them re-released as they were. Part of what makes each of my older kitties special is the hunt, the find and the story that goes with them. Some of them even get named for the person who sold them to me because of circumstances. Don't lose heart thinking you will never get one. I just picked up a cat I never thought I would be able to afford this week!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)