Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Suggestion to have a limited release of old collector cats
03-19-2018, 02:24 AM
Suggestion to have a limited release of old collector cats
Just a suggestion:

I'd love to see a limited release of old collector cats, maybe once a year because I can't afford many of these older kitties from the first years of Kittycats which private breeders put up for sale. I'd LOVE the Devil and Vampire kitties, the snow royals, frankenkitties, etc to keep forever - but I can never afford them at current prices. I understand their rarity now is why they're so expensive, but for us newer kitty owners who are on a budget and weren't around when these kitties were released, owning one is a distant dream. *Kitty envy*.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Minx Diabolito , aidenvaIeska Resident
03-19-2018, 07:06 AM
RE: Suggestion to have a limited release of old collector cats
There's no "No Thanks" button .. *sigh*
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: MitsuruKirijo06 Resident , Minx Diabolito , princesspoison100 Resident , Arella Ohmai , KashKave Resident
03-20-2018, 03:59 AM
(03-19-2018 07:06 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  There's no "No Thanks" button .. *sigh*

No but I can give Tad Thanks... There are not enough words to describe how bad of a suggestion that is.
 Thanks given by: Minx Diabolito , KashKave Resident
03-20-2018, 04:21 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2018 04:24 AM by 999ShadowCat999 Resident.)
I agree, that it would not be a good idea to bring the exact same collections back.
it means many people, me included may never get all of the old cats, but thats with all special editions, no matter if RL or SL: if you want it, you have to pay the special prize for it. and it gets more "special " over the years

but a good idea is to make a "2.0 version" like they did with the Hell-o-kitties.
so, just do what Hollywood does: make a Remake of everything Wink and most people would be happy. yes I know not everybody, but I would Cool

[Image: 31048314vm.jpg]
 Thanks given by: Minx Diabolito , aidenvaIeska Resident
03-20-2018, 10:11 PM
Please explain why it's a bad suggestion, oh wise guru?
03-21-2018, 02:44 AM
How would you feel if your 60K L$ cat, which you've been holding on to for years, were rendered worthless overnight because, suddenly everyone could get one for a couple hundred?

Sure, they can be hard to find. So put up an offer to buy. You might be able to get someone to part with one if you offer enough. Say you succeed and plop down a nice, round 100K L$ because you just had to have it for your collection and then, the next day, KittyCats started selling them. How would you feel, then.

Or say you just got your ninth Shamrock box this week and you think, gee, I'll hold onto that for eight or nine years, being careful not to lose it, and see if I can sell it for 30- or 40K L$ when it's quite rare. Only to find, eight years later, when you're ready to brush off the dust and put it on the shelves, KittyCatS decides to put it out again?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain , dean Qissinger , Dimpz Morane , Saxoni Fenstalker , KashKave Resident
03-21-2018, 03:35 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2018 03:43 AM by Jaylinbridges Resident.)
Along the same lines, I wonder how much a Dreams Of Eire Megapuss box is worth now that KC gave a free statue of one to thousands as a gift?

This was one rare cat before, highest price of the St Pats cats. There is one Mega Dreams of Eire box still listed for 490,000 $L. I assume the seller will negotiate the price now. Smile
 Thanks given by: Minx Diabolito , KashKave Resident
03-21-2018, 05:21 AM
Jaylin, I adore the Dreams of Eire, and I am delighted to have the statue and the shoulder pet, but the statue is in no way a substitute for the actual KittyCat!

I see the merits of both arguments and I agree that selling a "version 2.0" is the best compromise. That way, the rare cats stay rare and valuable, but the newer fans get to enjoy something similar.

Thanks given by: Minx Diabolito
03-21-2018, 10:23 AM
Hi everyone,

Same as Tad, *looks for the "no, thanks" button.

These cats are valuable because they are rare, same as in RL, when something is rare the demand for it can be high.

To answer Jaylinbridges, I am the owner of the (boxed !) mega you are talking about and no, thanks again, I won't negociate its price.

As Ellen says, a statue is not a live cat you can walk around with and as far as I know, there is only a handful mega Dreams of Eire on the grid and mine is probably the only boxed one, which nearly makes it a "one of a kind".

As an avid collector of KittyCatS since 2011, that cat is not leaving my Cattery unless I get the price I want for it, I don't really want to sell it anyway so if it doesn't go, no problem with me. Smile

Nen

Co-owner of TraitS R uS
[Image: bannieretrupetite.png]
Friendly KittyCatS market & auction site. French, English, Spanish, Dutch, German spoken
 Thanks given by: Minx Diabolito , princesspoison100 Resident , Dimpz Morane , Saxoni Fenstalker , KashKave Resident
03-21-2018, 12:34 PM
(03-21-2018 02:44 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  How would you feel if your 60K L$ cat, which you've been holding on to for years, were rendered worthless overnight because, suddenly everyone could get one for a couple hundred?

Sure, they can be hard to find. So put up an offer to buy. You might be able to get someone to part with one if you offer enough. Say you succeed and plop down a nice, round 100K L$ because you just had to have it for your collection and then, the next day, KittyCats started selling them. How would you feel, then.

Or say you just got your ninth Shamrock box this week and you think, gee, I'll hold onto that for eight or nine years, being careful not to lose it, and see if I can sell it for 30- or 40K L$ when it's quite rare. Only to find, eight years later, when you're ready to brush off the dust and put it on the shelves, KittyCatS decides to put it out again?

While not a collection a real life comparison could be you walk into a Ferrari dealership and say hey I cant afford 100K for your new car. Its not fair so why dont you just give me one for 200 dollars?
 Thanks given by: Minx Diabolito

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)