Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

New kitty owner - Any kind of help will do!
10-29-2017, 12:19 AM
New kitty owner - Any kind of help will do!
Hi there I'm a new kitty owner and I'm just trying to figure it all out. I'm not looking to breed or anything like that, just wanting to keep my Kitty as a nice happy house pet whom is well cared for and loved and once I get that all down then maybe I will later look into a brother/sister for my kitty or perhaps even go into breeding somewhere down the line. But for right now I'm just looking to learn the basics.

Right now I have out the starter food and I've already gotten a 2 month supply of food ready for when that runs out. Also got my kitty a little bed basket, in which I'm not really sure it will even be used being that it isn't interactive. I noticed that my kitty has 0% love in which I'm not sure how to improve that or if it even matters right now. I thought about getting her the flower scratch thingy but I think I'll wait to see how things progress along the way over the next few days.

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a bunch!!Big GrinHeart
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: HikariItsumo Resident
10-29-2017, 01:12 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2017 01:17 AM by Minx Diabolito.)
RE: New kitty owner - Any kind of help will do!
Hiya Tanaya and welcome to KittyCatS =)
Kitties do not start to gain love until they are 7 days old. Love stat is really only important if you want to breed them.

After 7 days old you can do one of 2 things to increase the love a bit faster. You can interact with your cat with hold or cuddle for 30 minutes per day which has an advantage of being totally free. This can be done via the cat's menu. I usually do it for about 35 minutes just to be sure. It is important when taking the cat off to do this with 'drop' not 'detach' because detaching can sometimes cause the kitty to poof and get lost. Drop is much safer.

The second way is you can buy them milk. You do not need to do anything but put down the milk within the range of the cat and that is all. Both the 30 minutes cuddles and milk do the same, so just one is required. Either cuddling/holding or giving milk help a cat gain love faster so it means the kitten box is produced faster. I think they gain 10% love per day on their own with no intervention. With milk or cuddles they can gain 15% per day. Also if you give milk or cuddle it will help raise the happy stat of your kitty which is important if you want to breed them because both cats require 75% happy or more to make a kitten box.

Also a cat under 7 days old, one over 121 days old (the breeding auto switches off at 121 days) or one with breed turned off manually by you with the cat menu will eat half as much food. But it does take a while for it to be able to breed again, I think 1 week from when you switch it back on, so make sure you really want to put this off. Also if you set the home of your kitty in your basket for it then it should often sleep there.

The stats needed for cats to breed are to be partnered, 100% love, awake, 25% energy or more and 75% happy or more. If they are ready and able to breed they will show double hearts instead of just one. If the cat needs to be woken you can do this with the cat menu but you cannot wake a cat with less than 25% energy. I usually wake mine as they get close to 30% energy because as soon as they wake they start to lose energy again. If they are near 30 it gives time for them to have a kitten box before the energy can drop under 25% again. I hope this helps you ^.^
 Thanks given by: HikariItsumo Resident
10-29-2017, 02:24 AM
Welcome, Tanaya, to KittyCatS.

Regarding your cat basket: Just rez both the basket and cat in world and then set the 'Home' position for your cat directly over the basket, by moving your cat there using the 'Edit' function and select 'Set Home' from the menu. Then the cat will return to the same spot to sleep, when it gets tired.)

Enjoy your new virtual hobby.

Magical stories from an independent author
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Minx Diabolito , HikariItsumo Resident
10-29-2017, 02:33 AM
(10-29-2017 01:12 AM)Minx Diabolito Wrote:  Also a cat under 7 days old, one over 121 days old (the breeding auto switches off at 121 days) or one with breed turned off manually by you with the cat menu will eat half as much food. But it does take a while for it to be able to breed again, I think 1 week from when you switch it back on, so make sure you really want to put this off.

Welcome !

Just a small thing about the amount of food eaten : kittens (so under 7 days) eat the same amount of food as adult breeding cats as long as they have breed on.

Enjoy your cat(s) !

Thanks given by: Minx Diabolito
10-29-2017, 05:24 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2017 05:27 AM by Tanaya Baxton.)

Thank you all so much for the helpful replies, I truly appreciate it :0)
 Thanks given by: Maxwell Grantly , Minx Diabolito , HikariItsumo Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)