Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Naming SL cats for RL cats that are gone
11-14-2017, 11:26 AM
Naming SL cats for RL cats that are gone
I had to put my aging and sick RL kitties down, it has been a very sad week.

So I decided to take the next two kittycat newborns and name them for my cats who died. They don't look like them but have some similarities.

Now I do a double take when I see those names inworld and I wish I hadn't done this. I think it was probably a bad idea and I'm thinking of sending them to the Menagerie.

It's funny, I had a long time friend who passed away and I named a cat for him who was born literally in the hour that the friend died. And I can imagine that he is "talking to me" through the names of his children (the only truly random thing you get from the kitties, as the other chat is pre-programmed). Somehow, it doesn't bother me to see my old friend as a cat -- I have another cat I also named for a mutual friend of ours and I think it's great that they are immortalized as artificially-intelligent cats in a virtual world -- they were both mathematicians and they would only chuckle at it and take an interest.

But somehow with my actual RL cats, I don't feel good about it.

What has the experience been of other people?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Jelly Supply
11-14-2017, 01:29 PM
RE: Naming SL cats for RL cats that are gone
you did that too early.
I remember when my cats went over the rainbow bridge, i needed some months to be able to look at pictures of them again without getting emotional.

I can name kittycats or other game characters after them now, as some time passed by
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Prokofy Neva , Jelly Supply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)