Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Closed 
Breeding, can't partner properly
05-23-2017, 10:09 AM
Breeding, can't partner properly
I've been breeding for a while now and I've noticed a total glitch in the process, which makes no sense to me but perhaps it's a "built-in" thing?

Basically if I partner two cats, and then after that partnership expires, I repartner with the *same* Kitty Cat, then the two cats go into "automatic re-partner" mode and seem stuck with each other forever?

As I said, this could be a "feature," but to me this is a big problem.

It's a problem, because I have yet to ever find a way of "un-partnerning" cats that are in automatic re-partnering mode. Even if one of the two cats dies, the second cat seems to keep the dead cat as their "partner" forever.

Anyone got an answer for this or is there something I'm missing? I'm tired of killing cats just because they can't be un-partnered.
Find all posts by this user
05-23-2017, 10:22 AM
RE: Breeding, can't partner properly
KittyCatS don't die.

To solve your issue, very easy, grab some "Break Free" vitamins (free, as name says) in the customer pavilion at the mainstore.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ki.../93/101/25

05-24-2017, 09:18 AM
I have noticed that a cattery cat partnered to a menagerie cat (same owner) can now be unpartnered. I believe this is new and that we previously had to retrieve the partner from the menagerie first.

05-24-2017, 10:23 AM
It's not new, it's been that way for at least one year, maybe more.

05-24-2017, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2017 02:29 PM by Sylvia Wasp.)
(05-23-2017 10:22 AM)HikariItsumo Resident Wrote:  KittyCatS don't die.

To solve your issue, very easy, grab some "Break Free" vitamins (free, as name says) in the customer pavilion at the mainstore.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ki.../93/101/25
Except I already burned through all my money buying multiple vitamin bottles that didn't work, so I'm kind of sceptical of the "buy a solution" thing.

I had the cats in question brought to within 1% of perfect happy for breeding, bought a "Happy 10" for each of them only to see the Happy go *down* instead. Two days later the happy was up to 75% again, but the energy was mysteriously down so I bought energy vitamins, only to see their energy go *down* again.

What I'm after here is just the simple answer to a couple of questions:

1) do kitty cats automatically re-partner with each other once the user has partnered them twice? (mine did)

2) is there any way to un-partner two "partnered for life" kitty cats?

3) if the answer to 2) is no ... why (the heck) not?
05-24-2017, 03:51 PM
Hahahaha! Sylvia is bored. There's a reason her last name is "Wasp".

Here she's pretending to be "skeptical" of free bottles. It's fun the way she manages not to repeat complaints.

A past thread of Sylvia's. Check out synopsis at #12 post.

I knew she wouldn't be able to let the thread rest at HikariItsumo's very practical answer.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
05-24-2017, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2017 05:11 PM by Arella Ohmai.)
1) Cats do not re-partner to each other without the owner using the re-partner button, so I would say it was a user error instead of one time being clicked re-partner was.
2) As stated above there is the FREE break free bottle that can be used on any partnership now. (not sure what part of free you missed)
(and if you burned through all your money buying vitamins that did not work you might should read what each one does, you can find that info in the manual or on the front of the vitamin bottle)

I would advise you perhaps take a peek at the online manual for much of your kittycats questions/concerns. The Manual really does outline things in black n white for the most part and answers questions users have very easily with a little reading.
KittyCats! Manual

Come grab a cat at Kitten Haven!
05-24-2017, 08:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2017 02:38 PM by Kitten Longmeadow.)
Just chiming in real quick to point out 2 things.

1. Partnerships last 11 days total. That's it. Automatic or not - they only last 11 days total.

If it is a one-time partnership, then the partnership ends once the cats breed and produce a kitten. If it is an automatic re-partnership, then the cats re-partner themselves once they breed and produce a kitten.

Break Free Drinks (which cost 0L) can be used to unpartner cats at ANY time. Both cats must be present unless one of the partners has a) been made into a perma-pet or b) sent to the Menagerie.

For further reference, please see our manual articles on Partnering and Break Free Drinks.

2. Please remember our guidelines regarding being courteous and considerate to each other. Attacking someone is not ok. If you feel someone is out of line, either message them privately, or let staff know so we can contact them. Just don't add fuel to the fire. Smile

Now as the original questions have been asked and answered, I am going to close this thread and move it to the Feedback forums, since that is a more appropriate place for it. If anyone has any other questions about how the breeding process works, you can check out our manual section on Breeding, read through the Breeding forum (lots of useful info there), or message me personally and I'll be happy to help. Smile

There's a sucker born every minute, and the stray cats know where we all live!
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)