Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Closed 
Please don't destroy my cats!
01-19-2017, 04:26 AM
Please don't destroy my cats!
Callie, I read the notecard about the lost cats. You said that you might destroy ALL the offspring from lines descended from the cats lost to the server outage. OMG!!!! My lost cat Princess was several years old, and DOZENS of cats in many lines, mine and my alts, are descended from her. It would be a disaster. Please find a way to let the descendants survive, even if there are pedigree gaps. I cannot possibly repair the damage to my lines if you delete all the offspring. Have pity on us! These cats are an expensive hobby. I know you said there may be compensation, but, Good lord, if whole lines are lost, and lines descended from those lines, it will be a big problem, not to mention a PR marketing catastrophe.
Find all posts by this user
01-19-2017, 04:30 AM
RE: Please don't destroy my cats!
It's also made clear on the note card that was sent that deleting pedigrees would be done only if nothing else is doable and that KC thinks all cats will be recovered.
No need to panic.

01-19-2017, 04:41 AM
(01-19-2017 04:30 AM)HikariItsumo Resident Wrote:  It's also made clear on the note card that was sent that deleting pedigrees would be done only if nothing else is doable and that KC thinks all cats will be recovered.
No need to panic.

Indeed, I note that. However, I wanted my objection to be stated before that decision was taken. I am reluctant now to do any breeding that might involve a descendant (even though the cats are many levels downline) from Princess (a two year old cat who was kept as a sentimental pet when she finished breeding). I want to register my opinion, while there is still time.
01-19-2017, 05:14 AM
(01-19-2017 04:41 AM)Breehid McCallen Wrote:  
(01-19-2017 04:30 AM)HikariItsumo Resident Wrote:  It's also made clear on the note card that was sent that deleting pedigrees would be done only if nothing else is doable and that KC thinks all cats will be recovered.
No need to panic.

Indeed, I note that. However, I wanted my objection to be stated before that decision was taken. I am reluctant now to do any breeding that might involve a descendant (even though the cats are many levels downline) from Princess (a two year old cat who was kept as a sentimental pet when she finished breeding). I want to register my opinion, while there is still time.

I can understand that. I wish you had taken the time to write to me, since I'm handling those support cases. Sometimes it's better to go direct to the source and ask for clarification, rather than make a public objection about something that's only affected a small segment of our community. Smile

That said, I note your concerns. If you want to speak about your situation regarding your lost cat I'll be happy to talk to you about it. I will follow up with you in world tomorrow. I'm also going to move this thread since it's about a support issue and doesn't belong in General Discussion. Thanks.

There's a sucker born every minute, and the stray cats know where we all live!
 Thanks given by: Draco Nacht
01-19-2017, 03:27 PM
Hello. I do not mean to be difficult. However, the facts are, this was taken to a public forum for all to read. And from what I am reading, it is an extremely serious issue. I did not receive any notecards, nor was there anything in the kittycats group page about these deleted cats. Since this post was not deleted, and others have now seen it, it needs to be addressed publicly.

From what I am reading from the original poster, descendants of cats that were lost due to outages will be destroyed per Callie. Consider the following. People sell these cats, and buy these cats. As everyone knows, cats can be quite pricey. Some spend RL money in purchasing these cats. So I have the following questions...

1-- Why would Callie purposely destroy these cats? This makes no sense. Someone wrote something about compensation. However, how much compensation is KC willing to provide? If someone bought a cat for 5 grand, and it gets destroyed by Callie because it is a descendant of a cat that is lost, what will KC compensate? If I spend 5 grand on a cat, and KC goes and destroys said cat, and gives me 170L for food, that is unacceptable. Please note, the way this question was worded, it sounded as if living, not lost cats are being destroyed.

2-- Quite frankly, why on earth would Callie do this? Can we please have an explanation?

3-- Why would any cat need to be "destroyed". Certainly, the cat can be "remade". Okay, if the data was lost, if someone knows what their cat is/was, and gives those details, that cat should be able to be recreated. Granted, the pedigree may be lost. But at least the person would have the cat in which they have paid for.

4-- Destroying all cats descendant of lost cats is not a small isolated issue. Like she stated, her cat is years old, you are talking many, many cats. And if she sold cats from that line, you are now talking people being effected who bought those cats. Not to mention, those people who bred the cat they bought, and sold those to others.

5-- Am I reading correctly, and is it true, that if a cat is lost due to the server issue, and I have a living, well cat that is not lost that is a child of said lost cat, my here, healthy, living cat will be destroyed? If this is indeed true, then I want to know...

6-- Why? And what rights does the company have to destroy a cat that is living, alive, there right in front of my eyes, eating merrily? I get that it is Callie's company, and she can do what she pleases. However, the poster is correct. If cats are destroyed simply because they are descendants of a cat that was lost, people would be flocking away from KC, as the last thing anyone will want to do is spend money on something that will be destroyed soon after purchase.

Please, a manager needs to address publicly what the original poster was asking. This really is an extremely serious issue. And now that it's out there in the public, we deserve an explanation.
01-19-2017, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2017 03:54 PM by Callie Cline.)
We're working with the very few who were affect to restore their cats. we're working with them directly because only a few were affected and it's nothing to be concerned about.

Kitten has spoken with the original poster and it was explained to her.

There is absolutely nothing to worry about. Smile we're working on this issue and it will not affect you. We're in the process of restoring cats, not destroy them. Smile

if you have further questions you can contact Kitten Longmeadow inworld.

I hope that eases your worry!! thanks for the opportunity to clarify.
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca , Theodore Nacht
01-19-2017, 03:52 PM
Thank you Callie! This is a relief! <3
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)