Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Suggestion: Pedigree option on by default on website
01-17-2017, 12:49 PM
Suggestion: Pedigree option on by default on website
I think it would be grand if by default kittycats had their pedigrees enabled, this way people could more easily browse family trees and get clues where genetics come from when they randomly pop up down the line!

Currently the option is off by default, and if changed, this way new users wouldn't have to worry about fiddling around with it unless they wanted to hide their trees (which I think is a horrible idea.. just sayin!). Of course, to help make users aware the option could be toggled - a banner could be shown at the top of pedigrees being viewed when a user is logged into their account, with instructions of how to turn it off.. or it could even have a check mark included to hide a particular kitty, or to hide all kitties.

I'm not saying do something that makes everyone's kitties visible that are currently in the system, if it is possible to avoid that, but perhaps something that would make new kitties on by default for better ease of use.

In my personal feeling of it, I find it frustrating to be looking at a traited kitty and it showing up like it is genesis with all its traits hiding on the tree. While that project can be fun to breed out and find out ourselves, sometimes we want to add a kitty to our kitty army with specific genetics in the background. I've spoke to people who didn't know they could or needed to enable pedigrees for their cats.. many many times. I've yet to speak to someone who wanted it turned off (but I guess that person exists somewhere!).. so that is where my idea stems from. Smile

Please anyone feel free to comment and leave your feelings too. Would you like pedigrees on by default instead of off? If so, why or why not?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Ellen Ireland , Fenris Ash , Aubreygrace Starlight , Theodore Nacht , Draco Nacht , Jiyulie Resident
01-17-2017, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2017 07:17 AM by Fenris Ash.)
RE: Suggestion: Pedigree option on by default on website
::I think it would be grand if by default kittycats had their pedigrees enabled, this way people could more easily browse family trees and get clues where genetics come from when they randomly pop up down the line!::

Wow I didn't know that this could be done. I've only been breeding them for a little over a year, and there's still tricks to be learned. The more tools in my toolbox that I know, the more that I can use to breed and showcase these little pixel furballs. I would love to be able to check generations back, especially if it's not my own lines, so I can breed the perfect furs or traits.
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Draco Nacht
01-17-2017, 07:33 PM
I agree! Having that "on" by default would be VERY helpful to all of us, and I would like to see it apply to all kitties owned unless the user specifically opts out.

Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Draco Nacht , Fenris Ash
01-19-2017, 04:28 PM
As an auctioneer, I would love this. Right now, when we can't go far enough back to see what's hiding, we call it a "Nancy Drew" trait, meaning someone's going to need to do investigating to figure out what's in there. As much fun as those hunting expeditions can be, I would love to be able to better ascertain the genetics at play.

+1

Thanks given by: Draco Nacht , Reven Rosca , Fenris Ash , Cloe Osterham
01-19-2017, 09:45 PM
(01-19-2017 04:28 PM)Theodore Nacht Wrote:  As an auctioneer, I would love this. Right now, when we can't go far enough back to see what's hiding, we call it a "Nancy Drew" trait, meaning someone's going to need to do investigating to figure out what's in there. As much fun as those hunting expeditions can be, I would love to be able to better ascertain the genetics at play.

+1

Haha I like that expression.. Nancy Drew trait. Wink But yes, not everyone wants to be a PI all the time!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)