Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

New Opaline eyes - recessives
12-15-2016, 06:54 AM
RE: New Opaline eyes - recessives
I agree something official on the forum from KittyCats themselves would be very helpful, including about this years Ltd Ed Halloween traits, I'll be honest I haven't trawled the forums looking but a thread in the news section would be sufficient.
Notices are great if you get them but time limited, wecan no longer see the one about traits that were retired prior to halloween although I suspect that might be in the forum news section but without checking can't be sure.
Yes a 1 proof chart is by far the most ideal and I'm sure Fabao will post it once he has it but as we all know pulling hids takes time and multiple chart proofs are not unusual from starters and this is what we are seeing here. If everyone waited until they had the one proof chart things would not move very fast at all.
BreeAnn is doing a great job under what seem to be rather difficult circumstances, at this point approaching Callie might get the answers shes seeking faster than waiting for Fabao to produce a galaxy star from under his opaline, after all would need to be from 2 opaline cats to satisfy the criteria and he only has 1. With his schedule at the moment breeding more will be his priority not pulling hids.

(12-15-2016 04:16 AM)Kayla Woodrunner Wrote:  To be fair, I think the current Saga vetters have been burned a little. When they took over the chart, there were some furs/eyes that needed to be tweaked as they were close to the correct position but not quite. Probably as they corrected past errors, they created a policy of being very careful because people do want accurate info. Timely is important too, though. I can understand their wanting the proof to be in one chart without needing to refer to dates -- so that in the future they can just pull the chart to confirm how it was placed. As long as people know what they need, it can be provided. I think what was hard before was charts were sent in and not posted and not knowing why not -- whether it was not received or didn't fit their parameters. I realize Breean has the rather thankless job of teaching people what kind of charts the Saga vetters have decided on. The forum based charts may have a different set of parameters because their storage system may allow for dates of discovery. So far it looks to me like both Saga and the Forum-based Charts are working hard to be very accurate. The fact that they have different approaches is ok with me since both focus on accuracy. I think variety is healthy.

I do think it's a good idea to ask KC directly, Arwen, but I would much rather they publish on the forum certain info so it is out there more formally rather than word-of-mouth. I've played the telephone game with students and word-of-mouth can change in really weird ways between the original and the last person who hears it. A listing during the summer might be nice of the previous Halloween-Spring releases and retirements--gives time for everything that year to be discovered and formalizes it. And if something is out there that has yet to be discovered for whatever reason, they can put a ? or "..." or something on the list. (Laughs, imaginig the furor a "..." would cause as people run to the store to grab starters). They do send notices through KC Addicts but I miss those 75% the time. The forum is nice cuz things stay up and you can browse.

If I'm here in the summer, I'll put it up as a suggestion. Otherwise I hope someone else will. Right now is their busy season so not a good time to make a summer suggestion. They do look at the feedback section because I've seen them incorporate some suggestions in updates and trait releases. Equinox used to be good about posting news like retired or limited traits but I haven't seen her name on postings in a while. So they may not have the staff or time and may just let us figure it out -- which to be honest, all of us together really do do a good job of figuring it out. The KC community and the way we work together is pretty amazing. And as a group we have created informational resources I have not seen in any other breedable. Still confirmation from top brass is always good.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: fabioazevedo Oh

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Opaline eyes - recessives - Arwen Swordthain - 12-15-2016 06:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)