Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

New Opaline eyes - recessives
12-16-2016, 12:47 AM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2016 12:54 AM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
RE: New Opaline eyes - recessives
Ocicat Chocolate was discovered in 2011. In the early years 2011 and 2012, they were introducing new furs in the summer probably because KC was new back then and there weren't as many furs. But since about Halloween 2012 until now, KC hasn't introduced new furs in the summer. Eyes are a bit different. As they used to have a possible new eyes with RFL, Baroque, the special one-time summer kitties like the Royals up through 2013. RFL 2011-2013 saw new ears and whiskers.

I could be wrong but it looks to me like KC has been taking well-deserved summer breaks from 2014 to 2016. This summer people tested the summer kitties 2016 but no one found anything and more telling, there was no mention of a possible new trait in their advert or their KC discussions. KC doesn't tell us what new traits there are (hence the avid testing of the summer kitties by some folks) but they do seem to be very good about letting people know something might be found whether in the advert or through their Sunday talks especially if people ask them in the Q&A after. Of course if they announce Toygar Tan or something has been out there since summer I will have to say oops, I'm wrong.

In the beginning there weren't as many breeders but now there are a lot more -- hence the speed of placing new traits is happening much much faster; finding new recessives is happening faster even compared to a year ago as more people become OCD about finding hids. People showing their proofs on the threads are showing how they got pures or proving dominance and recessiveness -- sometimes with 3 or 4 charts, sometimes 1 chart because people have an improved understanding of how Kittycats work. The early years were much rougher since a much smaller group of breeders were figuring things out from scratch. A lot of the mistakes in the early years can be attributed more to the lack of numbers. Now if someone posts something that looks dom, someone might post a chart saying, no, you might have a hid because I got this. With visible charts on the forum, these kind of corrections happen much faster than before. That kind of thing can only happen because there are a lot more breeders out there who also have a better understanding of dominance. (Although I wish I had been there in te early years because I missed the Kibo neko, sighs, and it's way out of my price range these days).

Honestly I am thankful that in the past 3 years there have not been new summer traits. It gives time for the charts to get cleaned up for those pesky traits that still haven't been placed by June. Last summer, the fur chart had about 7 furs and at least 2 eyes placed through 10/11/15. This summer through 10/5/16, it was 10 eyes and 8 furs placed. Some of both years placements had been unplaced for years. That summer break has been very helpful these last two years in placements. Of course the way things are going, we may not need a summer break any more because everything will be placed!

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain , Reven Rosca , fabioazevedo Oh
12-26-2016, 08:00 AM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2016 08:09 AM by Arwen Swordthain.)
Fabao and I are breeding a pure Opaline to a pure Galaxy Burst to place Opaline, the cats were opened today. I thought since I had gathered the purity data I'd post it today and then can just follow up with the results in 2 weeks Smile

Here we have Armondo, he is a pure Opaline
Mother Bonnie is showing her fathers Odyssey Bellini and hiding her starter mothers hidden which must be Ody Bellini or better
Father Randi is showing his fathers Exotic Journey and therefore hiding his starter mothers hidden which must be Exotic journey or better
Bonnie & Randi have the same mother therefore both are hiding the same eye which must be exotic Journey or better.
Armondo has Opaline eyes meaning this is the hidden eye and therefore recessive to exotic journey and more importantly for this test it is PURE

[Image: d214f51fa4696628f24bebf86253362e.png]

Here we have Amariah, she is a pure Galaxy Burst, unfortunately not as easy to prove as Armondo is.
Her parents are full siblings so we will concentrate on proving her Grandparents. Grandmother was pure via a backbreed, grandfather from the same line hides the eye.

[Image: 26474302415a35957141e761f6853f66.png]

Grandmother, Jana.
June & Terry both have the same starter father and both show their mothers shown eyes, Tapestry Royale for June and Odyssey Bellini for Terry meaning both hide mothers hidden which must be Odyssey Bellini or Better
Their Baby Jana shows Galaxy Burst which we know is recessive to Odyssey Bellini therefore is the hidden eye in Terry & June and there Jana is a pure Galaxy Burst.

[Image: fa3c65d87b329cae0b36934c624b6def.png]

Grandfather, Jamel
Jamel is the offspring of Terry who we proved hid Galaxy Burst under his Odyssey Bellini in the last chart.
Jamels mother has Exotic Journey as does Jamel.
We know Galaxy Burst is recessve to Exotic Journey and we know Terry hides Galaxy Burst, therefore Jamel hides Galaxy Burst.

[Image: 83fbfcb9515403f8307cd5fe05ffdeca.png]

Jana has been proven Pure Galaxy Burst, Jamel has been prove to hide Galaxy Burst therefore Herta and Cort are both PURE Galaxy Burst as are their offspring, in this case Amariah.

Therefore We are breeding a pure Galaxy Burst to a Pure Opaline, results in 2 weeks Smile

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca , HappyDaize Resident , Kayla Woodrunner , fabioazevedo Oh
01-07-2017, 12:07 AM
Have they gotten a box yet, Arwen? Just curious.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
01-07-2017, 04:33 AM
Monday afternoon unless we drug them, not sure if Fabao will be online Sunday so will be Monday, he'll want to be there when it drops. I posted at 2pm GMT and the cats were just out of the boxes then about 6am SLT.

(01-07-2017 12:07 AM)Kayla Woodrunner Wrote:  Have they gotten a box yet, Arwen? Just curious.

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
01-07-2017, 08:16 PM
cOOL!

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
01-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Another one bites the dust.
Opaline is dominant to galaxy burst and placed between exotic journey and galaxy burst
[Image: 479fb05428554e664d9c27a633d51bf5.png]
Parents are pure, proofs are already posted in the thread meaning theres no need to pop the hid.

Thanks to Fabao for drugging the Cats and sending me the proof.

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident , Peaches Latrell , Kayla Woodrunner
01-08-2017, 04:38 PM
Congrats Arwen! You are rolling right through these proofs!
01-08-2017, 05:00 PM
And another one falls, another one falls! YAY!!!

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
01-08-2017, 05:07 PM
Good job, Fabao, and thank you for posting the pedigree, Arwen!
Opaline is now placed in the forum charts.

Forum Based Charts can be found here
01-08-2017, 09:03 PM
Yay! Arwen, Congratulations!

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)