Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Issues with a region being half-down.
02-15-2012, 08:57 AM
Issues with a region being half-down.
I had my cattery home region down 3 times in under 12 hours, two times for about 1/2 hour, the third for 2-3 hours. It didn't crash, it didn't reset, it simply locked up and became unresponsive until I notified them and they got it back up.

Most cats lost 4-5 percent of love gain over that 24 hours, which is a little more than I'd expect given the down time and given that's nearly 1/3 of the day's love.

The bigger issue was cats who somehow got caught wrong in the sleep cycle or whatever, somehow they came out way more hungry or unhappy than they should have for being offline so small a time and had to recover to start gaining love again, so i had 2-3 cats that lost nearly a full day.

No cat in question was attached to me; I've learned my lesson there. But somehow the cats took a double or worse hit for being offline that time. I know you can't control sims or LL, but something needs to be done to ensure that the loss is limited to the sim downtime, that it doesn't leave our cats screaming for food and less than 50 percent happy when the sim was up for 83 percent of the 24 hour period.

Kitty Kollege Pawfessor, Kitty Kottage
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Is.../69/224/22
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Kristyn23 Resident
02-19-2012, 10:13 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2012 10:14 AM by KittyCats Resident.)
RE: Issues with a region being half-down.
hi Liriel Smile

When a sim is restarted, or brought back up after experiencing problems it is sometimes wrongly set back in time a bit by Linden Lab.
This means all the contents is set back in time, which includes the stats of your cats.

The Milk & Food bowls are rolled back equally though, so cats will not consume more then they should.
Cats which were sleeping can indeed take a double hit as they were hungry already.

A workaround would be to save all the data for food bowls and cats outside of SL, but in such a case other problems could occure, for example when there is a communication problem between SecondLife and the external database.

Each system has its advantages and disadvantages, but the problem you experienced only counts for a small amount of situations.
While we always try to improve and create workarounds, i think this is an issue that should be solved mostly by Linden Lab.
Appart from what you experienced, it causes for example several other problems, including duplicates or the loss of items.

Regards,
KittyCatS
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)