Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Pixie Point Ears
12-10-2016, 01:01 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2016 01:21 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
RE: Pixie Point Ears
Thanks Flair for posting your proof and narrowing Pixie Point. It is now between Pointed Soft Fold and Soft Curl

Testing range
Proven rec to Pointed Soft Fold
Foxie
Odyssey Boo Boo (Ret)
Odyssey Rounded Boo Boo
Wild Tiger **
Rounded Fold
Mysterious Odyssey Fold
Dreamy Fold (New)
Odyssey Rounded Fold
Rounded Boo Boo
Soft Fold Boo Boo
Proven dom to Soft Curl

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain
12-12-2016, 12:37 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2016 12:39 AM by Summerwind Adored.)
I believe this should give enough proof to place pixie point recessive to rounded fold ears.

[Image: 7ccaf450e1d0de96963ad8f853be4a20.png]
(12-12-2016 12:37 AM)Summerwind Adored Wrote:  I believe this should give enough proof to place pixie point recessive to rounded fold ears.

Can post Dad's if needed. Smile
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident , Kayla Woodrunner
12-12-2016, 04:44 AM
Yes, Summerwind, could you post Dad Boris' chart please. And if you have a chart that proves Boris' hidden if you could. I could be wrong but I think you have also proven Pixie Point is recessive to MOF which I think is probably Boris' shown which would make Pixie Point dominant to Boris' hidden ear. This would narrow the spread quite a bit.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
12-12-2016, 06:29 AM
(12-12-2016 12:37 AM)Summerwind Adored Wrote:  I believe this should give enough proof to place pixie point recessive to rounded fold ears.

From what I am seeing the special Baby, Marie, has Rounded fold ears, a chart showing Mum, Tiny Quartz, hides Rounded Fold and Dad, Kirby, hides Pixie Point would be one way to prove its recessive to Rounded Fold.
If Boris shows MOF you have also proved it recessive to MOF as Kayla stated. Rounded Fold is dominant to MOF so the baby showing MOF must hide Pixie Point.
If you know what Boris hides and can show that as well you will narrow the dominant to side of things as well.
All 3 charts should give us all the info needed in conjuction with the image you posted today. Great work, look forward to seeing the pedigrees Smile

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident
12-12-2016, 08:00 AM
My first Pixie Point x Rounded Boo Boo girl just gave me a beautiful Ginger with Soft Curl ears, so that one is a bust.
The Scotty Fold boy has already moved on to her little sister. Fingers crossed for next week!

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
12-12-2016, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2016 05:07 PM by Mirsoul Resident.)
Mom shows Pixie (pulled with Rounded hiding Scotty), Put Mom with Dad who shows Rounded Fold and Hides Scotty. Rounded fold Popped. Pixie recessive to Rounded Fold?

Grrrr...can't get his to upload picture...so here is the gyazo link.

https://gyazo.com/0f334742105c9e5595f7afb506626898

Owner CatTales KittyCats Market
KittyCats Breeder and Auctioneer
Breed what you love and sell what you can bear to part with
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca , Kayla Woodrunner
12-12-2016, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2016 06:14 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
No worries, Mirsoul. I repost your image inline

just for the future this is how you do it -- gyazo requires an extra step from mos things
of you are pasting it into the KC image button, you have o add ".png" or ".gif". The dot png is if it is ia still pic. The dot gif is if it is a moving pic. Gyazo takes both. And be careful not to have a space between the url and the ".png" or it won't show which is why Reven added the pic below and I added this advice, lol.

If you cannot use the image button (I cannot at home but can at the library), then you have to add the code. The code is (remove the extra spaces I added so it can be viewed otherwise it will think it is code and disappear, lol)
[ img ]gyazourl dot png [ /img ]

[Image: 0f334742105c9e5595f7afb506626898.png]

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
 Thanks given by: Mirsoul Resident
12-12-2016, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2016 05:36 PM by Reven Rosca.)
(12-12-2016 04:57 PM)Mirsoul Resident Wrote:  Mom shows Pixie (pulled with Rounded hiding Scotty), Put Mom with Dad who shows Rounded Fold and Hides Scotty. Rounded fold Popped. Pixie recessive to Rounded Fold?

Grrrr...can't get his to upload picture...so here is the gyazo link.

https://gyazo.com/0f334742105c9e5595f7afb506626898

(12-12-2016 05:26 PM)Kayla Woodrunner Wrote:  No worries, Mirsoul. I repost your image inline

just for the future this is how you do it -- gyazo requires an extra step from mos things
of you are pasting it into the KC image button, you have o add ".png" or ".gif". The dot png is if it is ia still pic. The dot gif is if it is a moving pic. Gyazo taks both.

If you cannot use the image button (I cannot at home but can at the library), then you have to add the code. The code is (remove the extra spaces I added so it can be viewed otherwise it will think it is code and disappear, lol)
[ i m g ]url dot png [ / i m g ]

[Image: 0f334742105c9e5595f7afb506626898 .png]

Just making it visible....
[Image: 0f334742105c9e5595f7afb506626898.png]
(12-12-2016 04:57 PM)Mirsoul Resident Wrote:  Mom shows Pixie (pulled with Rounded hiding Scotty), Put Mom with Dad who shows Rounded Fold and Hides Scotty. Rounded fold Popped. Pixie recessive to Rounded Fold?

It looks like it, but we can't be certain unless the hidden is pulled, since both parents hide Scotty Fold.

Good job, Mirsoul!

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: Mirsoul Resident , Kayla Woodrunner
12-16-2016, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2016 01:22 PM by Reven Rosca.)
Hap and mine first test for Pixie Point x Soft Fold Boo Boo returned SFBB. The kitten is unboxed for testing.

Next round will be Summerwind's Pixie Point Starter X my SFBB Starter.

Tad nailed it!
12-16-2016, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2016 01:56 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Reven, could you ask Summerwind since you are working with her to post Boris' chart or the chart of Woody which would show Boris and Boris parents? It would be good to know Boris' shown given he is being to establish proofs with Marie Laveau on the post of 12/11/16 by Summerwind. And since I'm asking for charts, could you also ask her to post the chart of Kirby that establishes he has Pixie Point hid against a more recessive? I thought I had seen it earlier in the thread so didn't ask before but checked back to confirm to day and don't see it. It would be very helpful. Pretty please with sugar on top.

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)