Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Solved: Callie has confirmed that Beach Blue Eyes are not retired.
11-01-2016, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2016 08:11 AM by Reven Rosca.)
Solved: Callie has confirmed that Beach Blue Eyes are not retired.
This pedigree is taken from the Burmilla Blue thread in the Breeding forum.

Laura bought Kawaii kitties this summer, but didn't rez them until the new collection was released and old traits retired.

The cat shows a new fur, and Beach blue eyes that are supposed to be retired.

Can you please clear up this?

[Image: 4ca16f8a64e1aecb4ccb4e7fed170520.png]

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight
11-01-2016, 10:55 AM
RE: Are Beach Blue Eyes retired or not?
I got them from a halloween cat as well,
https://gyazo.com/bf141fef991850767b9cf2fe3bdbab8d

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: dreampoetz_Resident]
11-01-2016, 11:58 AM
(11-01-2016 10:55 AM)dreampoetz Resident Wrote:  I got them from a halloween cat as well,

[Image: bf141fef991850767b9cf2fe3bdbab8d.png]

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight
11-02-2016, 01:01 AM
Hi Reven & Dreampoetz,

Thanks for your post… we checked and there was an error with the Beach Blue eye and it’s not retired. Thank you for asking!

We’re sorry if it caused you any confusion!
 Thanks given by: Brunabug Nightfire , Dottie Idlemind , Kayleigh McMillan
11-04-2016, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2016 07:57 AM by Shamu077 Resident.)
(11-01-2016 10:55 AM)dreampoetz Resident Wrote:  I got them from a halloween cat as well,

So did I, on only my second offspring. With over 56 active eyes it seems a bit strange that Beach Blue would be showing up so often from the new starters.
How many of you breeders have seen Beach Blue eyes from starter cats since the LE Halloween cats were released?
Beach Blue is a very old common dominant eye, that should have been retired - getting it in new starters so often is just strange and frustrating.
1 out of 56 chances to get Beach Blue and we have several reports of them already.

Let's have other breeders report when they get a Beach Blue hidden from their pricey new LE cats.
[Image: O0LoKJ.png]
11-04-2016, 08:26 PM
I received Beach Blue eyes from one of my sOuL switCheRs! cats, see picture

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-05-2016, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2016 08:04 AM by Ivy Norsk.)
Shamu Wrote:So did I, on only my second offspring. With over 70 active eyes it seems a bit strange that Beach Blue would be showing up so often from the new starters.
How many of you breeders have seen Beach Blue eyes from starter cats since the LE Halloween cats were released?
Beach Blue is a very old common dominant eye, that should have been retired - getting it in new starters so often is just strange and frustrating.
1 out of 70 chances to get Beach Blue and we have several reports of them already.
Let's have other breeders report when they get a Beach Blue hidden from their pricey new LE cats.

Um... you can only get meaningful stats if you also call for the people who Didn't get beach blue eyes in their pricey LEs. I, for one, have not (out of 3 cats that threw their hiddens this week). But I suspect that you knew that about the stats. But what is it that you want to prove with these stats?

The LE lottery is just that, a lottery. If you look at the Saga eyes chart, you can see that the dominant eyes appear to be being retired in a pattern... like pegs on a ladder, and eyes are being kept active at different ladder levels, with the vast majority of action taking place in the recessive ends of the chart (where the secondary markets would want it). Also, it seems like HeadQuarters intended to retire the eye, but just like with canary, there wasn't follow-through. Perhaps it will be retired next cycle.

Also, not everybody breeds for recessives.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
11-06-2016, 07:54 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2016 06:40 AM by Shamu077 Resident.)
(11-05-2016 08:02 AM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  I, for one, have not (out of 3 cats that threw their hiddens this week). But I suspect that you knew that about the stats. But what is it that you want to prove with these stats?

Nothing to prove, since if there was something that caused Beach Blue to be more probable than the other 57 active eyes, it would take hundreds of starter cat reports that included ALL the cats in the sample, not just Beach Blue.

It was really a ruse to let you know who has Beach Blue eye kittens, so you can stock up on them before they become rare. Smile

BTW, I also tried to count the active eyes possible in present day starter cats, and came up with 56. I added one more just for good measure, since I used Saga charts and new trait reports in this forum which may not list them all yet.
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)