Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Galaxy Nebula
12-27-2016, 06:46 AM
RE: Galaxy Nebula
Sorry I'm late. I had to kick a pair of cats out of my cattery first. Good job, Peaches!

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Peaches Latrell
12-27-2016, 07:06 AM
Ok so while Peaches figures out the order among the new eyes I'm going to Pop a divine and a Fancie Blue Diamond and test Divine against the most dominant Nebula and FBD against the most recessive Orbit hopefully the Odyssey Galactic will slot in somewhere in between and we can solve these in one go. Smile
Of course they may confound all out current thinking and not fall between the FRuits and Diamonds at all but we will still get useful info from the tests. Unless of course they end up above the fruits. have tests going on with Tap Reef and Ody F&R plus Mint Julep and BlueBerry so hopefully we will have results from thse before the cats I'm going to pop are ready to breed Smile

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca , Peaches Latrell , Kayla Woodrunner
12-27-2016, 07:58 AM
Great job Peaches! Knocks off 3 more eyes

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
12-27-2016, 02:20 PM
So in another unexpected twist today I had this box drop.
Now I don't know if Mums BlueBerry is pure but I have never pulled anything more recessive from her despite trying. Baby is of course unpacking to test as I post this but coupled with My Ody Galactic potentially hiding Sparkle Dream we may seriously need to reassess our between the Fruit and Diamond thinking to above the Fruits.
I have a Nebula Starter breeding to a Mint Julep starter on Friday fingers crossed for that.

[Image: bdb4ffcc7674c5f2fe3e8cc59d96b33f.png]

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: Peaches Latrell , Reven Rosca , Evolving Yin , Kayla Woodrunner
12-27-2016, 10:41 PM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2016 10:43 PM by Evolving Yin.)
Yes Peaches! Nebula appears to be dominant to both Blueberry & Apple. My Silver Pewter hides Apple:

[Image: c31f119f011c3117391e0bb38c4c100f.png]

https://tinyurl.com/Shop-Quality-KittyCats
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca , Kayla Woodrunner , Arwen Swordthain
12-28-2016, 04:03 AM
It is good to see that you have birthed Argos, Evolving!
I'm looking forward to seeing if he hides Galaxy Nebula or grandpa's Ody Bellini.

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: Evolving Yin
12-28-2016, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2016 09:36 AM by Evolving Yin.)
(12-28-2016 04:03 AM)Reven Rosca Wrote:  It is good to see that you have birthed Argos, Evolving!
I'm looking forward to seeing if he hides Galaxy Nebula or grandpa's Ody Bellini.
Yes Reven. Fortunately, I got a 9T so I can breed him back to his momma. However, for Nebula proofs I am not sure if that is going to be helpful. Since I can pull the Nebula if it is dominant to Apple, or the Bellini could pull it if Apple is dominant. Still trying to get my head around the possible scenarios.

Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner , Arwen Swordthain
12-28-2016, 09:37 AM
(12-28-2016 09:17 AM)Evolving Yin Wrote:  Yes Reven. Fortunately, I got a 9T so I can breed him back to his momma. However for Nebula proofs I am not sure if that is going to be helpful. Since I can pull the Nebula if it is dominant to Apple, or the Bellini could pull it if Apple is dominant. Still trying to get my head around the possible scenarios.

The only proof you will get by backbreeding to Mom is Apple dominant to Ody Bellini if their kitten shows Ody Bellini eyes. Mom is hiding Ody Bellini or more recessive from grandma, but I say Ody Bel for simplicity's sake here)

Nebula shown will either be Pure Nebula (if it is recessive to Apple), Nebula with Apple hidden (If it is dominant to Apple and both pass their shown eye, or Nebula with Ody Bellini hidden if Mom passes Nebula and the kitten hides Ody Bel and passes them.

Apple shown can mean Apple with Nebula or Ody Bel hidden, and the hidden eye must be pulled to give a clear proof in all other cases than Ody bel shown.

Breeding the kitten to an eye that is known to be recessive to Nebula will reveal the hidden eye. Apple will mean that he passed his shown eye, Nebula means he hides Nebula which is then proven recessive to Apple, and anything else means that mum passed her hidden eye and Ody Bel is hidden in the kitten.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your breeding project!

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner , Arwen Swordthain
12-28-2016, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2016 02:50 PM by Evolving Yin.)
Oh that is very helpful! I will look for a recessive eye to Nebula to try and provide the proof. Then I can breed son to mom next round.

Thanks given by: Reven Rosca , Kayla Woodrunner , Arwen Swordthain
12-29-2016, 09:23 AM
am getting impatient for my tests that are due tomorrow now, woith any luck they will zero right in on the range we need to look at. This may be the fastest a set of Ltd Ed eyes has been placed.
If the kitties don't hurry up with the OCW tests we may even place this set before the last of the 2014 Halloween Ltd Eyes is placed Big Grin
Almost as excited for as to see what my snowbabies give me today Tongue

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: Reven Rosca , Peaches Latrell , Kayla Woodrunner

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)