Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Pandie Platinum recessiveness?
08-01-2016, 10:00 PM
Pandie Platinum recessiveness?
I'm a little confused about Pandie Platinum.

Saga' charts does not have it in the notes but it does have it in the to-be-placed column next to Foxie Blondie which infers that it only needs to be tested against Foxie Blondie to be placed

But last year, I had the thread of furs to be placed listed to encourage people on summer projects
https://kittycats.ws/forum/showthread.php?tid=22933
at that time I wrote
"Pandie - Platinum is showing between Ocicat Blue and Balinese Seal Lynx (Retired)"

Which would mean it only needs to be tested against Pandie Fawn

So I am confused. I looked for charts on the forum on the Pandie Platinum but couldn't find any. So I don't know if it needs to be tested against Foxie Blondie and got moved up due to an error or if it needs o be tested against Pandie Fawn and the error was introduced by accidetnally moving it up.

Does anyone have any charts on Pandie Platinum they can post in the range:
Chateau Coffee & Cream No. 1
Foxie Blondie
Ocicat Blue
Pandie - Fawn
Balinese Seal Lynx (Retired)

I don't think Saga has time to search through their archives and answer me so I thought I'd put it out here. They have enough to do going through charts, updating and managing the test site. I just want to make sure I have it right as I do the pairing lists because people are testing dominance and this is one of the ones I have listed.

I found these prior threads which mention Pandie Platinum but no charts

NEW Pandie fur!
https://kittycats.ws/forum/showthread.php?tid=11493

Pandie Platinum + Oci Ebony Silver
https://kittycats.ws/forum/showthread.php?tid=14098

breeding for recessive traits
https://kittycats.ws/forum/showthread.php?tid=16080

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2016, 07:06 AM
RE: Pandie Platinum recessiveness?
I'm not sure either, Kayla...

But, we have the test mating kittens of Pandie Plat x the Foxie Blonde fur currently unpacked for testing... so we'll hopefully get that sorted soon.

And I have an Oci Blue box I am unpacking now, to then test mate to my Pandie Plat boy in a couple weeks. So we can double check that D/r relationship and if the Pandie does show as recessive to the Oci, we can go from there.

If anyone does have a pedigree proof that shows there is an error, and Pandie Plat should be positioned slightly lower on the charts... do please let us know.
08-04-2016, 08:34 PM
Someone told me about the update history button on Saga's charts (I never noticed them before and it looks like the tab has been there for years.) It does seem to clarify the issue.

11 Jul 2016 Pandie Platinum dominant to Ocicat Blue
9 Jul 2016 Pandie Platinum dominant to Balinese Seal Lynx

So it looks like it was a recent change. Yay! So Hap and I are testing the right fur. Good to know. I am going to love that update tab.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident
08-04-2016, 09:54 PM
TY Kayla...

I had already unpacked that Ocicat Blue female, but she can likely still be useful to test pair with either an Aussie Dark Chocolate or a Foxie Cocoa Cream.
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
08-04-2016, 10:01 PM
Awesome -- she's actually in a good range of test subjects

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
08-08-2016, 03:13 PM
Hap and I paired a Pandie Platinum t a Foxie Blondie and got a Foxie blondie baby
Baby just had it's first baby and unfortunately hides a Blue Marble so that one was a bust

2nd baby shows Pandie Platinum and should have a baby in a week. Crossing our fingers on the next one.

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident
08-09-2016, 07:45 AM
Here is to hoping the 2nd baby (Pandie) shows us his hidden, and that it is Foxie Blondie. Smile

If that baby Pandie is a fail as a test also, we can pair up the original Pandie x Foxie and go at it again... as well as using that Pandie baby for an additional cross... until the cats cooperate.

(I just want to pull at least one more Pandie Plat x AMDC test kitten this week, and then "Frozen" will be available for other projects again.)
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner , Reven Rosca
08-30-2016, 02:37 PM
Ok, failed to update this thread in a while, but none of the prior Pandie Plat x Foxie Blonde kittens had the proper hidden fur for a proof... so...

Kayla and I just paired up another Pandie Plat x Foxie Blondie couple. Keeping fingers crossed for them to both pass the shown furs.
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner , Reven Rosca
08-30-2016, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2016 11:59 PM by LibGwen Resident.)
The last few weeks I've been digging into the Saga chart notes and this forum, and the only proofs I've seen on this are:

- Pandie Platinum is dominant to both Ocicat Blue and Bali. Seal Lynx. I have encountered no proofs of either of those being dominant to anything.
- Foxie Blondie and Chat. Coffee & Cream No. 1 are proved to be dominant to Bali. Seal Lynx.
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
08-31-2016, 06:01 AM
It's not on the notes but on th graph, Pandie Platinum is next fo Foxie Blondie which means it is dominan or recessive to Foxie Blondie. I wish however they had put it in the notes. Especially since in one year, it has moved in position on that graph upward to Foxie Blondie because before, it was lower int hat Ocicat Blue/Bali SEal Lynx area. Makes me a little nervous.

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)