Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Galaxy Burst Eyes Recessiveness
07-16-2016, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2016 08:32 PM by Inia Soulstar.)
Galaxy Burst Eyes Recessiveness
I finally pulled out the hidden on this collection starter, it comes out the new Galaxy Burst and it is very recessive. Dominant to Exotic Journey and Recessive to Galaxy Star, I think. If anyone have other interesting testing and proofs, please also post here to share Smile

[Image: 991f378e6662e93abedb68bd2fdb4941.png]

[Image: e133effd1e887ce964b23171179f3235.png]

[Image: 53f9c355432f3c293ad303e9f67be399.png]

[Image: Inia_Soulstar.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Ellen Ireland , Kayla Woodrunner , Ivy Norsk , Alassariah Resident , Unicorn Blackburn
07-16-2016, 07:48 PM
RE: Galaxy Burst Eyes Recessiveness
Wow, very cool!

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
 Thanks given by: Inia Soulstar
07-16-2016, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2016 07:54 PM by Jag Jetcity.)
Just to be clear on terminology, this proves it is RECESSIVE to Exotic Journey. Have you tested it to Galaxy star? (Galaxy Star is the most recessive eye that we know of)
 Thanks given by: Peaches Latrell
07-16-2016, 08:03 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2016 08:04 PM by Inia Soulstar.)
Yes, I did. I have these two collection starters one hides Galaxy Star and one hides this Galaxy Burst. (I didn't know until both have these hidden eyes until on their age of 77 days) I will test again as one of this starter offspring gave me back Galaxy Star. Will keep inform and post it here Smile

[Image: 7d60bdadb53721f8b5c2e9151e42d802.png]

(07-16-2016 07:52 PM)Jag Jetcity Wrote:  Just to be clear on terminology, this proves it is RECESSIVE to Exotic Journey. Have you tested it to Galaxy star? (Galaxy Star is the most recessive eye that we know of)

Thanks given by: Ellen Ireland
07-17-2016, 02:48 AM
Congratulations!

Loving the cattery! Thank you KittyCatS!
07-17-2016, 05:10 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2016 05:58 AM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Ok, the way I read the Inia's last chart is
Galaxy Burst Eyes GrandMom has Bronze shown, Galaxy Burst hid
Galaxy Star Hidden GrandDad has Sunflower shown, Galaxy Star hid
(my hids are based on the names you gave the cats)

Diandra Mom, their daughter, has Bronze shown from Grandmom and Galaxy Star hid
Galaxy Star hid is proven through her child Eadwiella
Diandra does not have Galaxy Burst, Galaxy Burst is lost because Bronze passed instead

So for the bottom pairing
Diandra Mom has Bronze shown and Galaxy Star hid
Galaxy Star Hidden Dad (and GrandDad) has Sunflower shown, Galaxy Star hid
Eadwiella has Galaxy Star shown and hid (pure eyes)

If my analysis is correct (anyone want to confirm?), then this does not prove anything on Galaxy Star vs Galaxy Burst. But you did get a pure Galaxy Star on Eadwiella. I think authentic proven "pures" are rare (vs assumed unproven"pures" which are quite common). Congratulations!

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
 Thanks given by: Ellen Ireland , Inia Soulstar
07-17-2016, 05:39 AM
(07-17-2016 05:10 AM)Kayla Woodrunner Wrote:  If my analysis is correct (anyone want to confirm?), then this does not prove anything on Galaxy Star vs Galaxy Burst. But you did get a pure Galaxy Star. I think authentic "pures" are rare (vs assumed "pures" which are quite common). Congratulations!

You are quite right, Kayla.
These pedigrees show that Eadwyn has pure Galaxy burst eyes, while Eadwiella has pure Galaxy Star. Their offspring will therefore prove the relative placement between these two eyes.

Fingers crossed! We'll know for certain in two weeks.

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner , Ellen Ireland , Inia Soulstar
07-17-2016, 08:13 AM
Yes, would be great if you can breed those two starters together until they both throw their hiddens...because if you get Galaxy Burst or Galaxy Star from breeding them together it would definitely prove the dominance of one over the other Smile
 Thanks given by: Peaches Latrell , Inia Soulstar
07-17-2016, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2016 06:10 PM by Inia Soulstar.)
I will see if the next round I can pair these two together since I already have plans/projects too for these two starters. Would be great if also the first discoverer, Krystanna Wycliffe, will post her testings too as this eyes was discovered a month ago on June 18, 2016 Smile

Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
07-18-2016, 09:46 AM
If you know Krystanna Wycliffe, ask her to post please. The more the merrier!

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)