Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Crystal Spring recessiveness against other Crystals
06-20-2016, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2016 02:43 AM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Crystal Spring recessiveness against other Crystals
I am separating out the Crystals because we need to get them hammered down. I think by having it clumped people don't know whether their chart helps to establish dominance or not.

I don't have any charts of crystals against crystals -- I thought I did but after searching -- nada.

Everyone -- Please help!

Saga's charts says
CRYSTAL EYES!! (order among them still required:
Crystal Sea > Crystal Dream > Crystal Clear,
Crystal Sun > Crystal Clear,
Crystal Spring ? (All Ltd.Ed.)

I think that means dominance is
Crystal Sea
Crysal Dream
Crystal Clear

as well as

Crystal Sun
Crystal Clear

and Crystal Spring can be anywhere

So I think Spring needs to be tested against all of them. If you think I've misread, chime in. If you have a chart, fling it up here.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2016, 12:24 PM
RE: Crystal Spring recessiveness against other Crystals
Kayla and I have a Crystal Sea vs Crystal Spring pairing going, and they have produced a box with Malachite eyes.

Better luck next week.

Chart below for info

[Image: 85d9556dfeb6731581427d52206e8c9c.png]

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
09-07-2016, 06:23 PM
Gathering info on the Crystals

Old thread on Crystals
https://kittycats.ws/forum/showthread.php?tid=9099
see post 5/13/13 by Callie. The special first baby OS of the collection kitties that had the Crystal eyes also could randomly hide Crystal eyes, which created some early mistakes in the very early ratings of the Crystals. They way I interpret this inforamation is these Scrambled Eggs and Wild Flowers special first baby could receive their parents shown or hidden and get a hidden random crystal eye -- if they received the random crystal eye, their shown eye is from one parent and they did not receive an eye from the other parent because they got the random instead. Quoting below from Callie

"The Spring Cats ("Scrambled Eggs" and "Wild Flowers") had the possibilty of carrying the special eyes from the "Costumes" and that would be passed on to their offspring.

Due to a human error that same "chance" was mistakenly also added for the Special offspring, "Deviled" and "Wild Child." (similar to how the Lucky Irish Clover eye was assigned).

So if you are breeding with a "Deviled" or "Wild Child" and see one of the "Crystal eyes" appear out of the blue, this is the reason why. It's like they "got" a "special eye", even if their parents did NOT have it.

As this affects quiet a few cats, and to provide the same chances to everyone, we will not change this, and everyone who still has to breed its special cat will have that same random chance of it getting a "special eye".

We normally don't tell about your discoveries in recessive and dominants, as we know it's part of your fun Smile however, in this case, since this mistake was made, you may want to review your community trait ranking list as this confusion may have led to wrong assumptions with the Crystal eyes."

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
09-07-2016, 06:36 PM
That is very interesting. I did not know any of that.

Reven and I are running Crystal Sea (which Reven believes to be pure) versus Crystal Spring. So far all of the offspring have shown Crystal Sea. And unfortunately, the kitten opened for testing has only passed the shown Crystal Sea, so no proofs yet. (But the breeding results are suggestive.)

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
09-13-2016, 09:41 PM
would anyone like Destrie to partner? Otherwise I'll retire him. Good for Crystal project or British Shorthair ranges

♂ Destrie XiomaraBoas

҈ 39 days ♥ 88% ☺ 71% ☪↯ 55% 모☁ 6%
Fur: Foxie - Argyle
Eyes: Crystal Spring (Curious|Big)
Shade: Twinkle
Tail: Swanky
Ears: Mysterious Odyssey Fold
Whiskers: Latte (Dreamy)
Size: 46 cm (18.1 inch)

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
09-15-2016, 08:44 PM
my Crystal Spring vs Crystal Clear test just failed. Produced a Sparkle Dream. Pretty baby though both of them.

so pretty, I want to do it again. Gah!

[Image: 27f1744c82f499c7af2d8a73c3542739.png]

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
09-19-2016, 09:04 PM
OKay! This week the proof came through:
Crystal Spring is recessive to Crystal Sea:

[Image: b3ddf572f27338259f3942ff14630b58.png]

I mated my crystal spring boy (Durin) with Reven's crystal sea girl (Kari) and they produced a girl showing crystal sea (Shannon). In fact they produced a number of boxes all showing crystal sea but anyway it took this long to get a result.

Shannon finally popped a baby bengal that shows the crystal spring coming out from under the crystal sea when paired with the recessive-eyed Chancellor who shows jade.

Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner , Reven Rosca
09-25-2016, 02:07 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2016 02:21 AM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Yay, thank you Ivy!

Ivy, what love do you need the crytsal clear girl to be at or close to? I can send you her location and put her at 0L so you can use her for ht etest. I think I'm coming home too late everyday for us to meet up to do an in-erson partnership and mom probably will be there until the first week of October so it may not change soon.

Too late but I proved Crystal Spring is recessive to Crystal Sun. Ivy's proof trumps mine, lol.

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk
10-08-2016, 04:25 AM
Ivy, did I pass you the kitty? I don't remember so just checking.

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
10-08-2016, 06:29 AM
You did pass me the kitty Kayla. She's up there at the projects and had a kitten which is showing crystal clear. The kitten is growing to test the hidden.
Thank you so much.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)