Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Please Be Carefull !!
01-31-2012, 06:58 AM
Please Be Carefull !!
I've noticed some boxes/kitties being sold as carrying some rare fur or other, and when studying the parents or pedigree i've seen no way can they be carrying i.e. mom hides rare fur but the OS is showing mom's shown fur so no way can the box/kitty be hiding this fur.
It's probably due to lack of trait passing knowledge on the part of the sellers and i really hope that this is the case.

I really hate the idea of someone with little their heart set on a special fur wasting 10K or more and being soo upset and disappointed when they realize they've made a big mistake .

So please, if you aren't 100% sure about trait passing and thinking of investing a lot of L$ then DO get a long time breeder who really knows his/her stuff to check it out for you before buying ; they are usually very happy to help out .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Khea Karas , Easnadh Swansong , Midi Reifsnider , Liv Zerundi , Bea Shamrock , Giuliana Verrazzano , AmoreJade Cyberstar , Mizaki Resident , Rala Huckleberry , Songdog Woolley , Jelly Supply , Arwen Swordthain , LyricaBlues Resident
01-31-2012, 02:45 PM
RE: Please Be Carefull !!
Very true. I've also seen kitten boxes being sold for large amounts like 10k; upon closer inspection of the pedigree, one realizes there's only a 50% chance that the kitten is hiding the new, rare fur.

[Image: 6853924930_0f355fc725_o.png]
01-31-2012, 06:08 PM
I am sad to hear this - I thought most of the basic genetics was common knowledge in the community by now.

If anyone sees a cat advertised as carrying it trait it only has a CHANCE of carrying, I think a private and kind message to the seller would be in order. I like to think the KittyCats people in general are honest people who wouldn't falsely advertise falsely on purpose - so most would likely appreciate being informed of their mistake rather than being whispered about in the corners, suspected of attempts to cheat people.

Also, if in doubt, please do follow Anna's advice - there are LOTS of kind people in the KittyCats community who would lend you advice, myself included. Stuff a kitten's pedigree into a notecard, add your question "Can this cat carry X or Y?" and I WILL get back to you asap :-) Specific questions like that are easily answered, it is no trouble, and everyone gains Smile
 Thanks given by: Khea Karas , Deidra Loring , Midi Reifsnider , Jelly Supply , JC Aferdita , Burke Benoir , Mizaki Resident , Rala Huckleberry , Vrem Vaniva , Icestron Resident
02-01-2012, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2012 02:14 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
I'm sure indeed these mistakes are not made on
Purpose.
We have the best community I have ever seen in SL!

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: Jelly Supply
02-02-2012, 12:40 PM
(01-31-2012 06:08 PM)Saga Felix Wrote:  Also, if in doubt, please do follow Anna's advice - there are LOTS of kind people in the KittyCats community who would lend you advice, myself included. Stuff a kitten's pedigree into a notecard, add your question "Can this cat carry X or Y?" and I WILL get back to you asap :-) Specific questions like that are easily answered, it is no trouble, and everyone gains Smile

Thanks Saga, of course i thought of you and a few others but didn't like to post your names without permission Wink
02-05-2012, 05:07 AM
Wink RE: Please Be Carefull !!
I would hope so also Anna. I too am willing to help the buyer out in figuring if a certain trait claimed to be hidden could in fact possibly be hidden.

So you're allowed to drop my name, Anna.
02-05-2012, 10:58 AM
(02-05-2012 05:07 AM)Easnadh Swansong Wrote:  I would hope so also Anna. I too am willing to help the buyer out in figuring if a certain trait claimed to be hidden could in fact possibly be hidden.

So you're allowed to drop my name, Anna.

And mine.

Kitty Kollege Pawfessor, Kitty Kottage
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Is.../69/224/22
02-05-2012, 07:03 PM
It really annoys me when people give them like a name "Tawny - hiding ody 2", and there is just a chance it hides it. I see it sometimes from long time breeders and I think this way of "creative advertising" and it makes me sad, because ultimately it's the less experienced breeder that will have to pay for that. If it just ignorance in how traits passes or upright "creative advertising", who knows. But I dont like it.

So I fully agree with Anna, please find someone that can verify if it's true or not, about the prospective hidden trait!
 Thanks given by: Rala Huckleberry
02-09-2012, 05:36 AM
Happy to see that i'm not the only one who feels the same way about this .

And thanx to all those generous peeps willing to give their time to help out. Smile
02-15-2012, 06:40 AM
I often add the "hiding x or y" tag when naming my boxes but usually change it to "mom or dad had x or y" when selling. I also price my "non showing possibly hiding offspring" less than I would a cat with the shown trait as most do. I also think part of the frustration is many new breeders don't understand how to get those traits to pass. Like...hmm breeding a kitty with a recessive fur hidden to a gen fur etc and waiting for that fancy fur to show up.

I agree that it's probably done by mistake and as we all contunue to learn it will be less likely to happen. Its a good reminder though, as I name stuff for myself in a way that helps me remember what I got. Good to remember that it could be confusing to others.

Thanks for the heads up =o)

Noc
 Thanks given by: Mizaki Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)