Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

changing pose
01-16-2012, 05:40 PM
changing pose
I have noticed when you pose a kitten (under 7 days old) when they grow, flip to the next day, they change poses and default into laying down as if you had all animations turned off.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2012, 07:39 PM
RE: changing pose
I noticed this as well I never linked it to a kitty under 7 but now you mention it I think indeed it happens in these cases.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
01-19-2012, 02:23 AM
I see it most often at auctions where someone has a kitten posed and then it just starts laying down and every time it has been when they grew a day.

01-19-2012, 05:07 AM
Nods I see it when I put new borns up for sale and pose them some tend to unpose.

Retro Kitties Showroom »

01-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Yes, that would be another time it would be common to see it! I just can't unpack to sell because then I want to keep LOL so I tend to sell boxes.

01-23-2012, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2012 03:12 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(01-23-2012 03:03 PM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  Yes, that would be another time it would be common to see it! I just can't unpack to sell because then I want to keep LOL so I tend to sell boxes.
Totally have the same problem the kitties are so cuteSmile

Retro Kitties Showroom »

01-23-2012, 07:28 PM
I'm glad I am not the only one!

(01-23-2012 03:12 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  
(01-23-2012 03:03 PM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  Yes, that would be another time it would be common to see it! I just can't unpack to sell because then I want to keep LOL so I tend to sell boxes.
Totally have the same problem the kitties are so cuteSmile

02-02-2012, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2012 03:55 PM by Liriel Garnet.)
I just saw this today with two of my cats I had tp'd to me to show to someone. Both cats were asleep and in low prim mode. I took them out of low prim and posed them and they stayed where they belonged. I was going to reverse the process and noticed when I unposed the first one, he tp'd home on his own, but the menu came back and i put him in low prim and assumed I'd hit the tp home by accident. But I made sure on the second that i touched nothing but unpose, and sure enough, he tp'd home too.

It appears to be the 'asleep' that's causing some of this, and only when turning pose off.

eta: sorry, this isn't exactly the same as i thought when i originally replied, but this appears to be another manifestation of something amiss the same area of scripting logic.

Kitty Kollege Pawfessor, Kitty Kottage
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Is.../69/224/22
02-02-2012, 06:43 PM
The logic in what you describe, Liriel, is that when a kitty goes to sleep, it TP's to it's home-point. If it didn't, they could get lost and sleep under the floor most of the time! :O Instead, they are simply made to TP home as soon as the sleep animation starts - which is does when you un-pose it while it sleeps.

You can also move your kitty to somewhere, meaning to set a new home point - and if you forget to set the new home, it'll TP home when it falls asleep.

This, I think, is rather nice - making us able to control exactly where they should go to sleep after a long day's running around. I got a teacup-kitty sleeping at the coffee(!)-table, a kitty at the sofa, two at a pillow etc.. The downside is the thing you describe - that they TP the moment we un-pose them while asleep. But once we know why, and can fix it by setting their home-point again, I don't find it hard to live with I must admit Smile
02-02-2012, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2012 09:02 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
Okay this is off topic but ...
Now I think of it the low prim option would be so much better if this was to be a pose with open eyes.
After all the fur - Eyes combination is for most people the eyecatcher when the kitties are displayed for sale.
Eventhough we can imagine how it could look I would prefer to show it on a kitty for sale.
This is the reason I rarely use the low prim mode.
And somehow I can't put the kitty in a bucket with water,... real cats hate water so bad why I think it looks so sad.

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Thanks given by: Liv Zerundi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)