Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs
12-18-2011, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2023 06:57 AM by Saga Felix.)
Brick Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs
This thread has not been updated in some time, however I am leaving it pinned as it still contains useful links and information. Thanks! ~KL

--------EDIT - 2023:--------
The charts in this post haven't been updated in years. After I myself stepped down (around 2014, I think?), various people managed them for a few years, but it's a lot of work, and eventually the charts became outdated.

Today, I was actually surprised to see this thread is still here - pinned, even - but I guess that it's true what it says above: It still contains some useful information - mainly the "KittyCatS Basic Info - Mainly for beginners" (found in the folder below) plus the "Facts About KittyCatS Traits" and "Trait-Talk Transcript" that can be useful if you want to understand the "genetics" behind KittyCatS - and, by now, some history.

However, the charts themselves are outdated, so to avoid the misunderstandings that still happen sometimes, please go to the Breeding section of these forums and look for the forum-based charts there. People are still keeping those updated, so please support their work! It takes a lot of time and dedication, and those charts are invaluable.

Best of luck with the kitties, everyone!
Miro Felix (Formerly Saga)

-------Original Post, 2011:-------

Hey all,

I promised sooo long ago, that some day I'd get the lists done - and tadaa, here we go!
I created a collection of Google Docs with dominance order of traits, furs & eyes, plus a couple of other documents that people have been asking for.

The dominance-order lists are not done - they are a work in progress and always will be, as new furs and traits are released ever so often. That is why I finally (Thanks, Khea!) figured out Google Docs and "saw the light" - I can now update and correct everything, nothing gets outdated and no outdated notecards circulate the community Big Grin
You will find some of the newer furs etc. are missing, still - I have been gone from SL for a bit, so I rely on kind people to send me info so I can update Smile

Here's the links - I hope many will find them useful, and help keep them updated:

Saga's KittyCats Collection (All the documents in a folder)

The links for the individual documents are below:

Dominance Order, Eyes

Dominance Order, Furs

Dominance Order, Traits

Facts about KittyCatS Traits

Trait-Talk Transscript

Enjoy! <3

Saga

EDIT: Remember to refresh the page every now and again - some who use the documents a lot write to me with info that is already there, simply because they're looking at a cached (and hence outdated) version of the documents.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Khea Karas , Vampiva Belfire , Nenya Eun , Kendrah Vantelli , Karen Veriander , anna Acanthus , Rainy Turbo , Aiyana Nirvana , Ocean Wade , Midi Reifsnider , Chloe Platini , Temptation Beaumont , Akitsuki Susanowa , sukibuki Resident , AmoreJade Cyberstar , Tashi Core , bigbritchz Topaz , Bea Shamrock , DrusillaRose Resident , Cyanide Pixie , penfold83 Resident , Uzion Shim , fleakats Resident , Wytchie Resident , dakillakm Resident , Shadowfaxx Resident , Sara Franco , Serena Stroikavskoi , Aurore Dreamscape , sandra pidgeon , Brandon Dawson , Revanna Mistwallow , Vrem Vaniva , Sorya Wind , Asrianis Resident , Sanura Snowpaw , feuquinorevo Resident , JazzFire Resident , Cori67 Resident , Auricula4 Resident , Neoban Resident , Nykera Amaterasu , poison Scribe , Andromeda Winterwolf , Maxwell Grantly , Shamballa Merlin , annlorene Resident , Diasonia Stransky , Amyah Silvercloud , SmartCooki Resident , PhilippMarcel Larsson , FelicityJean Resident , Aubreygrace Starlight , JC Aferdita , Rala Huckleberry , Chrisnix Hoxley , MadmanJohn Resident , TrueKittenAmore Resident , Winter Phoenix , AbriannaOceanside Resident , JoiIrui Resident , Isabelle Brucato , PoshJones Resident , Nox Starlight , Songdog Woolley , drNero Resident , Quantic Kimono , alyssalove54 Resident , xStormyx Resident , Mizaki Resident , 1GaJulia Resident , LovelyKisses89 Resident , Ryanna Enfield , Olgita Ruby , Kaleatah Resident , Bellpheobe Ivanovic , Sophiachacha Magic , L0nelyW0rld Resident , Lixy Byron , Milena18 Grau , Burke Benoir , Luna1987 Resident , Merle Mercury , HollyAnne Jonstone , CandyKissesUK Resident , RoxonAve Resident , Rarys Resident , Jada Humby , Aliana Rallier , LavitaLoca Vita , Cygnoir Blanc , Jiyulie Resident , Kayla Woodrunner , Sandie Lanley , namie Teardrop , MsMagick Resident , Keitha Ildor , Sesen Wingtips , BellaDonna Starflare , LyricaBlues Resident , fabioazevedo Oh , Beryl Landar , Rebekah Blitzstein , Ace243 Datura , Jhanelle Bonde , Unr34lity Resident , Primrose Nichols , Deidra Loring , Sabanna Moonshadow , effieduck Resident , KrystalClearly Resident , TasiaAmberRaeNaylise Resident , Jolita Korobase , Ancasta Resident , Larainia Resident , Luckylady Llewellyn , Izo Ryba , BessTudor Resident , wildblueviolet Sunset
12-18-2011, 07:55 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2011 08:07 AM by Khea Karas.)
RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs
Awesome work Saga..thanks for the resources Smile
Vote to Sticky

[Image: v9rl.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-18-2011, 08:24 AM
Thank you very much Saga, this is great!! Smile
12-18-2011, 10:34 AM
I sent you my list inworld with some comments. Wink
12-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Wow thank you that is so convenient certainly with all these new furs!

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

12-18-2011, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2011 02:05 PM by Nenya Eun.)
Thanks Saga ! Heart

Co-owner of TraitS R uS
[Image: bannieretrupetite.png]
Friendly KittyCatS market & auction site. French, English, Spanish, Dutch, German spoken
 Thanks given by: davidtoto Resident
12-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Thanks to everyone who has sent me comments on these lists, and most of all to those who have sent corrections and further info!

In some odd way, I LOVE to have my info proven wrong - since that means I get wiser ;-) So if you think you see a mistake, please contact me.

Many did already, and some of the stuff has been very helpfull. Ody.Splash was listed way too recessive, Blue & White Tabby was not listed at all, and same goes for many more little corrections that I make as they come in.
Now, while any info is of course helpful, don't expect me to re-make all my work because someone messages me and writes "I once had a Bengal Snow that always gave Red Tabby, so surely the Red Tabby hide behind Bengal Snow!".... Sorry, no... I need to see proof if what you write seems somewhat unlikely to me ;-)

So, what is "Proof"? 100% proof comes from two cats with the same coat or trait that gets a kitten with a different coat or trait than the parents.
Example:
Fur: Genesis - Smokey
Eyes: Odyssey Fire & Rain (Shape: Curious | Pupil: Small)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Genesis
Ears: Curious
Whiskers: Silver (Shape: Mysterious)

MOM:
Fur: Burmese - Champagne
Eyes: Morning Dew (Shape: Curious | Pupil: Big)
Whiskers: Silver (Shape: Plush)

DAD:
Fur: Genesis - Smokey
Eyes: Morning Dew (Shape: Curious | Pupil: Big)
Whiskers: Silver (Shape: Mysterious)

Here, you see two cats with Morning Dew eyes got a kitten that had Odyssey Fire & Rain. -This means with 100% certainty that Ody. Fire & Rain has been hiding BEHIND the Morning Dew, and hence the Morning Dew is dominant to the Fire & Rain - As we know that the shown traits is always more dominant than the one that hides behind.

THIS kind of proof is the only kind that is 100% certain.

Sometimes, I have based certain facts on less-than-100%-certain proof. This happens if for example someone mates a Siamese Seal with an Ocicat Tawny and gets a White Russian. -With all that I know already, there is NO way that that White Russian can have hidden behind the Ocicat Tawny - hence, this proves (just as good as 100%) that White Russian can hide behind Siamese Seal, and hence that Siamese Seal is dominant to White Russian.
At rare occasions, people whom I KNOW to have a good understanding of KittyCatS "genetics" have written to me with fairly "far-out" proof that took a lot of pedigree-studying to be sure of - but if properly presented, even that might work Smile

So, this is the best way to approach it. -But that doesn't mean that nothing else is helpful. Someone wrote to me "I think you placed Ody.Splash as too recessive on your list", and since I got next to no "real" info about Ody.Splash, and can't prove them wrong (and besides, I think they are right), I corrected it based on just this comment.

So - with this, I challenge you all: Go out and prove me wrong! -I'd LOVE if if you did *grins* There is NO way I could have collected all this info all by myself anyway, and there is NO way I can keep it updated all by myself, either. So while my name may be on the lists, this is actually quite a community-project.

Have fun! Smile

Saga
 Thanks given by: Marisa Starbrook , Aiyana Nirvana , Bea Shamrock , Wytchie Resident , RoxonAve Resident
12-19-2011, 03:03 AM
First to thanks in saga for this miraculous and helpful work.

but...

Maybe it lies in it that i am a man and in addition still German, i do not understand everything...

But I do not look though really as I could breed with the help of the table.
Is 18K-gold and Mocha called now I composes higher chances on azure has if its hidden, or Should one not compose to azure with Mocha or 18K?

Now I am confused a little.... *runs circle in the rug*

Thanks given by: Maiuro Resident
12-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Hi Mr. Gloom

I am sorry, but I am not sure I understand all you write Confused -But one of the things you ask is "Should one not compose to azure with Mocha or 18K?" - and to that, I can just say that you can of course combine ANY eyes you like! My list is just meant to help you determine what might hide behind what, and help you find out what to breed with if you want certain traits to show. If you want Azure to show, it should be fairly simple, as it is very dominant. That, however, also means that if you want most other eye colours to show, Azure would not be the smartest thing to breed them with. (Unless the Azure-eyed cat has some other desirable eye colour hiding, and you're willing to "only" get the result you want about 50% of the time, of course Wink)

If my answer doesn't help a bit, maybe try contact me in SL - in German, if need be. -Even if I do not understand all of it, I know some people who might be able to translate.

Saga
 Thanks given by: Aiyana Nirvana , Wytchie Resident
12-20-2011, 03:17 AM
A lot of work went into this, very appreciated. Thanks for sharing. <3

Adorable Pets a KittyCatS Breedable Market, Auctions, Bid Boards, Love Shacks

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)