Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs
11-06-2013, 06:38 AM
RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs
Hey guys,
I bred my 2 tapestry harvest eyed babies and their first baby gave me a tapestry allure. I'm wondering if Allure is more dom? and obviously one of the parents must be hiding it Smile
and both sets of grand parents have all genesis traits.
Mom:
Silly SpOOkS! - Skelebow

Fur: Genesis - Smokey III
Eyes: Tapestry Harvest (Curious|Big)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Genesis
Ears: Genesis
Whiskers: 2 Tone Black & White (Guitar)

Size: Bigger de Big

DAD:
SuperCatS! - Captain Invincible

Fur: American Shorthair - Blue & White Tabby
Whiskers: Silver (Guitar)

BABY:

Fur: Siamese - Seal
Eyes: Tapestry Allure (Curious|Big)

Size: Normal

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: dreampoetz_Resident]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2013, 08:34 AM
(11-06-2013 06:38 AM)dreampoetz Resident Wrote:  Hey guys,
I bred my 2 tapestry harvest eyed babies and their first baby gave me a tapestry allure. I'm wondering if Allure is more dom? and obviously one of the parents must be hiding it Smile
and both sets of grand parents have all genesis traits.
Mom:
Silly SpOOkS! - Skelebow

Fur: Genesis - Smokey III
Whiskers: 2 Tone Black & White (Guitar)

DAD:
SuperCatS! - Captain Invincible

Fur: American Shorthair - Blue & White Tabby

BABY:

Fur: Siamese - Seal
Eyes: Tapestry Allure (Curious|Big)

Size: Normal

Whenever you breed two of the same trait together and they give a different trait, it will always be recessive to the original trait. This is best solid proof that a trait is recessive to another, by breeding two together and then getting a new trait. So in this case, Tap Allure is recessive to Tap Harvest. Wink

[Image: v9rl.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-22-2013, 01:07 PM
****** Current Info on New Traits from Halloween -- all inputs received have been included in these. If you have further proof, please send notecards to Liriel Garnet with screenshots or gyazo links to screenshots of the pedi's .. thanks!

Eyes:
Tapestry Harvest > Tapestry Allure
Gerbera Orange > Tapestry Reef > Jade
Morning Glory > Exotic Treasure > Light Wash
Exotic Seas *** No Info
Ody Bellini > Grotto **need second proof before posting new most recessive

Furs:
Chateau Slate & White #1 > Bali Seal
Foxie Red Mask > Aby Black/Silver *may be dom to Russ Black, but...
Tabby - Brown & White Patch > Cream & White Tabby
Bengal - Black *** No Info
Pandie - Platinum *** No Info

Whisker Color:
Dark Chocolate >Latte

Kitty Kollege Pawfessor, Kitty Kottage
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Is.../69/224/22
 Thanks given by: Aryala1 Resident
12-09-2013, 04:58 PM
Hello! I have bred my Brown & White Patch tabby girl to Bali Seal Lynx and I got a Seal Lynx kitten? Mum of B&W patch was Chocolate Ocicat with Seal LYnx in background, and dad Superdude. The B&W patch was bred to Bali Seal Lynx with all Seal Lynx background. Does this mean chocolate ocicat grandma hid bali seal and passed on to B&W patch who threw the hidden? Because from reading other posts here, it doesn't seem like Brown & White Patch is recessive to Bali Seal. Is there a good chance I will get a B&W patch kitten next time from this pair?
12-09-2013, 06:19 PM
Brown and White Patch is dominant to Seal Lynx, any offspring of the Brown and White Patch showing Seal Lynx would have _no_ change to carry Brown And White Patch.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-10-2013, 02:14 AM
Your observations are correct Astrid.
Also as Seal Lynx is a retired trait, then SuperDude dad must be hiding a more recessive fur, which that Seal Lynx OS will also be hiding and with some back breeding you can reveal it ; who knows it may be one of the new recessives ! \o/

Your Brown & White Patch girl should also give you her shown pretty soon as recessives have less chance of passing than showns.

Good lucy with your efforts Smile
02-09-2014, 06:14 AM
The "Trait-talk Transcript", the "KittyCatS Basics - for beginners" and the "Facts about KittyCatS Traits" are now all updated so they don't appear as if we're still in 2012 ;-)

(For those that never knew these are also in my Google docs collection - yes they are, and always has been. Try and use the link to the collection instead of directly to the charts Wink)

-Saga

Saga's Google Docs - Click here
02-20-2014, 04:25 PM
(09-23-2013 11:41 AM)Liriel Garnet Wrote:  *bumps with a note*

Royal Sapphire eyes and Foxie Soft Black fur have now been definitively placed! thanks to everyone that has helped with these!!!!

what do you suggest i breed a sapphire eye with to give me best results at getting the sapphire eye?
Thank you Smile

Posh
[Image: 90fd9561-d0f9-4059-a7eb-460f4b34671d_zps9ff2614f.jpg]
02-26-2014, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2014 01:54 PM by Saga Felix.)
Hey all - this is from another thread I posted in, but I figured it would be relevant to post it here too:

(02-24-2014 11:28 PM)Zevara Resident Wrote:  Regarding the Saga docs...
It's everyone's responsibility to send in the information that they find regarding trait recessiveness, and it does not fall solely on those who manage the documents. They can only update them as quickly as they gain information.

Very well said, Zevara - could not have put it better myself Smile

Every time there's en influx of new traits, I see people breeding out a new fur or trait and then asking "Where is this fur on the dominance charts? WHY is it not there yet?"

The answer is simple: Because YOU did not send in the info that YOU have... and no one else did either.

I will yet again remind you that the charts may bear my name, and already years ago I had to give up on mentioning EVERY contributor's name on the charts themselves (I tried - it got way too long...), but they are a community project that exists only because hundreds of people sent in the proof that they found. With no contributions, the charts are NOTHING.... Nothing at all. Completely and utterly worthless.

This does not mean that you should send a notecard every time you breed out anything - but if it PROVES anything, then it is very important.
If you are in doubt what is proof and what isn't, ask in KC chat, go to classes, ask people in the community. Myself and Liriel are NOT the only people who knows stuff, many people know Smile
You can use Gyazo or whatever to take a screen-dump of your pedigree and ask in KC Addicts chat "Hey, anyone knows if this proves anything? Should I sent it in for the charts?" - not only will many know how to answer your question, but chances are that both you and others will learn something from it, too :-)

Then when you know you have a proof, send it to Liriel Garnet - the more detailed the better. Don't send a pedigree with no comments - send a pedigree with a comment like "Hey, I believe this proves this-and-that because something-something" or "This cat Fluffy shows this-and-that which I believe proves that his mom Bertha hides something-something, which came from her dad the Starter Cat and proves that something-something" - BE SPECIFIC - it eases the workload a great deal when chewing through tons of pedigrees to update those darned charts for you all :-)

Last but not least, I will yet again remind everyone that Liriel Garnet manages the charts now, not me. So do not send me info unless you are completely unable to get a hold of Liriel for days.

Happy breeding, everyone <3

-Saga

Saga's Google Docs - Click here
02-27-2014, 09:21 AM
I do not know if this will help or not, but I was gifted with the new eye "Odyssey Skyline" after breeding my first starter with an Odyssey Bellini. If i am understanding the threads that I have read correctly, this would mean that this new eye is more dominant than Odyssey Bellini?

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)