Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Question about older collectibles?
03-30-2015, 10:14 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2015 10:15 AM by Devilness Chant.)
Question about older collectibles?
This question was asked a long time ago and I can't remember the answer. Sorry to ask again. Blush

I've been buying older collectibles that I miss dearly and some that I missed while I was gone. I know they're gen kitties underneath that hide other traits.

My questions are...1 Do they possibly hide the newer traits that are out now? Or the possible traits that came out at the time of the collections?

2 Are the kitties hidden traits determined at the time when the box is dropped in world? Or at the time it's birthed?

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2015, 11:01 AM
RE: Question about older collectibles?
(03-30-2015 10:14 AM)Devilness Chant Wrote:  This question was asked a long time ago and I can't remember the answer. Sorry to ask again. Blush

I've been buying older collectibles that I miss dearly and some that I missed while I was gone. I know they're gen kitties underneath that hide other traits.

My questions are...1 Do they possibly hide the newer traits that are out now? Or the possible traits that came out at the time of the collections?

2 Are the kitties hidden traits determined at the time when the box is dropped in world? Or at the time it's birthed?

I think they hide the newer traits out now, I think they're determined when they're birthed. I'm pretty sure that came up at a Q&A last month.

~Daisy

[Image: Idle%20Daisy_zpsutbwp4me.png]
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Pa...161/186/21
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant
03-30-2015, 11:50 AM
Hi !

They might be hiding the traits of the moment they are rezzed inworld.

Hikari Smile

03-30-2015, 01:33 PM
If they are a box, they hide whatever traits were available when that box was first rezzed inworld for the very first time. If they are still in a vendor unboxed, they will have whatever traits are available when you first rezz that box.

Yes, some people do have the store packages of collectibles stashed away in their inventories, un-rezzed. I know I have a few.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Brunabug Nightfire , Devilness Chant
03-30-2015, 04:25 PM
So, if I take a box out so that I can move it to the cattery,but do not birth it, does that count as "rezzing" and cause the traits to be fixed? if so, does that mean it just has to stay in in-world inventory?

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Oselkhandro_Resident]
03-30-2015, 04:36 PM
I believe if you see the red words that float on top of the box that says connecting to server or loading....something like that, then at that moment it is gathering all the trait information for that cat. (shown and hiddens). So if that was seen when the cat was first purchased directly from KittyCatS! then it will only have access to the traits that were available when it was loaded.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

~ BreeAnn (Brunabug Nightfire)
Direct link to SAGA Dominance Charts folder
Direct link to SAGA FAQ
Feel free to pass Proofs to me - I will be sure to get them added to the To Do List for SAGA.
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Devilness Chant
03-30-2015, 08:13 PM
Oselkhandro Wrote:So, if I take a box out so that I can move it to the cattery,but do not birth it, does that count as "rezzing" and cause the traits to be fixed? if so, does that mean it just has to stay in in-world inventory?

If you already see a box, it's either already loaded or busy loading. If you rezz it to put it in Cattery, then it is already loaded or busy loading.

Because of issues arising from the use of the word "box", I've uploaded a picture.

[Image: 9uybf4.jpg]

On the left we see some standard kitty collectible boxes. They are already loaded. In fact if you Right-click the boxes and choose Inspect, and then Details, it will tell you the date on which the box was created, which ought to be the same date on which its traits were loaded.

On the right-hand side of the picture, we see an egg. This is the vendor package for The Easter Kitties of 2014, the Baby Bunnies (the ones in pjs). Inside of this vendor package is a kitty box, but it has never seen the light of day. It has never been rezzed and moved into Cattery. It has never been rezzed at all. It has sat INSIDE the package in my inventory.

Okay, you may ask, which one of the Baby Bunnies is it?

I. Don't. Know. Because it has never been rezzed.
I know that it's a boy - because I bought it from a boy vendor, and it is marked as such. But I don't know what its traits are.
It does not know what its traits are.
Headquarters does not know what its traits are.
Because it has never been rezzed and the traits are not yet loaded.

Now I must urge you to only purchase vendor packages from reputable sellers and people that you trust, because the vendor package is a package, and ah... SL is full of mischief and fraud.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant , Brunabug Nightfire , Illuminatra Resident , Oselkhandro Resident , RoxonAve Resident , Sandie Lanley
03-30-2015, 09:36 PM
Thank you for your answers and help. Smile

I mostly bought them for the costumes in the hopes that someday KC would have a sale on permas like they did looooooong ago.

Since they probably don't have newer traits, they'll stay in boxes in my cattery till I hit the lottery and can buy all the permas for them. lol

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
03-31-2015, 07:08 AM
Yeah.

Ya'know, maybe they'd 'sell' more pet kits if they did a jewel trade-in offer?

"All this, for the low, low price of just ONE JEWEL!!!"

"But WAIT! There's more!"

"Act within the next ten minutes and we'll DOUBLE the offer! That's right. for a limited time you get TWO pet kits for the low, low, price of just ONE JEWEL!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Devilness Chant , Illuminatra Resident , Oselkhandro Resident , Eurydice Barzane

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)