Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Confused / help
12-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Confused / help
I get confused on what a hidden trait could be when a Genesis cat is a parent. Can't they throw any fur trait? See example what would be my new kitten's hidden trait?    
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2014, 03:00 PM
RE: Confused / help
A starter shows a genesis fur, and hides a non-genesis fur.

The hidden fur can be any of the current non-genesis furs.

The hidden fur is set when the kitten box first appears in-world or in the cattery. Once set, it never changes.

In your case, Big Foot can hide Tapestry Harvest or any other fur recessive to Tapestry Harvest. Big Foot can not be hiding and fur dominant to Tapestry Harvest (otherwise the offspring would show that instead of Tapestry Harvest). Refer to Saga's charts to see what the possibilities are.

The offspring is a boy. Had it been a girl, it could breed back to her father, Big Foot, for 50% odds of Genesis Flame IV, 25% odds of Tapestry Harvest, and 25% odds of Big Foot's (and her) recessive (which could be Tapestry Harvest but is probably something more recessive).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Zoe Upshaw , brittanybelike Resident
12-20-2014, 08:31 PM
(12-10-2014 03:00 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  A starter shows a genesis fur, and hides a non-genesis fur.

The hidden fur can be any of the current non-genesis furs.

The hidden fur is set when the kitten box first appears in-world or in the cattery. Once set, it never changes.

In your case, Big Foot can hide Tapestry Harvest or any other fur recessive to Tapestry Harvest. Big Foot can not be hiding and fur dominant to Tapestry Harvest (otherwise the offspring would show that instead of Tapestry Harvest). Refer to Saga's charts to see what the possibilities are.

The offspring is a boy. Had it been a girl, it could breed back to her father, Big Foot, for 50% odds of Genesis Flame IV, 25% odds of Tapestry Harvest, and 25% odds of Big Foot's (and her) recessive (which could be Tapestry Harvest but is probably something more recessive).
Correction? Tapestry harvest is not a fur! Tad, you okay?
I'm thinking, the Bengal sorrel fur is so matchy-matchy with the kitten's eye color, that Tad substituted the words, and he meant bengal sorrel when he said Tapestry ... and said "fur" when he meant "eye," in referring to Tap Harvest.

Teacup baby is showing Bengal Sorrel Fur (the hidden fur of Big foot) , and hiding a hidden fur that comes from Mom, most likely Foxie Salt & Pepper mask. If Mom hides another fur, that could be hidden instead. but ... Teacup baby is hiding only one fur (Salty or better).

The new born kitten is hiding an eye color from Big Foot -- could be tapestry harvest, or could be more recessive than TH.

Starters are not guaranteed to hide any Shade other than Natural, but Big Foot gave Illume Shade to his baby, so that's great!

I think you lucked out with your starter -- he gave you a pretty combination of fur and eye colors.
Find all posts by this user
12-21-2014, 08:14 AM
The FAQ gives the complete set of what a starter can show and which traits can hide starter traits and which cannot.

Yeah, replace fur with eyes. I'd edit the post but it's quoted in the reply so no point.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)