Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

New Fur More Recessive, Australian Mist - Blue Marble
12-12-2014, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2014 03:43 PM by Ivy Norsk.)
RE: New Fur More Recessive, Australian Mist - Blue Marble
I'll walk through it. It may be good for a variety of people on the board who recently joined, and it's timely since we are expecting new LE starters VERY soon.
The basic principle at work here is that the Shown Fur on a Cat is Always Equal to or More Dominant than the hidden fur.
Or put the other way, the Hidden Fur on a Cat is Always Equal to or More Recessive than the shown fur.

Evidence 1 is not necessary but introduces us to the main character.

The Monster Mash is hiding a fur. All the LE starters hide a fur.
Fabio mated the Monster with a recessive fur (but not Most-Recessive fur) a foxie salt and pepper. It could be pure foxie s&p or it could hide something More Recessive.
The baby is Peaches, who is the heroine of our story.
Peaches is foxie salt and pepper and can hide foxie salt and pepper or something More Recessive. We do not know at this point in the pedigrees where her foxie s&p came from - it could be the dad (obvious choice) or it could be the Monster.

Evidence 2 shows the same thing as Evidence 1 plus adds another side to the family and carries the story onwards.

An Aby Dark Chocolate named Poison's mates with a Foxie S&P and produces an Aby Dark Chocolate, named 9T... .
This cat is, because of timing, almost certainly Aby Dark Chocolate pure (because before the Halloween scarecrows there was nothing known to be More Recessive than Aby DarkChoc) but for the sake of purity let us simply say that 9T AbDrk,Beli is showing Aby Dark Chocolate fur and hiding Aby DarkC or More Recessive.
This cat mates with our heroine Peaches and produces Mead who is Not a Foxie S&P which is the more dominant of the 2 furs, but another Aby Dark Chocolate child. With this information we can be more specific about Peaches' information: she is hiding Aby Dark Chocolate or More Recessive. At this point, we can figure that Mead is possibly Aby Dark Chocolate pure, having gotten that fur from both his mom or his dad, OR is showing Aby Dark Chocolate from the dad, and is hiding something EVEN MORE RECESSIVE from Peaches his mom. The most likely outcome that people would expect would be Aby Dark Chocolate pure.

Evidence 3 shows the backbreed between Mead and his mother Peaches, to try to get both to throw their hidden fur together (if Mead isn't all aby dkchoc pure).

And voila, we do Not get an Aby Dark Chocolate. We get an entirely new fur, the Australian Mist - Blue Marble, which MUST be More Recessive than the Aby Dark Chocolate, because it hid underneath it on Mead.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley , anna Acanthus , fabioazevedo Oh , Ryanna Enfield , Charmayne Brentley , Eurydice Barzane , brittanybelike Resident , Lixy Byron , Vrem Vaniva
12-12-2014, 06:06 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2014 06:07 PM by Dimpz Morane.)
Thank you for writing a clear and concise explanation/tutorial, which I am sure will be of help to many new members.
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , anna Acanthus , fabioazevedo Oh
12-13-2014, 08:23 AM
(12-12-2014 03:41 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  I'll walk through it. It may be good for a variety of people on the board who recently joined, and it's timely since we are expecting new LE starters VERY soon.
The basic principle at work here is that the Shown Fur on a Cat is Always Equal to or More Dominant than the hidden fur.
Or put the other way, the Hidden Fur on a Cat is Always Equal to or More Recessive than the shown fur.

Fabio mated the Monster with a recessive fur (but not Most-Recessive fur) a foxie salt and pepper. It could be pure foxie s&p or it could hide something More Recessive.
Peaches is foxie salt and pepper and can hide foxie salt and pepper or something More Recessive. We do not know at this point in the pedigrees where her foxie s&p came from - it could be the dad (obvious choice) or it could be the Monster.

Evidence 2 shows the same thing as Evidence 1 plus adds another side to the family and carries the story onwards.

An Aby Dark Chocolate named Poison's mates with a Foxie S&P and produces an Aby Dark Chocolate, named 9T... .
This cat is, because of timing, almost certainly Aby Dark Chocolate pure (because before the Halloween scarecrows there was nothing known to be More Recessive than Aby DarkChoc) but for the sake of purity let us simply say that 9T AbDrk,Beli is showing Aby Dark Chocolate fur and hiding Aby DarkC or More Recessive.
This cat mates with our heroine Peaches and produces Mead who is Not a Foxie S&P which is the more dominant of the 2 furs, but another Aby Dark Chocolate child. With this information we can be more specific about Peaches' information: she is hiding Aby Dark Chocolate or More Recessive. At this point, we can figure that Mead is possibly Aby Dark Chocolate pure, having gotten that fur from both his mom or his dad, OR is showing Aby Dark Chocolate from the dad, and is hiding something EVEN MORE RECESSIVE from Peaches his mom. The most likely outcome that people would expect would be Aby Dark Chocolate pure.

Evidence 3 shows the backbreed between Mead and his mother Peaches, to try to get both to throw their hidden fur together (if Mead isn't all aby dkchoc pure).

And voila, we do Not get an Aby Dark Chocolate. We get an entirely new fur, the Australian Mist - Blue Marble, which MUST be More Recessive than the Aby Dark Chocolate, because it hid underneath it on Mead.

such a sweet explanation, and smooth. I was impressed.

thank Ivy. I could not write something so sweet, as you did.

I have great difficulties with my translator.

lots of thanks.

Store: TooAdorable
Blog: Mr.Cat - breeding, market and classes
Link: http://mrcat-kitty.blogspot.com.br/
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , brittanybelike Resident
12-18-2014, 04:37 AM
I've been breeding kittycats for over 2 years now and I still need the occasional refresher course in certain aspects of breeding. Your explanation of how Fabio worked out what was his kitties was really useful. Thanks so much, Ivy!

(12-12-2014 03:41 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  I'll walk through it. It may be good for a variety of people on the board who recently joined, and it's timely since we are expecting new LE starters VERY soon.

Thanks given by: brittanybelike Resident
12-18-2014, 09:02 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2014 09:08 PM by Malayaa Resident.)
Hi, Fabao asked me to post my proof also, I was fortunate enough to get the fur, although my starter also blessed me with fire eyes ha ha Smile

This is Cara Scarecrow starter and her 9 babies so far (number 9 is another gen diamond which is too far down to see). Paired Cara the starter with a siamese tortie and got Bubbles, a siamese tortie. Then put Cara with an Aby Dark Chocolate and got Aby Dark Chocolate back.

[Image: Pedigree1BlueMist.png]

Then tried to make a boy hiding unknown fur so I could breed back to the starter, and failed miserably. However I put Bubbles the siamese tortie hiding fur X from Cara with an aby dark chocolate Dark Magic, and got Hogan an aby dark boy that I knew was hiding fur X from Cara/Bubbles. Put grandson Hogan aby dark with starter Cara and got Josiah the Aussie blue mist.

[Image: BlueMist2.png]
p.s. the unknown fur X from Cara could have also turned out to be Abyssinian Dark Chocolate and not Aussie Blue Mist. fortunately that was not the case (this time!)

Mal's MegaCatz Too Adorable
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Malayaa_Resident]
 Thanks given by: fabioazevedo Oh , Lixy Byron , Vrem Vaniva , Ivy Norsk , Eurydice Barzane
12-19-2014, 04:22 AM
Mine Proof too! :-)
Here we are!
This is the long story of the breedings of my Monster Mash Boo Boo Beast! (the first time i let the name as in the Collection!) with the hidden Australian Mist Blue Marble fur!

the first breed of this Boo-Hoo Beast was with another Monster Mash and had a Siamese Lilac..

The second breed was with Frazziwiglia, a Bali Seal with Jade and Ody Frazzywave whiskers.. and the box i had was a Balinese - Seal Lynx with Odyssey Cognac Moon, and Boo Boo whiskers
[Image: cf822641a8205bc6b014759fa5792e94_zpsb912f097.png]

Third one was with Lovegirl, a Foxie Salt & Pepper with Ody Bellini a frisky tail that was a Swanky hiden probabily, Vampire ears, Blonde and curious whiskers
and had back a Snowshoe Cream with a Sassy tail and Rounded ears
(yes, you see right. I've (wrongly!!) menageried the box and i'm still banging my head against the edge of the marble table in the living room..)
[Image: e96ee0a1cf3a96111feb4de51077882f_zpsca4d50ba.png]

the 4th was with Lattepeppera a Salt & Pepper with Rainbow Prism, Latte and Plush whiskers and had back a Salt & Pepper, Odyssey Cognac Moon and Plush whiskers. Birthed that cat Smile and called her Mata Hari Wink
[Image: 0f4b635d7e16179c59c34005dc7812de_zpsa0d7f731.png]

Waiting for Mata Hari , the Monster Mash bred with Torica, a Siamese Choco Tortie with Key Lime, Puff and Soft Curl and Black Whiskers.. and gave me a Siamese Chocolate Tortie with Odyssey Cognac Moon, Rounded ears, and 2tone Black & White Whiskers..
[Image: ff969cc0b775746d087e66af0117c123_zps656db6e5.png]

When Mata Hari was read though to put her and the dad with 2 Aby Dark Chocolate.. so Mata Hari bred with Sir Espresso, an Abyssinian Dark Chocolate and gave me back the Aby Dark Choco!
(that birthed! and called Susie Monster)
[Image: 01a659ba32e1862ac681e6c420f0f91a_zps13c3eb7d.png]

And the Monster Mash bred with Arundhati, an Aby Dark Chocolate with Strawberry Bellini and gave a cutie Aby Dark Chocolate, with Odyssey Cognac Moon and Rounded ears, that birthed and is called Rocket Smile
[Image: 7ad46009b0e3600454b42f83f150247f_zpscb4e5f8a.png]

And finally Monster Mash bred with her daughter (erm..) Mata Hari and gave me this cute Australian Mist - Blue Marble (that me, with all my fantasy and creativity, called him Blue Marble.. (but only because with a quick search on Google discovered that Blue Marble is a famous photograph of the Earth, taken on December 7, 1972, by the crew of the Apollo 17 spacecraft, at a distance of about 45,000 kilometers (28,000 mi) Smile
They were a little bit greedy because the eyes are the Genesis Meadow, that have to admit are pretty cute on this fur, but with a sweet Soft Fold ears Smile oh! and BooBoo whiskers!
[Image: 61865c0eea073b7b84a3236025de8d76_zps666d1629.png]
 Thanks given by: fabioazevedo Oh , brittanybelike Resident , Vrem Vaniva , Ivy Norsk , Eurydice Barzane
12-21-2014, 08:23 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2014 08:25 PM by Vrem Vaniva.)
Wow, I'm loving this "insider's peek" into the breeding-out of the most recessive known fur Smile Thank you everyone for your narrative and pictorial explanations.,

Oh and! -- I just noticed that purple monster is a teacup, lixy. Just imagine if you had saved him for resale because of his size, being more valuable and all. I am glad you bred him instead!
 Thanks given by: fabioazevedo Oh

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)