Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

[The KittyBox] - KittyCat$ Calculator! - Online & Available!
08-11-2014, 11:37 AM
RE: KittyCat$ Calculator! - Online & Available!
(08-09-2014 08:49 PM)Theodore Nacht Wrote:  Do you have a system/schedule by which you maintain the pricing database? Do they take into account all the kitty markets? (Keeping in mind that what something is set out for in a shop is not necessarily the price it sells at.) Auction prices? Bid boards? This sounds like it could be invaluable, but I'm curious as to how up to date and complete the info provided is.

Hello Theodore,

Thank you for your question, first of all the traits are updated weekly by myself, a team of 20 ppl send in their information on the value of each trait, from this value I make a global which is the value of that trait.
Hereby I visit almost every auction to see at which value each kitten is going away, till now the prices the calculator creates are always very near to the end result which the calculator result into.

I know that some ppl are overpricing or underpricing their kitten based on the traits, some of the breeders (mostly beginning breeders) count the traits and just add 50 or 100 per trait, which imo isn't the right value of a kitten.

Last I saw an Aby Dark Choco going for 350 L (7Traits)
So the owner/breeder of that cat didn't knew the latest fur is the Aby dark and the value is way over what the cat was priced.

In the calculator each trait is counted separately, so if the fur is for example genesis, it will be reducted from a 9T kitten (9*50 = 450 - 50 genesis fur = 400)

But if the trait is lets say (This is just an example, exact prices changes too often) Aby it will add 5k to the fur only; so based on the calculation: (8*50 for normal traits + [in this example] 5k for the newest trait = 5400)

Remember that the calculator is solely a baseline on prices, it helps out beginning breeders to not underprice or overprice their kittens.

The KittyBox
  • Create your forum signature!
  • KittyCat$ Calculator
[Image: Script_Hyun.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: KittyCat$ Calculator! - Online & Available! - Script Hyun - 08-11-2014 11:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)