Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Closed 
Return of the Drop Bug **IMPORTANT**
03-31-2015, 07:03 AM
RE: Return of the Drop Bug **IMPORTANT**
For some time now, people have been suggesting that the web site needs a bit of care and attention. It's basically unchanged over four years. Heck, we still have that huge, echoing, empty hallway leading nowhere for the Beta testers to talk about the issues they're seeing while testing.

But, to my mind, the persistent inability of newcomers to see the Support button, and realize its meaning, speaks loudest to the need to redesign the site.

One has to ask: why do so many newcomers have this issue? The answer is simple. It's not that they don't think they can get help; obviously they do. It's that the visual design of the site is so poor that, without prior knowledge of the meaning and intent of the interface elements, maybe after a few minutes poking around here and there, they give up and go to the first place where it looks like they can get help.

This is an extremely common error. KittyCatS is in good company, with their vague and intimidating front-page design. Many of the best-know web sites in the world suffer from the same problem.

But, since it's becoming obvious that any major redesign, especially one improving the initial experience, will be a very long time coming, the best suggestion I have would be to dedicate the very top-most threads of the very top-most forum section to problems, bugs and errors. This involves some relatively simple configuration changes to the forum, rather than the much-needed, but expensive (in time and effort) redesign research-and-design effort which the site truly needs.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Ryanna Enfield
04-01-2015, 07:51 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2015 08:12 PM by Shamu077 Resident.)
(03-31-2015 07:03 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  But, to my mind, the persistent inability of newcomers to see the Support button, and realize its meaning, speaks loudest to the need to redesign the site.

Here's something I bet you didn't realize - and it explains why so many lost cat questions comes right to this thread.

When you DO press the Support button, it tells you to come to this thread!!

Filling a ticket because you LOST YOUR CAT WHEN TRYING TO DROP OR DETACH?

Please read our forum post for a workaround for this SL bug:

http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.php?tid=14995

Thank you!

UnQuote

So really newcomers are just following the KC confusing instructions.

Telling them to file a support ticket first, in the File a Support Ticket section, would be more useful. But they have decided it is less work for Tad to tell the newcomers that in this thread.

Smile Smile
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk
04-02-2015, 06:10 AM
Oh, geez.
06-21-2015, 04:50 PM
Hello

I am a problem i buy food for my cats but when rezz no have nothing
This is my ticket of i really buy this food

Fecha/Hora Prefijo de ID Detalle Débito Crédito Saldo final
2015-06-20 09:18:54 bac97525 Destination: KittyCatsBiz Resident
Pago
Región: KittyCats
Descripción: KittyCatS! ~ Kitty Kibble Food L$170

I hope this is correct for send me the food.

Thank you so much

nenoneno24
06-21-2015, 06:13 PM
(06-21-2015 04:50 PM)nenoneno24 Resident Wrote:  Hello

I am a problem i buy food for my cats but when rezz no have nothing
This is my ticket of i really buy this food

Fecha/Hora Prefijo de ID Detalle Débito Crédito Saldo final
2015-06-20 09:18:54 bac97525 Destination: KittyCatsBiz Resident
Pago
Región: KittyCats
Descripción: KittyCatS! ~ Kitty Kibble Food L$170

I hope this is correct for send me the food.

Thank you so much

nenoneno24

Go to the support tab above this screen between Forum and My Account.
Directly under the pictures of KittyCatS heads.
Click it and file your info there so they can find your food.
Good luck.

[Image: DERKITTEHMILLlogosmallest.jpg]

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nykus/54/231/24/

Soylent Green is KitteH!
07-24-2015, 11:44 AM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2015 11:51 AM by Airis Sewell.)
Hola, acabo de mandar a mi gato al criadero, aqui les dejo los datos, espero que puedan ayudarme Un saludo!

Fur: Pandie - Ebony & Ivory
Eyes: Onyx (Mysterious|Small)
Shade: Flash
Tail: Genesis
Ears: Vampire
Whiskers: White (Mysterious)
Size: Normal
Breeder: Someone Else
Owner: Airis Sewell
ID:
eea3d5bc-c543-5787-ca13-3311abb15efe
Hola buenas, ayer compre un gato y no sabia como sacarlo, lo abri y saque todos los scripts q tenia copiandolos al inventario, se rompio el gato y me gustaria volver a tenerlo, espero que puedan ayudarme y recuperar a mi gato, a continuacion les dejo los datos del gato. Gracias!

Fur: Pandie - Ebony & Ivory
Eyes: Onyx (Mysterious|Small)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Genesis
Ears: Vampire
Whiskers: 2 Tone Black & White (Mysterious)
Size: Normal
Breeder: Someone Else
Owner: Airis Sewell
ID:
5594331e-4265-ec06-a870-d8879125bad9
07-25-2015, 05:12 AM
I have never had an issue with this bug because whenever I attach as normal before dropping the kittycats I always have my edit tool open and on the kitty so when I drop I still have a hold of it and it does not disappear. As a rule I always have my edit tool open before I take any no copy item from my inventory. Its a quick workaround to the various issues with Lag etc. Never had any loss this way. I have used both the official viewer and the latest firestorm viewer.

Dragana Realm

Life is nothing without my kitty's
08-06-2015, 12:33 AM
id=027c67f9-5cc4-9bfc-277c-d0032467ee47

Please return the cat
08-06-2015, 05:36 AM
(08-06-2015 12:33 AM)ayaka994 Resident Wrote:  id=027c67f9-5cc4-9bfc-277c-d0032467ee47

Please return the cat

Solved inworld. Smile
 Thanks given by: Lostime Resident
08-09-2015, 01:13 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2015 01:17 AM by Lostime Resident.)
(04-12-2014 10:49 PM)Kitten Longmeadow Wrote:  **Updated 5/23/14**

Hi all. It seems that the Drop bug that was plaguing us several months ago has once again re-surfaced. In regards to KittyCatS, this bug appears to be affecting the ability to Drop your cats after interacting with them via the menu, as well as possibly affecting cats that vanish randomly without reason while rezzed on land in SL. This bug is affecting other breedables as well. KittyCatS is doing what we can to let Linden Labs know that this bug is back and that it needs to be addressed.

Unfortunately this bug has caused many problems for our customers that like to Interact with their cats for fun and breeding purposes. To help minimize the loss of cats caused by this bug, we recommend that customers disable the cat's ability to walk and run, and not use the Cuddle/Hold/Lay/Walk interactions with their cats until further notice.

We realize that the walking animation and interactions are a large part of the appeal of KittyCatS for many, and we truly apologize for the inconvenience that this latest bug has caused in regards to your ability to enjoy your cats. Please be assured that we are working hard to try and find a solution to this problem, and that we will be in contact with Linden Labs to determine what has caused this issue and how it can be fixed.

We know that many of you use the Interactions to help with your breeding programs and that this bug has also interfered with your ability to breed normally. If you MUST Cuddle/Hold your cats to give them the Happiness/Love buff and you are having trouble Dropping your cats because the Drop option is greyed out, please try the following workaround:

1. Pick up the cat you want to cuddle and take it into your inventory.

2. Right click on the cat in your inventory and select "Attach To" and select one of the following:

- For Teacups and Toys, attach to the Left or Right Shoulders

- For Petite, Normal, and Bigger de Big cats age 7+, attach to the Chest or Right Forearm

(If your viewer supports multiple attachments to the same spot then your cats should all attach together)

3. When you are done cuddling, right click the cat in your arms and select "Drop".

This should be a viable workaround for the Dropping issue. Your cats may look a little funny attached to your avatar this way and you may get animation script errors, however the cats will still get the Happiness/Love buff, and you should not lose them when dropping. If you still cannot Drop the cat using this workaround, then use Detach and be advised that the cat could develop error text and may need to be retrieved by staff.

If you do end up losing your cats due to Dropping/Detaching, please go to our support website at http://kittycats.biz/support and file a ticket. If you are not registered on our website, you can do so by clicking the "Online Help" button on your cats' menu, or by using the web terminal in our main store lobby, located to the immediate right as you enter. Please be sure to include your cat's ID# (you can find this on your pedigree page at http://kittycats.biz/pedigree/.)

We apologize again for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience and support.

Your KittyCatS Team

Kitty should basically just put this in a thread, lock it and make it a sticky.
We have buggered this thread up with all our off topic chat.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)