Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

**IMPORTANT** Drop Bug Information
12-26-2013, 03:25 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2014 09:28 AM by Kitten Longmeadow.)
**IMPORTANT** Drop Bug Information
**UPDATED 5/28/2014**

The bug has made a return. Please see this thread for updated information: http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.php?tid=14995

**UPDATE - JAN. 4 2014**

Apparently the bug has been fixed. It seems that Linden Lab never noticed they created a bug, nor did they notice they solved it. But our testing is showing that cuddling cats via the menu and being able to Drop is working once again, so we feel ok saying that it should be safe to cuddle once again. Thanks for your patience as we worked through this! Smile

Hi all. About a month ago it seems there was a new bug introduced in SL. In regards to KittyCatS, this bug appears to be affecting the ability to Drop your cats after interacting with them via the menu, as well as possibly affecting cats that vanish randomly without reason while rezzed on land in SL. Other breedables have been affected by this bug as well. Linden Labs appears to be aware of this bug, however they cannot address it until after the holidays.

Unfortunately this bug has caused many problems for our customers that like to Interact with their cats for fun and breeding purposes. To help minimize the loss of cats caused by this bug, we recommend that customers disable the cat's ability to walk and run, and not use the Cuddle/Hold/Lay/Walk interactions with their cats until further notice.

We realize that the walking animation and interactions are a large part of the appeal of KittyCatS for many, and we truly apologize for the inconvenience that this latest bug has caused in regards to your ability to enjoy your cats. Please be assured that we are working hard to try and find a solution to this problem, and that we will be in contact with Linden Labs to determine what has caused this issue and how it can be fixed.

We know that many of you use the Interactions to help with your breeding programs and that this bug has also interfered with your ability to breed normally. If you MUST Cuddle/Hold your cats to give them the Happiness/Love buff and you are having trouble Dropping your cats because the Drop option is greyed out, please try the following workaround:

1. Pick up the cat you want to cuddle and take it into your inventory.

2. Right click on the cat in your inventory and select "Attach To" and select one of the following:

- For Teacups and Toys, attach to the Left or Right Shoulders

- For Petite, Normal, and Bigger de Big cats age 7+, attach to the Chest or Left Forearm

(If your viewer supports multiple attachments to the same spot then your cats should all attach together)

3. When you are done cuddling, Drop the cat.

This should be a viable workaround for the Dropping issue. Your cats may look a little funny attached to your avatar this way and you may get animation script errors, however the cats will still get the Happiness/Love buff, and you should not lose them when detaching. If you still cannot Drop, then use Detach and be advised that the cat may still disappear or develop error text and need to be replaced by staff.

If you do end up losing your cats due to Dropping/Detaching, please go to our support website at http://kittycats.biz/support and file a ticket. If you are not registered on our website, you can do so by clicking the "Online Help" button on your cats' menu, or by using the web terminal in our main store lobby, located to the immediate right as you enter. Please be sure to include your cat's ID# (you can find this on your pedigree page at http://kittycats.biz/pedigree/.)

We apologize again for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience and support.

Your KittyCatS Team

There's a sucker born every minute, and the stray cats know where we all live!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Nicola8 Resident , BelleMort Resident , Saxoni Fenstalker , Honeyhoneybee Resident , Adrienne Arliss , Kayleigh McMillan , Giggles82 Resident , Rala Huckleberry , dakillakm Resident , STRlNGS Resident , CatSoleil Bellecoeur , estherprynne74 Resident , JC Aferdita , anna Acanthus , Ginty Bachem , Elke Emsbury , Maxwell Grantly
12-26-2013, 03:33 AM
Heart RE: **IMPORTANT** Drop Bug Information
Thank you so much for letting us know! <3 I had this issue with my kitten Paper Doll, went to drop her and it was greyed even though we had 33 prims available for her. Luckily KittyCats! service was super fast as always and even though it was late Christmas Eve/early Christmas morning for some I was able to get her back in time for her to breed the prettiest mega ever. Thanks again for the best service on the grid!
 Thanks given by: Nicola8 Resident , Ginty Bachem
12-26-2013, 04:02 AM
RE: **IMPORTANT** Drop Bug Information
This happened to me 3 days ago picked Abby up to cuddle then when i went to drop her that option didn't highlight so i clicked detach then when to recive to get her she wasn't there spent all most an hour looking in my inventory couldn't find her so contacted group for help so i done the same as Miu and again i got her back on the same day.
12-26-2013, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2013 09:57 AM by KawaiiCat Resident.)
This is a translation of this important notice for Japanese customers.

**??** Drop????

????????????????? SL???????????????KittyCatS???????????????[Interact]??????????????????????????????[Drop]??????????????????Rez???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????​????????????????????????????????????????

?????????????????????????????????[Interect]????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????​?????????????????????????????????????????[Interect]???????Cuddle/Hold/Lay/Walk?????????????????????

?????Walk Animation???Interact???KittyCatS????????????????????????????????????????????????​????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????​

Interect???????????????????????????????Happiness/Love?????????Cuddle/Hold??????????????[Drop]??????????????????????????????????

???????????????????????????????????

??????????????????????????????????????????

-Teacup?Toy????Left???Right Shoulder?????????

-Petite?Normal????Bigger de Big???????????Chest???Right Forearm??????????
?????Right Forearm?????????????Left Forearm???***
????????????????????????????????????????????????

??Cuddle??????????[Detach]???????[Drop]???????????????????????!!!????????????????????????????????????[Detach]?????????[Drop]????????[Interact]??????Cuddle/Hold??????????

???Drop?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????​??????Happiness/Love?????[Detach]???????????????????

?????[Drop]?[Detach]?????????????KittyCatS???????????????????????????????????????????????????[Online Help]??????????????????????????[Web Terminal]????????????????????????????ID?????????(??ID??Pedigree?????????????????

?KittyCatS??????
? ??????? -- http://kittycats.biz/support
? Pedigree??? -- http://kittycats.biz/pedigree/

???????????????????????????????????????????

KittyCatS???
 Thanks given by: Kitten Longmeadow , JC Aferdita
12-29-2013, 12:01 PM
I have personally not had the bug at all, I've been able to pick up and put down kitties with no trouble. I did have a kitty who was attached when I signed out, turn into a Copy-Delete Me when I signed back in. Poor little guy got statue-ified on my shoulder (sniffle). I'm going to leave everybody on the ground until LL gets their act together.
Thanks for the infomation, Kitten! <3

Strings Smile

Strings Kitties At The ScratchN Post
Strings Kitties At The ScratchN Post CatNip
12-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Good to know this otherwise I wouldn't have known there was an issue because I can hold and drop my kitties as usual but I will not till LL fixed this
Thank you for the heads up Smile

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

12-29-2013, 02:52 PM
(12-26-2013 03:25 AM)Kitten Longmeadow Wrote:  ... About a month ago it seems there was a new bug introduced in SL. ... possibly affecting cats that vanish randomly without reason while rezzed on land in SL.

Undecided . Oh, I'm so glad I took some time this afternoon to catch up on reading Forum posts! Recently, I've had quite a few instances of cats just disappearing from my land. In particular, my white tiger megapuss seems to have fallen prey to this bug; I think I've had to contact Support three or four times in the last week to have her replaced! : ( I now know to put her back into The Cattery until the bug is cleared up, and (reluctantly) I will turn off the walk option for the other cats rezzed on my land.

Thanks for keeping us posted, Kitten and KittyCatS!

CAT'S CATS
"The smallest feline is a masterpiece." (Leonardo da Vinci)
 Thanks given by: Ginty Bachem
12-29-2013, 04:26 PM
Hello, I lost my cat Thessa, detaching from me, while I was playing with her. I immediately started a ticket to support, and in less than an hour the staff returned the cat to me, many thanks for kind, helpful and so fast solution to my trouble. Happy new year to all
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
12-29-2013, 07:48 PM
this workaround DOES NOT WORK ALL THE TIME.
i did this and one of the cats i ore became a "copy-delete me" when i detached and re-rezzed out from inventory. so STILL it is glitching and eating cats.
12-31-2013, 10:56 AM
(12-29-2013 07:48 PM)Shukie Galicia Wrote:  this workaround DOES NOT WORK ALL THE TIME.
i did this and one of the cats i ore became a "copy-delete me" when i detached and re-rezzed out from inventory. so STILL it is glitching and eating cats.

To raise happiness for breeding, petting, one cat at a time, still works.

Attaching using the menu is hit and miss - you lose a cat when the asset server does not respond in time, so the cat never makes it to inventory - hence nothing to Drop. This is an SL problem that has been getting worse lately, and applies to all rezzed objects when trying to take them back to inventory. In the case of non-breedable objects, you just get the failure message and try again. For a kittycat, you lose it when you try to detach it, or log off.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)