Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Advice needed
06-14-2011, 04:55 AM
Smile Advice needed
Hi everyone, and to those who have been helpful to me many thanks, the people I have met with KittyCats seem a really nice crowd, I am just setting out with these so I was wondering if anyone could give me a list of desirable traits, I have to admit I am totally cluelessHuh, so before I wander round SL buying anything I can get my hands on and using all my prims, I thought I had better stop and ask for advice, oh and can anyone tell me of various auction times and places so I can work out which ones I will be able to get to (UK timezone here)
Many many thanks to you all and good luck with your breeding Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2011, 05:29 AM
RE: Advice needed
Hi Ceagan!

Welcome to KittyCats!

As far as auctions go, there's a calendar here but some of the auction schedules have changed so I'd recommend joining one of the KittyCats auction groups. They usually have postings shortly before the auctions start. Once you find a few places you like, you can pick up a schedule of that location's auctions.

For desirable traits, it's kind of hard to say. I'd recommend that you focus on breeding the kitties that you find the most interesting.

We don't really have bad traits, but some combinations are popular at different times. A mysterious combination seems to do well in my experience (mysterious eye, ears and tail) as does almost any eye trait. Some really rare eyes can give you more value, but I've done reasonably well with the ice eyes, most of which aren't really that rare (although blue ice is kind of rare). I think you got an Odessey Sorbet at auction the other day. Those are pretty popular, especially on a lighter fur and especially in combination with other eye traits. Actually, most of the Odessey eyes are pretty popular. For furs, Russians, Snowshoes and Siamese seem to be desirable, but the different colors have huge differences in rarity. The most expensive cat I own is a Silver Tabby that has awesome traits, though, so there are no hard set rules. I'd recommend sitting in some auctions and just watching what sells. What kitties are starting bidwars?

You'll probably have more fun (and be more successful) if you focus on the kitties that you love. I love Vampire kitties (Mysterious Passion Eyes). They're not everyone's cup o' tea, but I have strong Passion eyes in my kitties for those who like that sort of thing.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing you around!

IM me inworld as Kyorisa Yven.
The Breeders' Borough | Gypsy Kitten Cattery
 Thanks given by: Tiea Aeon , Giuliana Verrazzano
06-14-2011, 07:20 AM
Thanks, thats really useful, and thanks for remembering me too! lol .. I think after being all over S.L. I like the snowshoes..and the tabby's.. oh and the russians and siamese err maybe I need to narrow this all down lol. Your right I got one little boy with pretty Sorbet eyes, he is just so sweet, infact all of them are, I can see how it's easy to get carried away Smile .. I'll check out the auctions and hopefully run into you again.. thans so much xx
07-03-2011, 03:37 PM
GypsyKitten, thank you so much for your post!
I'm also just a beginner and have been hopping around a lot of different stores trying to figure out how the pricing is set-up for the cats. For now it is still a blur, but with the help of your post it is a less blurrer blur then before. Smile

I guess it really does have a lot to do with personal preferences of each kitty owner.

~ Crazy KittyCatS Lady ~ [Image: 90d1069cbdd47f8c22522092aa917135.gif]
09-30-2011, 11:18 PM
Thank You as well, i am a newcomer to the KittyCats and already i am having fun. I definately want to say that start out small, don't overdo it like i did with horses. I was very excited and before i knew it i had 22 horses, it was costing me more to feed than anything.

I have also found the breed that i think looks very cool, the Chateau ones. I think the patches on them are cute and hope that i can come up with some cool ones. Smile You can also learn a lot of cool advice from people in the groups. Be sure to search for "KittyCat Addicts" group and you will find a lot of nice people willing to help out.

I was lost, but now i have found my new addiction! lol

(07-03-2011 03:37 PM)Diasonia Stransky Wrote:  GypsyKitten, thank you so much for your post!
I'm also just a beginner and have been hopping around a lot of different stores trying to figure out how the pricing is set-up for the cats. For now it is still a blur, but with the help of your post it is a less blurrer blur then before. Smile

I guess it really does have a lot to do with personal preferences of each kitty owner.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)