Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

From a Pet-lover of SL Animals
10-25-2013, 03:24 AM
RE: From a Pet-lover of SL Animals
Perhaps to make a little more sense in the jaw-dropping price, we have to look at this from another angle; KC positions itself to be a virtual 'pet' that can breed (rather than a breedable) and it stats that very clearly in the notecard that came with the Firestorm kitty package.

There are people who just want a pet but upon realising the price of perma-petting they might just buy kibbles to 'try out' for a few weeks and get themselves 'hooked' - and that's probably what KC wants. I'm sure many of you here have bought a few thousand lindens worth of food already and that's more than a couple of perma-pet potions. Then there are people who do not have time to breed but can afford a perma potion so they can have a pet, to KC they did not gain an 'addict' but at least they sold 16 months (or more if its under 121 days) worth of kibble equivalent from that 1 time purchase.

Now, a cheaper 'non-transfer' perma potion would definitely fit KC's image if they were serious on the "Pets that can breed" notion. But they might lose the chance of converting new comers, who just want a pet, into cat addicts. A cheaper potion also benefits those who do not care to breed. It does not do KC any favor, losing out a stream of income from potential kibble sales.

Now I do not know if its even possible to make an object 'non-transfer' via scripts (potions) alone. I think the best way forward is to make the 121 Days perma-pet potion cheaper on par with industry standard of L$500, not the current amount. Or maybe like what Tad said, it should automatically be a pet when it retires.

It should feel like an incentive to feed the cat till retirement and be rewarded for your effort in keeping it around. A cheaper 121 Days potion, that is what I'd like to see.

[Image: 9228401856_25b79a5db4.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
10-27-2013, 01:44 PM
RE: From a Pet-lover of SL Animals
(10-25-2013 03:24 AM)Seiichi Niosaki Wrote:  Perhaps to make a little more sense in the jaw-dropping price, we have to look at this from another angle; KC positions itself to be a virtual 'pet' that can breed (rather than a breedable) and it stats that very clearly in the notecard that came with the Firestorm kitty package.

There are people who just want a pet but upon realising the price of perma-petting they might just buy kibbles to 'try out' for a few weeks and get themselves 'hooked' - and that's probably what KC wants. I'm sure many of you here have bought a few thousand lindens worth of food already and that's more than a couple of perma-pet potions. Then there are people who do not have time to breed but can afford a perma potion so they can have a pet, to KC they did not gain an 'addict' but at least they sold 16 months (or more if its under 121 days) worth of kibble equivalent from that 1 time purchase.

Now, a cheaper 'non-transfer' perma potion would definitely fit KC's image if they were serious on the "Pets that can breed" notion. But they might lose the chance of converting new comers, who just want a pet, into cat addicts. A cheaper potion also benefits those who do not care to breed. It does not do KC any favor, losing out a stream of income from potential kibble sales.

Now I do not know if its even possible to make an object 'non-transfer' via scripts (potions) alone. I think the best way forward is to make the 121 Days perma-pet potion cheaper on par with industry standard of L$500, not the current amount. Or maybe like what Tad said, it should automatically be a pet when it retires.

It should feel like an incentive to feed the cat till retirement and be rewarded for your effort in keeping it around. A cheaper 121 Days potion, that is what I'd like to see.

Just to answer a question, it is possible to use the vitamins to change transfer permissions. If it can make non-transfer specials like birthday cats transferrable, it can make transfer cats non-transfer.

Kitty Kollege Pawfessor, Kitty Kottage
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Is.../69/224/22
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)