(08-26-2013 01:45 PM)Callie Cline Wrote:  testing

You passed.
;-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2013, 01:08 AM
RE: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!
*taps on the mic*

Hello! My name is Hanae and I'm a KittyCats addict!

My first brush with these adorable creatures was when my SL daughter was breeding them and named one after me (awwww...!). After it was too old to breed, she gave it to me, now that cat is amazingly 626 days old!

I didn't get into breeding until the Snowball winter 2012 cat came out and from then it was 2 cats to 20 cats in a month! I also started my clothing store around that time and everything I earn went back into kibbles and more cats!

I'm trying to cut back, but when I see 2 kitten boxes which I know would breed something special, I just can't help but open them!

I know I'm not alone Smile

[Image: 9228401856_25b79a5db4_m.jpg]
09-01-2013, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2013 06:59 PM by Keltora Edenbaum.)
Hello, my name is Keltora.

I'm very new to the Kittycats scene and must admit proving to be a very slow learner in the whole process. I'm enjoying it immensely though!
I bought my first kittycat Velvet 102 days ago. When I first bought her she was what I call an underdog. Off in the corner all by herself and only 99 linden. I couldn't resist her since she looked a lot like my rl cat Velvet. It is putting it lightly that I was delighted with her and as soon as I could I turned her into a perma-pet. I wasn't looking to breed any kittycats at all when I bought Velvet so something like traits really didn't matter to me.

Since then my collection grew of simply me finding the underdog and not being able to resist bringing them home to save them from what I considered the dreaded menagerie. My collection kinda grew out of hand quickly. I couldn't afford my cats that weren't perma-pets. So I started doing research and I made the hardest decision I swore I would never make...I sent most of them to the menagerie to just get my collection under control...twice. I had to make that decision twice which was hard. I know it may sound so strange to read how emotional I feel about the menagerie, but I love all my cats. I'm usually a person who has always been a supporter of the underdog! Let me say I do know the menagerie is necessary, but it still didn't make it any easier on me.

Anyway, I've finally got down trait counting! I've finally got my own collection under control and to a minimum. I just had my first kitten from my two cats I didn't even know possessed nine traits until I figured out the whole process of counting them. The kitten isn't exactly what I was hoping for, but I'm just glad I'm learning from this whole process. It is an interesting lesson worth exploring.

I still have my collection, but I just try to keep it to a minimum of underdogs which has been very hard to do since I want to bring all of them home that I find! So this is me. I tend to be shy, soft hearted, soft spoken, and a passionate lover of cats!
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight
09-02-2013, 04:17 AM
(09-01-2013 06:50 PM)Keltora Edenbaum Wrote:  Hello, my name is Keltora.

I'm very new to the Kittycats scene and must admit proving to be a very slow learner in the whole process. I'm enjoying it immensely though!
I bought my first kittycat Velvet 102 days ago. When I first bought her she was what I call an underdog. Off in the corner all by herself and only 99 linden. I couldn't resist her since she looked a lot like my rl cat Velvet. It is putting it lightly that I was delighted with her and as soon as I could I turned her into a perma-pet. I wasn't looking to breed any kittycats at all when I bought Velvet so something like traits really didn't matter to me.

Since then my collection grew of simply me finding the underdog and not being able to resist bringing them home to save them from what I considered the dreaded menagerie. My collection kinda grew out of hand quickly. I couldn't afford my cats that weren't perma-pets. So I started doing research and I made the hardest decision I swore I would never make...I sent most of them to the menagerie to just get my collection under control...twice. I had to make that decision twice which was hard. I know it may sound so strange to read how emotional I feel about the menagerie, but I love all my cats. I'm usually a person who has always been a supporter of the underdog! Let me say I do know the menagerie is necessary, but it still didn't make it any easier on me.

Anyway, I've finally got down trait counting! I've finally got my own collection under control and to a minimum. I just had my first kitten from my two cats I didn't even know possessed nine traits until I figured out the whole process of counting them. The kitten isn't exactly what I was hoping for, but I'm just glad I'm learning from this whole process. It is an interesting lesson worth exploring.

I still have my collection, but I just try to keep it to a minimum of underdogs which has been very hard to do since I want to bring all of them home that I find! So this is me. I tend to be shy, soft hearted, soft spoken, and a passionate lover of cats!

Keltora-
The fun thing about KittyCatS is the learning process. I'm still new to it as well but I started experimenting with breeding I just can't keep them all but I love to see what different traits can be passed. Welcome to the forum and good luck Smile

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: dreampoetz_Resident]
09-02-2013, 07:00 PM
Hi everyone I just got my first kitties about 8 days ago and now I'm looking forward to learning the process and traits. I also can't wait to see what my kitties birth. A lot stillconfuses me though; so, hopefully won't make too many mistakes.
09-03-2013, 10:45 AM
Hello, Akitsuki is my name. Spoken like ah-key-tsoo-key. But most people shorten the name to Aki. XD

More than two years ago I was hooked to some breedables but I had always wanted to breed cats on SL. But there were not many choices. Most breedables cats were staticky and didn't move. Until one day a cat bumped into me while visiting a friend. Fell in love with Kittycats kitties at first sight. I too started with 2 cats and somehow the cat population grew to 80. No one can really blame me. They are so cute.
Recently I try to keep kitty count on 40 or less. Kitty pets not included to that count. Because I love to have them around at home. Smile

I am mostly a lurker at the group and forum. But I do post at times like here and then.
Thanks for reading and nice to meet you all.
09-03-2013, 10:58 AM
i started with kittycats when the sl10 birthday kitty was released. the only thing i knew about them before that was that callie was working on them the last time i took a long leave from sl. Tongue

i figured that i'd get a cat as a pet, but then i started asking questions in the kittycats addicts group and received two more as gifts. (thanks for the gifts that hooked me, folks. they were like gifts of addictive drugs.) and, of course, they were designed to be so cute as to be irresistable.

then i figured out that i could breed them. little by little, the puzzle game of reading and analyzing pedigrees and matching kitties to maximize the traits that i liked became an even more addicting game, and it hasn't lost its fascination yet!

i've developed a list of friends who breed kittycats. i enjoy teaching newbies about pedigrees and dominance/recessive charts and will often do so in private im.

my only problems are based on my status of being a petite mesh avatar. Sad don't get me wrong: i love my tiny avatar self in sl!) the problems are:
1) the poses and animations don't match up with my size. cuddling and holding a normal sized kittycat looks like i'm in embrace with a dance partner!
2) the only kittycats that i will keep in the long run are teacups and small toys, and i rarely get them from breeding. i've asked the kc company to please turn up my individual probability of receiving the small sizes from my own breeding, but no apparent luck with that request! yet...

kittycat-wise, i hang out at the kitty kottage, liriel garnet's school/auction house/marketplace. if you want to know stuff about kittycats, you could do worse than attend liriel's classes and auctions. Smile she's the person who is currently maintaining the saga dominance/recessive trait charts and as knowledgeable and skilled a breeder as you can find. she also knows just about everybody in the hobby.
09-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Hi all. I'm Wendy Macpherson, though display name reads Wendy Fireborne on grid. I am a Tabbit (tiger/rabbit) furry who is brand new to the KittycatS world. Got my first one with the freebie from the firestorm birthday party, as well as the freebie starter kitten I also got at the same time. Malek (firestorm kitten) and his sister, Koala (my starter kitten) also have a new little friend I had to get named Patches. *chuckles* This started a Thing, I think.

I love cats in RL, but sadly can't have any due to the fact one of the people I live with is allergic, so these little guys make up for not having ones in RL now. XD
09-05-2013, 12:46 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2013 04:50 AM by anna Acanthus.)
I'd been searching for a nice looking kitty for my home for a while and nothing was very good at the time to be honest. Then i saw kittycats and when they were released, as soon as i could get into the mainstore i went to buy a cocoa with blue eyes. Callie told me starters were random so that pissed me off and she said i'd have to wait a couple of weeks for offsprings to be available on the market. So i grumbled a bit and took off.
I joined the KC group anyhow and OMG! hoards of weird hysterical women squealing and fainting at the slightest thing their newborns did. This was soon too much for me so i left the group in disgust.

Couple of weeks later i found my cocoa boy, Alf Heart and it was fine for a couple of weeks till i thought well maybe i'd find a girl just to have two and breed a couple of times to see. And WOW my 2 pure gens gave me a DOUBLE traited box !! We all know the rest of the story; ok i'll just have 10, well ok guess i can manage 20 etc etc …

I only wanted natural looking kitties and i didn't at all like the look of those green spotted things that were released later nor the weird Japanese thingies and anyhow heck i wasn't into spending that kind of money, LOLL shows how green i was about breedables at the time
Then the Lazy Daisies came out and i thought they were pretty and the first thing i thought was i just had to have those orange eyes on black russian though it'd never happen of course as the Black Russian fur alone was still selling at 20/30K, but then a while later OMG it actually DID !! 5 traits AND the porcelain shade (Squeals of amazed delight from yours truly in the KC group Blush ) Anyhow they scored such a hit at the Nacht auctions that i soon upgraded to a full homestead and was blinking at over 100 kitties and wondering how the heck this all had happened.

All I'd ever wanted was just one nice kitty ...
09-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Hihi! I'm Deer but am also nicknamed "Deery" because I primarily used my avatar Deerylou Resident as my KittyCatS breeding avatar, so either name works. I'm obsessed with miniature KittyCatS and my true love in this amazing breedable is collecting these mini-sized kitties that compliment a smaller avatar's shape. As a result, I run the KittyCatS Miniature Museum which was totally unexpected as these teeny kitties multiplied. I consider myself both a breeder and a collector, I love collecting anything so taking on this role in KittyCatS wasn't a surprise at all. Tongue The KittyCatS History Chart is also something I maintain and manage with the rest of the community.

I found KittyCatS in 2011 while journeying in-world and stumbled upon an array of beautifully-worded boxes with kitties inside (I love the names of our traits, they're so enticing), and I just had to have one! After I saw a picture of a pink cat, I was totally sold on KittyCatS - the texture of the fur was flawless, and so were the pink and white markings on my grail kitty at the time. I was opening up my in-world store on my other avatar and thought these kitties would be an aesthetically lovely option for roaming my main store, and it proved right. A customer of mine during the Halloween 2011 release told me I could breed a skelecat I had purchased and it so intrigued me. So here I am now, breeding and collecting due to that initial curiosity.

For anyone new - this community is made up of amazingness and I've yet to encounter a more friendly, down-to-earth group of individuals in all of Second Life. The leadership roles in KittyCatS are taken professionally too but the developers know how to have fun, and same with the CSRs who genuinely care and wish to help everyone become better acquainted with the kitties. Anyone starting in KittyCatS now is in for a real treat above and beyond how wonderful this breedable is, as the community is literally the best. Smile

Group hugs!

[Image: ohdeersig.gif]
KittyCatS History Thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)