Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Range: 0 meters
09-22-2011, 02:12 PM
Range: 0 meters
Getting a bit tired of getting whoopsey boxes and not being able to move 100% cats around for pairings without mistakes happening.

With range 0 meters i could have all my cats where i want them without worrying about random boxes, i could move them around as I decide which one gets to breed with which one etc.

Please add your input if you like this.

~Rocky
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2011, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2011 02:50 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
RE: Range: 0 meters
Hi Rocky,

If you have a HUD and have set a home position for your cats you can easily send them all to their home position via the HUD.
Also if you partner your cats to your likes you will not have unexpected breeds by randomlove level 100 cats.
What I like to do is put the home position of my partnered cats next to eachother so when I bring all cats home via the HUD I don't have to worry about which cat belongs to which.
Also you might like to put walk and run off via the animation window for cats which are close to breeding:-)

I hope this helps a bit:-)

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: Rocky Balzibo
09-22-2011, 03:59 PM
(09-22-2011 02:49 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  Hi Rocky,

If you have a HUD and have set a home position for your cats you can easily send them all to their home position via the HUD.
Also if you partner your cats to your likes you will not have unexpected breeds by randomlove level 100 cats.
What I like to do is put the home position of my partnered cats next to eachother so when I bring all cats home via the HUD I don't have to worry about which cat belongs to which.
Also you might like to put walk and run off via the animation window for cats which are close to breeding:-)

I hope this helps a bit:-)

Thanks Kayleigh, you make valid points but it doesnt really help me. I have the hud, their homes are set, i partner my cats, none of them walk around.

I have close to 100 cats and sometimes a few 100% slips through the crack without being partnered and random boxes happens, because i cant spread my cats all over the sim, I need them close to have a solid overview for when I do my pairings. A big part of my cats arent partnered to the same cat every week, which consequently makes alot of waiting time at 100% for some before they breed. Ideally i would sync them all up, and I've tried to do that, but when i see 40+ 100% love cats my trigger finger gets itchy and i want boxes!
Also the times I've tried syncing them up and waiting for all to hit 100%, Ive taken all boys in one corner and all girls in one corner. Then when I have all these 100% and get antsy i find a girl, then walk/cam over to the boys, look for a prospective boy for her. When I do find one I dont want to partner them up straight away, nor do i want to sit with a piece of paper to write out A + B. I want to put them close together and move on to the next prospective pair, but maybe that girl really wants the boy i put with the first girl. When I've decided who goes with who i partner them all up.

0 meter would allow me to have my cats at the same place all the time, get a good overview for when doing pairs and i could move them around and put them next to eachother to see if all pairs look good before i actually partner them.

I see how having 0 meters isnt a big deal for many and i understand that the thought behind 3 meters minimum is to cut down on support tickets saying "My cats wont breed" from people that have set their range to 0 and forgot about it, atleast I dont see any other reasoning for not offering a 0 meter range.

I also get a few boxes now and then in my shop because of not being able to have 0 meters. They dont get milk but for some reason they like to breed anyways. Having a cat at 100% love is a good sales pitch compared to a 0% love cat.

There really is no solution to my problem(s), without being able to set them to 0 meters.
09-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Ah I understand better what you need!
The 0 meter option would indeed be a fantastic feature to avoid cats make boxes together you don't want.
I like to pro this 0 meter option!

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

10-18-2011, 05:40 AM
Bumping this thread after yet another random breed in shop and one at my home.
10-18-2011, 07:50 AM
I like that, 0 Meter option!

Too Adorable a KittyCatS Breedable Market, Adoption & Love Tables, Collectables, Confetti - Since 2011
10-18-2011, 06:11 PM
While not against the 0 meter option, I'm wondering, how it would be (too) different from using pose, or disabling walk and run. Personally, though, I enjoy watching my (4, ok) kitties walk about and be curious.

Bea Shamrock, Kitty carer and breeder

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
10-18-2011, 06:42 PM
(10-18-2011 06:11 PM)Bea Shamrock Wrote:  While not against the 0 meter option, I'm wondering, how it would be (too) different from using pose, or disabling walk and run. Personally, though, I enjoy watching my (4, ok) kitties walk about and be curious.

The difference is that a posed kitty, or a kitty with walk and run disabled, will still breed within its range. Smile
10-20-2011, 12:15 AM
The difference is that a posed kitty, or a kitty with walk and run disabled, will still breed within its range. Smile
[/quote]

I see....that *is* a difference. Thank you Smile

Bea Shamrock, Kitty carer and breeder

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
10-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Hi Rocky. I can shed a little light on the issue. The specific point I want to address is this statement:
"I see how having 0 meters isnt a big deal for many and i understand that the thought behind 3 meters minimum is to cut down on support tickets saying "My cats wont breed" from people that have set their range to 0 and forgot about it, atleast I dont see any other reasoning for not offering a 0 meter range."

When we first launched, you could set your cats to a range of less than 3m. However we discovered that the cats will not move when set to less than 3m with movement turned on. This created quite a few problems for our customers, so we changed the minimum range to 3m. It had nothing to do with support issues regarding cats not breeding.

I understand the concern you have with wanting to have your cats be anyplace and avoid accidental breedings and will pass that along to the development team. I just wanted to help you understand why we have range set to a minimum 3m range. Smile

There's a sucker born every minute, and the stray cats know where we all live!

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)