Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Suggestion: Priority 5 hold and cuddle animation?
10-17-2013, 09:14 AM
Suggestion: Priority 5 hold and cuddle animation?
Well since i keep see this thing with the most breedables..... so why we cant enjoy our AO and cuddle/hold our kitty while walking? Most AO uses priority 4 animation for walk, as the cats does the same for hold/cuddle but soon as i start walk its breaks it and i flop the poor kitty around like mad XD.
Yes i know i could just turn off my AO but... LL animations are bleh.
So why dont use priority 5 animation for hold and cuddle where our AO wont bother in, and these animations not hard to make (talking from experience, i even made couple priotity 6 one).

So simply its would be great if the kittys gets a higher priority animation for this Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , Deer Thistle , JoiIrui Resident
10-17-2013, 12:34 PM
RE: Suggestion: Priority 5 hold and cuddle animation?
According to The Wiki ...
Quote:Priority 6

As priority 5 animations proliferate, a use for priority 6 is certain to materialize. However, as with priority 4 and 5. If your objective is not to allow part of an existing priority 5 animation to continue playing, then you can meet your objective either with a priority 5 or a priority 4 animation.

It is uncertain whether viewer and server support for priorities higher than 5 exists today or will continue to exist in the future.

It seems to me a better solution would be for the animation community to come together and set standards to resolve the issue. As it now stands, if Priority 6 is added, it's entirely likely that AO designers will shift from 4 or 5 to 5 or 6 and we'd be back seeing requests for Priority 7 .. then 8, 9, ..., 434321, 434322 ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-19-2013, 11:52 PM
(10-17-2013 12:34 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  According to The Wiki ...
Quote:Priority 6

As priority 5 animations proliferate, a use for priority 6 is certain to materialize. However, as with priority 4 and 5. If your objective is not to allow part of an existing priority 5 animation to continue playing, then you can meet your objective either with a priority 5 or a priority 4 animation.

It is uncertain whether viewer and server support for priorities higher than 5 exists today or will continue to exist in the future.

It seems to me a better solution would be for the animation community to come together and set standards to resolve the issue. As it now stands, if Priority 6 is added, it's entirely likely that AO designers will shift from 4 or 5 to 5 or 6 and we'd be back seeing requests for Priority 7 .. then 8, 9, ..., 434321, 434322 ...

Priority 6 is uneccesary for this purpose and i deubt the AO designers will step on use higher priority than 4 because that would break a lot other animations what they shouldn't.
Also priority 6 animations already exists and works, but those only should be used for special purpose like poserstands for example.
Also as the wiki says priority 5 should be only used for override certain joints like when you holding something, even i only use them for that purpose and seen lot other attachments with it like holding books, etc. Its works rather nice and useful if you wish to enjoy your AO meanwhile Smile
10-23-2013, 04:31 PM
I agree it looks silly and a little sad to dangle our kitty around as soon as we start to walk.
I like this proposal if it works with handbags, umbrella's and whatnot why not with our cats.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

10-23-2013, 04:47 PM
So this! It's a shame that the interactivity with our kitties is interrupted by our AO choices almost always having a higher priority than that of cuddling or holding a kitty, and should definitely be reconsidered for the future.

[Image: ohdeersig.gif]
KittyCatS History Thread
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
10-28-2013, 08:01 PM
Adding my vote for this suggestion. I'd love to be able to Cuddle/Hold my kitties while out and about without flailing them around while I walk. Please?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-22-2013, 03:34 PM
(10-23-2013 04:47 PM)Deer Thistle Wrote:  So this! It's a shame that the interactivity with our kitties is interrupted by our AO choices almost always having a higher priority than that of cuddling or holding a kitty, and should definitely be reconsidered for the future.

Well not higher but same, botht the cuddle/hold has priority 4 as the most AO walk uses priority 4 as well aka last played anim wins.
But yeah this why even the wiki says about the animation prioritys the 5 should be only used for like bag hold, etc. as well for hold breedables.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)