Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Closed 
KittyCatS History: Who discovered what & when?
03-08-2013, 03:58 PM
RE: KittyCatS History: Who discovered what & when? (Updated for Prismatic eye)
Hard to tell the difference on that one by the way I know totally off topic.
Perhaps I need to see Rainbow Prism and this new one next to eachother to see it Smile

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
03-08-2013, 10:06 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2013 10:10 PM by Deer Thistle.)
I think the thread is stuck again on page 18, posting in hopes of it showing all responses past page 18! I wonder why this particular thread has an issue every time a new page is created. Huh

Edit: Yay, it worked! Welcome to page 19 of the history thread!
(03-08-2013 03:58 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  Hard to tell the difference on that one by the way I know totally off topic.
Perhaps I need to see Rainbow Prism and this new one next to eachother to see it Smile

I agree! It looks like a highly contrasted rainbow prism, and I think I overheard several times that it's a bit glowy? It may very well be with a name like "Prismatic" Smile I hope we can get comparison pictures for sure!

[Image: ohdeersig.gif]
KittyCatS History Thread
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
03-09-2013, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 07:39 PM by Bea Shamrock.)
I love to have a record of when (approximately) each trait was first seen/released...I have to say though I still don't get why it matters so much, especially with latest traits, who got it first. It's just me , I know... *shrugs*

Bea Shamrock, Kitty carer and breeder

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
03-09-2013, 08:05 PM
(03-09-2013 07:39 PM)Bea Shamrock Wrote:  I love to have a record of when (approximately) each trait was first seen/released...I have to say though I still don't get why it matters so much, especially with latest traits, who got it first. It's just me , I know... *shrugs*

I made this chart in hopes of providing as many details as possible pertaining to KittyCatS history, and this information can cover all bases of anyone's interest, from a particular trait to that trait's date of discovery, the picture of the discoverer's first kitty with that trait (always an exciting moment!), down to any other details noted.

The discovery date can be confirmed with the original discoverer which is why I include it as well so I can always reference it later or ask the discoverer a question if needed, especially when someone else provides different discovery data that I may need to contact the currently noted discoverer for, particularly with older traits but it has proven handy as of late with a few of the newer traits such as the actual discovery date of several eyes in the past few months. And others have said they like knowing if their kitty descendant came from the original kitty with that trait and this chart can help with that. Whatever the reason people may end up utilizing this chart for, it's all done in good, light-hearted fun and the more details, the better to cater to everyone's interest in this history chart! Smile

KittyCatS History Thread
03-09-2013, 08:17 PM
(03-09-2013 07:39 PM)Bea Shamrock Wrote:  I love to have a record of when (approximately) each trait was first seen/released...I have to say though I still don't get why it matters so much, especially with latest traits, who got it first. It's just me , I know... *shrugs*

When it starts to be some sort of competition between breeders I agree with you Bea.
A year from now though or even more it is nice to know what was found again mainly when because the exact date can only be told via the pedigree of the first finder.
Unless an approximate date would be enough and I can see the benefits of this as well.
Less hassle for Deerylou also Smile
Because I'm indeed, like you, less interested in who the original finder was but maybe some people find those bits important and it could motivate them to even notify Deerylou they have a new finding just so their name appears in the charts.
Not sure if this same motivation would be seen if no founder name was mentioned.
On the other hand a new finding is also mentioned in the addicts group.
I have to say I never notify the staff if I found something new.
But I'm lazy when it comes to my kitties Wink

Retro Kitties Showroom »

03-09-2013, 08:40 PM
(03-09-2013 08:17 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  

When it starts to be some sort of competition between breeders I agree with you Bea.
A year from now though or even more it is nice to know what was found again mainly when because the exact date can only be told via the pedigree of the first finder.
Unless an approximate date would be enough and I can see the benefits of this as well.
Less hassle for Deerylou also Smile
Because I'm indeed, like you, less interested in who the original finder was but maybe some people find those bits important and it could motivate them to even notify Deerylou they have a new finding just so their name appears in the charts.
Not sure if this same motivation would be seen if no founder name was mentioned.
On the other hand a new finding is also mentioned in the addicts group.
I have to say I never notify the staff if I found something new.
But I'm lazy when it comes to my kitties Wink

I hope it's not a competition and it's definitely no way to become a SLebrity (I hope not LOL, that'd be so silly!), it's really just there so I can reference it later and send that individual a notecard if their discovery date is refuted - for all I know I could have gotten the collection or date wrong and it has happened quite a bit, or to potentially get a picture from the discoverer if provided, I love the discovery pictures and reading the happy comments if on Flickr!

Others may utilize the chart in other aspects different from how you and I may, not to see just the collection a certain trait derived from but perhaps specific dates for their knowledge or to see an image of that initial kitty with the trait in question, provided by that discoverer I communicated with. I'm all for options and details, and I'll continue to provide any and all that I can, it's really no issue.

Maintaining the chart isn't a giant hassle so no worries, I'm glad when I can provide all of the details to make everyone happy. I'm just so grateful that it's mainly hassle-free because of this wonderful community pointing me in the right direction for each discovery, even the obscure ones from such a long time ago, and thank you for that. Smile

KittyCatS History Thread
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
03-09-2013, 09:03 PM
(03-09-2013 08:40 PM)deerylou Resident Wrote:  ...
I hope it's not a competition and it's definitely no way to become a SLebrity (I hope not LOL, that'd be so silly!),

*Laughs* do they excist SLebrity's?
Cool though you bring efforts so tiredless to bring this in the in order in this ultimate perfection Smile

Retro Kitties Showroom »

03-09-2013, 10:37 PM
(03-08-2013 03:39 PM)deerylou Resident Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 02:41 PM)Khea Karas Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 02:33 PM)deerylou Resident Wrote:  
(03-07-2013 03:22 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  
(03-07-2013 02:37 PM)deerylou Resident Wrote:  Hi everyone! Smile I noticed that the Prismatic eye has been pulled over the past few days but can anyone offer concrete information about its discovery? It'd be so appreciated, I noticed the KittyCats Addicts group didn't provide any notice on its initial discovery too which leaves me even more in the dark. Thank you to everyone who has been so helpful in piecing together this chart thus far! Smile

It seems Katzen Resident has found the Prismatic I'm not sure if it is the first one though.
It's recessiveness seems to be between Kaleido and Ody Bellini more info in this post »

Thank you so much! I believe this is the first discovery and KittyCats Addicts just announced the same as well!

Updated both charts to reflect the discovery of the Odyssey Slush eye!

http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.php?tid=5706
http://goo.gl/tDkgd

Prismatic - Discovered by Katzen Resident - Valentine 2013, March 6 2013 http://www.flickr.com/photos/katzenmiu/8535597168/

Congratulations!

Sorry Katzen, I think this is wrong....Jolita posted a photo of these in her flicker stream on the 1st March. http://www.flickr.com/photos/16879306@N0...hotostream
I also got some birthed the other day too...I thought then I was the first but Jolita beat us Wink

Thank you so much for providing this information! Corrected Smile

Like I said, Deery....it's just me. I just find it odd that just weeks ago there was a thread and a poll because people didn't want their names as breeders on the pedigrees but when it comes to this thread it seems minutes or even seconds are tried to be tracked to determine whether someone was first, second or third to get a new trait, like what happened just above with the Prismatic eyes.

It doesn't really matter and I don't want to make a big deal out of it. It's just what I observe and feel and felt like saying it. That's all.

Bea Shamrock, Kitty carer and breeder

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
03-10-2013, 12:06 AM
(03-09-2013 10:37 PM)Bea Shamrock Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 03:39 PM)deerylou Resident Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 02:41 PM)Khea Karas Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 02:33 PM)deerylou Resident Wrote:  
(03-07-2013 03:22 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  It seems Katzen Resident has found the Prismatic I'm not sure if it is the first one though.
It's recessiveness seems to be between Kaleido and Ody Bellini more info in this post »

Thank you so much! I believe this is the first discovery and KittyCats Addicts just announced the same as well!

Updated both charts to reflect the discovery of the Odyssey Slush eye!

http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.php?tid=5706
http://goo.gl/tDkgd

Prismatic - Discovered by Katzen Resident - Valentine 2013, March 6 2013 http://www.flickr.com/photos/katzenmiu/8535597168/

Congratulations!

Sorry Katzen, I think this is wrong....Jolita posted a photo of these in her flicker stream on the 1st March. http://www.flickr.com/photos/16879306@N0...hotostream
I also got some birthed the other day too...I thought then I was the first but Jolita beat us Wink

Thank you so much for providing this information! Corrected Smile

Like I said, Deery....it's just me. I just find it odd that just weeks ago there was a thread and a poll because people didn't want their names as breeders on the pedigrees but when it comes to this thread it seems minutes or even seconds are tried to be tracked to determine whether someone was first, second or third to get a new trait, like what happened just above with the Prismatic eyes.

It doesn't really matter and I don't want to make a big deal out of it. It's just what I observe and feel and felt like saying it. That's all.

It's a bit of a stretch to allude the history document with a discoverer's name on it to a pedigree thread where people didn't want others to see an alt who may have bred a cat (I know this was my only issue with the pedigree in the other thread as alts have a right to privacy) or for the sake of newcomers not being discouraged that the entire pedigree wasn't bred in their name, and may not make a sale as a result and frighten them away from partaking in the secondary market or community as a whole. The other issue with that thread was that we need a way for people to opt out of the pedigree change no matter what their reasoning may be, and I provide this means of opting out as well with the history document.

I note that both on this thread and in the Google doc that if for some reason, someone doesn't wish for their name as discoverer or for their picture to appear, they can PM me on the forum or send me an IM/notecard in-world and I'll remove it immediately, they don't need to disclose why they wish for their name or picture to be removed, I completely understand anonymity and privacy and am all for it.

The difference between the two prismatic eye discoveries was a week apart and is worth noting. If I'm to provide the discoverer and exact date if possible for one trait, I need to strive to do so for all of them if I'm given a tip that allows me to do so, and in this case I was by both Kayleigh and Khea. (Thank you!)

While it may be important for some individuals to know the exact date and to know who pulled the trait along with a picture (I wish everyone would provide a picture, I so love these, definitely my favorite part of doing this chart, LOL!), others don't particularly care as much about these tidbits which is why I love providing that little extra information for people who do have interest in it and strive to cover all facets of our beloved KittyCats history, not just a select bit of it but any I can or am tipped off about as I'll save this information anyway as reference for later. That's a positive perspective of this detailed history thread and doc; it may have some information that you find handy, while others find the some of the other information handy, and some find all of it handy or at least interesting knowledge to glance over, and that's great in itself that it may be useful in such a myriad of ways, and with a thread woven by the kindness of the community at that.

There's no big deal at all, everyone's perspective is different as shown here and that's why this doc has so much information to provide for every perspective. Heart Hugs!

And my apologies for writing a novel LOL, I tend to type on the (very) long side! Tongue

KittyCatS History Thread
 Thanks given by: penfold83 Resident , Kayleigh McMillan , dakillakm Resident , Khea Karas
03-10-2013, 07:41 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 03:07 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
Yes I think it is only cool so much information is accessable via these charts.
As for the other threads "Protocol" and the other "shout your head off" thread I'm glad such uncivilized behaviour is not seen here so far Smile
Because that indeed was kind of the dark side of our community I think.
This pretty much made me reconsider my passion for kitties and certainly for community events like auctions.
I lost my fun in it for the most part.
I think this thread is lucky enough very positive though :-)

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)