Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

please fix circadian or give us an option
01-15-2013, 08:39 PM
RE: please fix circadian or give us an option
(01-15-2013 01:53 PM)LibGwen Resident Wrote:  
(01-13-2013 07:08 PM)Bea Shamrock Wrote:  One of the reasons I prefer the cycle as it is now is that I can have half of my inworld kitties awake while the other half sleeps and I still get to interact with most in a day (pet, play, cuddle). The fact that half of them are asleep also helps any potential lag that about 30 kitties on full range with everything enabled (along with some 4 other pets) could cause, even if they are all designed as low lag.

Changing the length of time cats are awake and asleep wouldn't change that at all if the lengths they are awake and asleep are equal. If all one's cats have the same day length (currently sixteen hours, but twenty-four, twelve, 3.14159 ... would all work if all your cats were on it), the differences in their schedules remain consistent. If George is asleep and at 40% Energy while Edward is awake and at 53% Energy now, under any equal awake/asleep rhythm when Edward is awake and at 53% Energy, George will be asleep and at about 40% Energy.

=

I'm afraid Tad's rationale is a bit beyond me. I don't see how that system would allow people who work to cuddle their cats at the same time of day or ensure a cat is at about the same Energy level and awake/asleep state when it reaches 100% Love.

To reiterate, under the current sixteen hour circadian:

- If a cat is awake at 0530 one day, it is asleep at 0530 the next, and if it also happens to be under 25%Energy it can't be wakened. No cuddles for kitty that day. Sad

- If cats that were given the milk/cuddle enhancement have a box at 0923, they will be asleep and therefore unable to mate when they reach 100%Love at roughly 0923 seven days later.

They may retain the awake/asleep relation but if they sleep longer I may not get the chance to interact with all of them on the same day, which was one of my points.

Bea Shamrock, Kitty carer and breeder

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2013, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2013 09:32 PM by Tad Carlucci.)
What I'm suggesting is something like:

I'll use 5 hours asleep and 11 hours awake ...
And, say, you're typically on each day for just one hour.

Today, your cat is asleep and has been asleep for just moments. It won't awaken, and can't be awakened, until after you must log out. But
Tomorrow, 24 hours on, your cat is awake and has been awake for three hours. It'll be awake for 8 more hours.
The next day, 48 hours on, your cat is awake and is about to go to sleep, or just has.
The day after, 72hours on, your cat is awake and has been awake for three hours.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-15-2013, 09:34 PM
I see your point, Tad - thanks for the clarification. It is of course brilliant once I got it, lol Wink

Saga's Google Docs - Click here
01-15-2013, 09:54 PM
I chose the 5/11 split because it recycles quickly .. just two days. Other splits will have longer or shorter cycle times. Avoiding cycles which are 6, 8, 12 or 24 hours long helps those who are on relatively fixed schedules. Cycles could be designed to "walk" wake/sleep for any period. No single choice will satisfy all players, however.

This is all moot anyway, because I think it would cause far too much disruption for them to make any changes, now. I'm only talking about it because it's something those thinking about doing their own breedable should consider. And I could be wrong: KittyCatS might decide to make a change after all!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock
01-16-2013, 04:39 AM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2013 04:40 AM by Nenya Eun.)
Going to add my 2 cents on this topic.

Really, compared to other breedables, KittyCatS are easy to breed, you can backbreed, you can crossbreed,
no incompatible characters etc... The only tiny little bit of a difficulty is the fact they have to be at least 25%
energy and awake.

So yeah, my humble opinion is let's keep the sleeping pattern as it is.

Nen Smile

Co-owner of TraitS R uS
[Image: bannieretrupetite.png]
Friendly KittyCatS market & auction site. French, English, Spanish, Dutch, German spoken
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)