Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

New Eye? Sea Green
07-07-2024, 09:47 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2024 09:51 AM by Songdog Woolley.)
RE: New Eye? Sea Green
Sibele, here it looks to me that this Magic Kiss kitten proves Malibu is hiding Ody Tuscan Dream, as Sea Green cannot hide behind Magic Kiss, so it has to be Ody TD from Malibu <- Sea Green Girl <- Olive.

[Image: 8b0f5db90858439e842b448075f3963e.png]

(07-07-2024 12:39 AM)Sibele Ingmann Wrote:  
(07-06-2024 10:30 PM)MaryJane Sunshine Wrote:  Malibu could possibly be showing the Ody Ribbit and have a hidden of Ody Tuscan Dream (from Grandma Olive). The baby could be showing Magic Kiss hiding the Ody Tuscan from Malibu/Olive.

The Sea Green could have been lost entirely when the Ody Ribbit Pulled. Did any of Malibu's siblings pull the Sea Green?

Yes, I've had siblings with Sea Green. Malibu is the first one that has pulled Odyssey Ribbit.

The reason I think that it is a proof, is because I know for certain that there is no Magic Kiss in Malibu's lineage, and I know that there is in Pouch's.

MaryJane, this is interesting, as you know. From my perspective, just looking at the pedigree, we could be close to placing the eye, IF indeed this kitten does hide Sea Green. I'd pull the hidden on any kitten showing Ody Ribbit from this pairing: you said you'd only gotten kittens showing Ody Ribbit and hiding Ody Tuscan Dream (?) - have you pulled all the eyes from those Ody Ribbit kittens? Did any siblings show Sea Green, and if so, were any tested? Inquiring minds want to know... ;-)

(07-07-2024 06:18 AM)MaryJane Sunshine Wrote:  With Olive in the pedigree her Ody Tuscan Dream is pulling traits forward instead of anything to really do with the Sea Green eye.

Malibu pulled her Daddy's eye which means she's hiding something from Momma (either Sea Green or Ody Tuscan Dream) The Sea Green can't be behind the Magic Kiss baby which only confirms that Malibu did not pull the Sea Green eye at all? She's just showing Ody Ribbit/Hiding Ody Tuscan Dream.

A better proof would probably need to show something like a baby from Malibu's Momma & Daddy that actually pulled the Sea Green/Hiding the Ody Ribbit and breeding that hidden out (probably against a Brushed Steel or Faded Flower would be best) to show if it actually is the Ody Ribbit behind it.

I've been tinkering with this eye a lot and I have no idea if it's dominant or recessive to the Ody Ribbit. I bred Brandy out for about a month and all she pulled was Ody Ribbit/Hiding Ody Tuscan Dream? which led me to believe that Sea Green can't hide behind the Ody Ribbit but that could have just been unlucky pulls as well. That's why I was wondering if you've pulled a Sea Green shown with a possible Ody Ribbit hider.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2024, 10:22 AM
(07-07-2024 09:47 AM)Songdog Woolley Wrote:  MaryJane, this is interesting, as you know. From my perspective, just looking at the pedigree, we could be close to placing the eye, IF indeed this kitten does hide Sea Green. I'd pull the hidden on any kitten showing Ody Ribbit from this pairing: you said you'd only gotten kittens showing Ody Ribbit and hiding Ody Tuscan Dream (?) - have you pulled all the eyes from those Ody Ribbit kittens? Did any siblings show Sea Green, and if so, were any tested? Inquiring minds want to know... ;-)

Here are her babies, all of them pulled Ody Ribbit. I don't think the sea green is back there, but I could be wrong. Out of four babies I'd think one would pull the sea green/hiding Ody Ribbit if it were possible because the other combo that's pulling seems to be Ody Ribbit hiding Ody Tuscan Dream. So I'm curious if anyone has pulled the Sea Green showing with a probably Ody Ribbit hider as well. I still have a girl and boy to possibly test if it's hiding, but afraid it may only be proof of Ody Ribbit hiding more Ody Tuscan Dream.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley
07-07-2024, 02:35 PM
I look at this in a different way. The kittens didn't "pull" Ody Ribbet. They literally just get the luck of the draw. The dad of all the kittens *passed* his shown Ody Ribbet. I can't tell from the pedigree what Pepe's hidden is, but here it really doesn't matter. Since he passed Ody Ribbet 4 times and it shows on the kittens all 4 times, we look to mom for the hiddens that are possible in the kittens. Since she shows Sea Green and hides Ody Tuscan Dream, there is a 50% chance for each of these kittens to hide Sea Green - IF it is indeed recessive to Ody Ribbit. The only way to know this is to test the kittens. Statistically, half the kittens will hide Ody Tuscan Dream, because 50% of the time, Brandy passes her hidden eye. So, it makes sense that out of 4 tries, she should have/could have passed her shown Sea Green at least once, but we've all experienced the frustration of the coin flips not going our way for weeks. So the only thing to do is to test the kittens.

Pedigree:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=5959.png]
(07-07-2024 10:22 AM)MaryJane Sunshine Wrote:  
(07-07-2024 09:47 AM)Songdog Woolley Wrote:  MaryJane, this is interesting, as you know. From my perspective, just looking at the pedigree, we could be close to placing the eye, IF indeed this kitten does hide Sea Green. I'd pull the hidden on any kitten showing Ody Ribbit from this pairing: you said you'd only gotten kittens showing Ody Ribbit and hiding Ody Tuscan Dream (?) - have you pulled all the eyes from those Ody Ribbit kittens? Did any siblings show Sea Green, and if so, were any tested? Inquiring minds want to know... ;-)

Here are her babies, all of them pulled Ody Ribbit. I don't think the sea green is back there, but I could be wrong. Out of four babies I'd think one would pull the sea green/hiding Ody Ribbit if it were possible because the other combo that's pulling seems to be Ody Ribbit hiding Ody Tuscan Dream. So I'm curious if anyone has pulled the Sea Green showing with a probably Ody Ribbit hider as well. I still have a girl and boy to possibly test if it's hiding, but afraid it may only be proof of Ody Ribbit hiding more Ody Tuscan Dream.
 Thanks given by: MaryJane Sunshine
07-07-2024, 04:33 PM
(07-07-2024 02:35 PM)Songdog Woolley Wrote:  I look at this in a different way. The kittens didn't "pull" Ody Ribbet. They literally just get the luck of the draw. The dad of all the kittens *passed* his shown Ody Ribbet. I can't tell from the pedigree what Pepe's hidden is, but here it really doesn't matter. Since he passed Ody Ribbet 4 times and it shows on the kittens all 4 times, we look to mom for the hiddens that are possible in the kittens. Since she shows Sea Green and hides Ody Tuscan Dream, there is a 50% chance for each of these kittens to hide Sea Green - IF it is indeed recessive to Ody Ribbit. The only way to know this is to test the kittens. Statistically, half the kittens will hide Ody Tuscan Dream, because 50% of the time, Brandy passes her hidden eye. So, it makes sense that out of 4 tries, she should have/could have passed her shown Sea Green at least once, but we've all experienced the frustration of the coin flips not going our way for weeks. So the only thing to do is to test the kittens.

I understand what you're saying. I kind of dropped the ball in really digging into it further due to lack of cattery space at the time and the assumptions I made from her pulls which could be completely wrong.

I do still wonder if anyone has actually pulled Sea Green shown with the possibility of Ody Ribbit hiding though, but if that hasn't happened.. it's more likely... Sea Green is in fact recessive to the Ody Ribbit?

I think I'll bring out the 8T baby and throw a faded flower behind it... and see what happens? If anyone wants to adopt the 5T floofy boy for testing they're welcome to him.
07-08-2024, 02:54 PM
No need to use a valuable Faded Flower cat, Magic Kiss or anything more recessive will allow Sea Green to show if it is passed. The first time Magic Kiss or a more recessive eye shows up, this is proof that the kitten hides Ody Tuscan Dream, and the testing on that kitten is done. I will take the floofy boy and test him. Thanks for all the work you've done on this! :-)

(07-07-2024 04:33 PM)MaryJane Sunshine Wrote:  
(07-07-2024 02:35 PM)Songdog Woolley Wrote:  I look at this in a different way. The kittens didn't "pull" Ody Ribbet. They literally just get the luck of the draw. The dad of all the kittens *passed* his shown Ody Ribbet. I can't tell from the pedigree what Pepe's hidden is, but here it really doesn't matter. Since he passed Ody Ribbet 4 times and it shows on the kittens all 4 times, we look to mom for the hiddens that are possible in the kittens. Since she shows Sea Green and hides Ody Tuscan Dream, there is a 50% chance for each of these kittens to hide Sea Green - IF it is indeed recessive to Ody Ribbit. The only way to know this is to test the kittens. Statistically, half the kittens will hide Ody Tuscan Dream, because 50% of the time, Brandy passes her hidden eye. So, it makes sense that out of 4 tries, she should have/could have passed her shown Sea Green at least once, but we've all experienced the frustration of the coin flips not going our way for weeks. So the only thing to do is to test the kittens.

I understand what you're saying. I kind of dropped the ball in really digging into it further due to lack of cattery space at the time and the assumptions I made from her pulls which could be completely wrong.

I do still wonder if anyone has actually pulled Sea Green shown with the possibility of Ody Ribbit hiding though, but if that hasn't happened.. it's more likely... Sea Green is in fact recessive to the Ody Ribbit?

I think I'll bring out the 8T baby and throw a faded flower behind it... and see what happens? If anyone wants to adopt the 5T floofy boy for testing they're welcome to him.
07-08-2024, 03:41 PM
(07-08-2024 02:54 PM)Songdog Woolley Wrote:  No need to use a valuable Faded Flower cat, Magic Kiss or anything more recessive will allow Sea Green to show if it is passed. The first time Magic Kiss or a more recessive eye shows up, this is proof that the kitten hides Ody Tuscan Dream, and the testing on that kitten is done. I will take the floofy boy and test him. Thanks for all the work you've done on this! :-)

I happen to have a 7T boy that'll pull whatever it is back there easily. Thank you for your advice and adopting the floofy boy as well!Big Grin
07-10-2024, 07:11 AM
Sea Green is Recessive to Odyssey Ribbit

[Image: 051cc77feed5c08d7a0dca9df2c78a3a.png]
 Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley , MaryJane Sunshine , Arcadiamyst Resident , LittleMe Jewell , Barry Ballyhoo
07-10-2024, 10:41 AM
Doesn't that place the eye below ribbit and above magic kiss?
07-10-2024, 11:23 AM
Indeed it does!

(07-10-2024 10:41 AM)Arcadiamyst Resident Wrote:  Doesn't that place the eye below ribbit and above magic kiss?
 Thanks given by: Arcadiamyst Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)