Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

With Gachas Being Banned, How Will Future KittyCatS! Be Released?
08-03-2021, 11:55 AM
RE: With Gachas Being Banned, How Will Future KittyCatS! Be Released?
Beryl Wrote:if things have to be changed for "resellers" of callie's creations, then i can understand that.

I see no reason at all why the secondary market would be affected. The cats and boxes we sell are definite no copy items with individual id numbers and fixed traits.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Kikii Littlepaws , Beryl Landar
08-03-2021, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2021 01:52 PM by MitsuruKirijo06 Resident.)
(08-03-2021 11:55 AM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  
Beryl Wrote:if things have to be changed for "resellers" of callie's creations, then i can understand that.

I see no reason at all why the secondary market would be affected. The cats and boxes we sell are definite no copy items with individual id numbers and fixed traits.

Future secondary market may be affected. Since if the vendors have to change and or stop altogether then one outcome could be a mega cat or a certain color is no longer rare. Also paid raffles which are secondary market may have to stop regardless of changes to the vendors.
08-03-2021, 03:15 PM
I think the issue is going to pertain mostly to the normal starter kitties and the collection kitties. While we know that they will all have a dominant Genesis fur & eye, we don't know "which" it will be. I don't think the recessive traits play in to it, because even though we primarily buy them to pull their hidden traits, that isn't a requirement. There are people that buy them just to be a pet. As someone else mentioned, the size of the collection kitties also comes into play - and possibly the way some are sold on the secondary markets. Just selling a normal boxed kitty shouldn't be an issue because we know exactly what it is.

Thanks given by: Kikii Littlepaws , Beryl Landar
08-03-2021, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2021 05:39 PM by LittleMe Jewell.)
LL has updated the original blog post: https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/e...ing-gacha/

Q: How are breedables impacted by this policy change?

A: This current policy change and deadline does not apply to breedables or other life simulation products. At the present we are working with external counsel on the subject of breedables. If any action is required we will make a separate announcement and have a separate timeline associated with it.

Thanks given by: Beryl Landar , Ellen Ireland
08-03-2021, 05:56 PM
This is just the most frustrating hash:

Quote:A: This current policy change and deadline does not apply to breedables or other life simulation products.

No, I don't really think the change applies to breedables as systems or it shouldn't.
Does it apply to Collection vendors? I think it does. That's a vendor issue, where we pay for a cat and get a Random cat from the latest collection.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Beryl Landar , Eleanor8 Resident
08-03-2021, 07:59 PM
I've re-read the update comments a few times. In the discussion about Fishing, the statement was made that the prizes had to be No Transfer -- likely because the prizes are the "unknown". If I remember correctly, Collection kitties are not Transferable when first bought (which is when the traits & size are still unknown). We cannot Sell/Transfer them until the boxes have been rezzed, thus making the dominant showing traits and the size a "known" item.

So, that sounds like the buying of the Collection kitties, since they are No Transfer at that point, meets the same description as the Fishing prizes having to be No Transfer.

08-04-2021, 06:03 AM
(08-03-2021 07:59 PM)LittleMe Jewell Wrote:  I've re-read the update comments a few times. In the discussion about Fishing, the statement was made that the prizes had to be No Transfer -- likely because the prizes are the "unknown". If I remember correctly, Collection kitties are not Transferable when first bought (which is when the traits & size are still unknown). We cannot Sell/Transfer them until the boxes have been rezzed, thus making the dominant showing traits and the size a "known" item.

So, that sounds like the buying of the Collection kitties, since they are No Transfer at that point, meets the same description as the Fishing prizes having to be No Transfer.

Collection kitties haven't previously been No Transfer, there was always swapping and trading and buying on the secondary market for all of them, but if you mean that this might have to change now, so that all collection cats are no transfer (unless permapet) then that is one valid agreement, but this would be a shame, b/c then it's going to be that much harder to get the one(s) you really want, and the trading has always been lots of fun. No transfer until rezzed would still fit the bill, though, b/c once rezzed, the cat is set with its costume and stats. ♥

Auctioneer: Sundae Sweet Treats (Sun 10AM) | Kiki Kat Treasures (Mon 9AM)
"Once you have been in the dark, you learn to appreciate everything that shines."
 Thanks given by: Ellen Ireland , LittleMe Jewell
08-04-2021, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2021 12:21 PM by Arwen Swordthain.)
(08-03-2021 08:13 AM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  The key phrase here seems to be:

Linden Lab Wrote:It’s widely known as "gacha", and is defined by a chance-based outcome as a result of a payment.

The breeding of the cats itself - while it is most definitely a matter of chance for the results of a box, and with some heavy-handed weighted algorithms at that - is saved from being covered by this policy by the fact that we don't pay for boxes, we pay for kibble.

Here's the link to the source I used: https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/e...ing-gacha/

Not with the collections though, even if each costume is sold seperately we still don't know what starter traits will be assigned, not even sure how they'd judge the random on rez hidden traits. The fact they are consulting on this means they don't know either. Also not sure how that logic of unknown hids would apply to the secondary market if they go down that route which I hope they don't.
(08-04-2021 06:03 AM)Kikii Littlepaws Wrote:  
(08-03-2021 07:59 PM)LittleMe Jewell Wrote:  I've re-read the update comments a few times. In the discussion about Fishing, the statement was made that the prizes had to be No Transfer -- likely because the prizes are the "unknown". If I remember correctly, Collection kitties are not Transferable when first bought (which is when the traits & size are still unknown). We cannot Sell/Transfer them until the boxes have been rezzed, thus making the dominant showing traits and the size a "known" item.

Collection kitties haven't previously been No Transfer, there was always swapping and trading and buying on the secondary market for all of them, but if you mean that this might have to change now, so that all collection cats are no transfer (unless permapet) then that is one valid agreement, but this would be a shame, b/c then it's going to be that much harder to get the one(s) you really want, and the trading has always been lots of fun. No transfer until rezzed would still fit the bill, though, b/c once rezzed, the cat is set with its costume and stats. ♥

Sorry to be devils advocate, even if its no transfer til rezzed you, the buyer, have still purchased something you have no idea what traits it will have so you have bought an unknown with a chance at something worthwhile. Even if you know the costume you can't know the breedable traits til its rezzed then only the starter ones not the hidden ones and a lot of us buy collections for the unknown hids, thats the fun for most of us.
The banning of gachas is about the intial purchase not the resale.

it states the fish not the prizes.

Q: Will popular games like 7seas be impacted by this policy change?

A: No, because the purchase of bait to go “fishing” is a purchase being made of a known item, and also the fish you catch while playing the game are non-transferable. To be clear, if they are not currently, they must be going forward.

and I was told the fish ARE transfer. Never taken part myself so I'm no expert on that.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Kikii Littlepaws
08-05-2021, 08:56 PM
The Gacha Ban FAQ has been updated again. It sounds like it might impact how the starter kitties can be sold since they can be any random Genesis fur & eye, but I'm not fully sure on that - ditto for the Collection cats.
Resales will definitely not be allowed to come from a random vendor.

https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/e...ing-gacha/

Q: But what about breedables (again)?

A: If you buy a brown cat, and a blue cat (as examples), as long as you knew you were getting a brown cat and a blue cat at the time of sale, this is acceptable at the present including the various unknown traits they may come with or develop. Secondarily, when those cats make little kittens with unknown outcomes, this is also acceptable. Lastly, the resale of any breedables will require at the time of purchase that the purchaser knows what they are purchasing at the root level (for example, it is a blue cat).

Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Arwen Swordthain
08-06-2021, 01:49 AM
(08-05-2021 08:56 PM)LittleMe Jewell Wrote:  The Gacha Ban FAQ has been updated again. It sounds like it might impact how the starter kitties can be sold since they can be any random Genesis fur & eye, but I'm not fully sure on that - ditto for the Collection cats.
Resales will definitely not be allowed to come from a random vendor.

https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/e...ing-gacha/

Q: But what about breedables (again)?

A: If you buy a brown cat, and a blue cat (as examples), as long as you knew you were getting a brown cat and a blue cat at the time of sale, this is acceptable at the present including the various unknown traits they may come with or develop. Secondarily, when those cats make little kittens with unknown outcomes, this is also acceptable. Lastly, the resale of any breedables will require at the time of purchase that the purchaser knows what they are purchasing at the root level (for example, it is a blue cat).

So with collections since what we see on the cat is the costume as long as we know what costume we are purchasing its all good Smile
Regarding the regular starters maybe assign an eye to a fur and therefore 5 variations to choose from would work. They'd soon see which Gen fur is most popular that way, could even change the eyes around every couple of months to add variation that way, not sure how easy any of that would be to do.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: LittleMe Jewell , Kikii Littlepaws , Charmayne Brentley

User(s) browsing this thread: