Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Eye shapes/pupils
11-26-2015, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2015 03:24 PM by LibGwen Resident.)
RE: Eye shapes/pupils
(11-25-2015 04:27 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  I understand the 9T game, and mastering it means that you know what you're doing vis a vis breeding. But I also feel like once you've mastered it, you should be able to let it go. And there is no particular skill to just producing 9T cats.
None at all.

Actually, I suspect that's why "the 9T game" exists. It take more application to produce a "boutique" cat, which may have starter traits because they look good.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2015, 10:38 PM

Once I whipped up a nine trait cat I was released from nine trait slavery.
I had accomplished the puzzle, and the novelty was over.

Then came phase two:

Once I realized that I didn't care if I ever sold a cat, I was liberated
from the constraints of breeding what I thought I had to,
and could now simply create the things I wanted to.

Curious big can work for me, guitar whiskers can work for me.

Do I ever want another one of those friggin shades other than normal
ever again???

NAYYYYYYYY!

I'm in it for the heck of it. I'm in it cus I like the crowd.
Cat fans rock.

Don't let whole nine trait obsession weigh you down.
Nobody is gonna get rich doing this,
and most people will be lucky to sell even one cat.

Do it for the fun of it Wink

[Image: DERKITTEHMILLlogosmallest.jpg]

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nykus/54/231/24/

Soylent Green is KitteH!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: JC Aferdita
12-21-2015, 11:43 AM
Yeah! Big Grin For the fun of it!
12-21-2015, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2015 08:21 PM by Oselkhandro Resident.)
For fun and not to try to sell cats..thats a relief! There are a lot of "old" traits that are lovely, and that I prefer. Ah, if only it were not so addictive! What do I do with those 900 boxes? Tongue

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Oselkhandro_Resident]
12-22-2015, 04:00 AM
You build a boxfort! Big Grin Or boxcastle! Or Boxhouse! So many options Big Grin
 Thanks given by: Winter Phoenix
12-25-2015, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 12-25-2015 08:21 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
I happen to dislike mysterious/small eyes since they remind me of snake pupils, not cat pupils so I don't breed for them. I hate hate hate snakes! I also don't tend to buy the snake eyes as I dislike them but have on occasion as I wanted something else on the cat like a new trait or something. If you don't buy the snake eyes, it doesn't encourage the breeding of them.

Besides, it's ridiculously easy to make mysterious/small eyes so there is not even the challenge of doing it for a breeder. Even when you are not breeding for them, they happen a lot. I'd say a good 70%-90% of cats seem to have those traits hid even when not shown. If it was challenging I might like them. I do like super-recessives but that's because they are challenging.

To me, it's like the Emperor's New Clothes. I've talked to any number of people who don't like them either but breed them anyways to sell. It's up to people -- if enough people start buying curious/small ; mysterious/big and curious/big, then people will start counting the other traits as more important. And if people start mixing up the eyes some, they'd be surprised at all the different looks the same color eyes can have with the different pupils and how it can shift the cat personality. In general, curious/small and mysterious/big are cuter and makes the cat look like it has a sweeter disposition (the good hero vs the evil villains -- in comics, evil villains mostly have small pupils for a reason--it is convention that small pupils = evil in anime/comics; big pupils = innocent/good) and if you look at paintings and drawings of cats, the pupils more often are bigger because it looks aesthetically better. Halloween cats are an exception -- they tend to have mysterious/small pupils in paintings/drawings because they were originally drawn to be "evil"

I get why people like mysterious/small. If they start going to auctions early in learning breeding, they see 9Ts selling more. It's easy to count to 9 rather than figuring out how recessive/dominant the other traits are (which relates to how challenging they are to make). So they think 9T = lindens. And it does--sometimes. So it is positive reinforcement financially. And making money in kittycats can be very challenging.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
 Thanks given by: Ryanna Enfield , JC Aferdita , Winter Phoenix

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)